Day 5

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Despite a lunchtime slip yesterday I don't feel any different in the sense of it being harder or being back at square one. However still having the dead sensation feeling (on and off) before you get pins and needles in both my arms and legs.

A couple of questions:

1. Does the usual PM bloating the week before still have an impact on weigh in?

2. I weighed myself today and only lost 2lbs so far (day 5 on SS) does the big number come on weigh in day? Hope so as I am not impressed......:sigh:

Hello there!

Despite a lunchtime slip yesterday I don't feel any different in the sense of it being harder or being back at square one. However still having the dead sensation feeling (on and off) before you get pins and needles in both my arms and legs.
This is likely to be magnesium related, or water retention. Drink more and you should feel some relief. I take magnesium, Essential Fatty Acids and calcium on top of my shakes and that helps me.

A couple of questions:

1. Does the usual PM bloating the week before still have an impact on weigh in?

Depends on the person I think - my worst bloating is arround ovulation

2. I weighed myself today and only lost 2lbs so far (day 5 on SS) does the big number come on weigh in day? Hope so as I am not impressed......:sigh:

Are you drinking over 2 litres of water? Day 4 is usually the start of ketosis, but the big hitter numbers of week one are all about the stored glycogen, so therefore, if you didnt have so much stored to begin with, or you have not drank enough then you will notice your loss will be less

Even if it isnt what you expect, remember that when you are in established ketosis, it's true fat that is melting away, so it's next weeks loss that really matters (and the week after and the week after that)

Good luck!

I weighed my self at home and wasn't impressed but I got weighed last night and lost alot more than I expected so don't let it get you down and try not to weigh yourself during the week as you will drive yourself crazy!

Back