Day 6 and FREEZING, is this normal?

Wannabe Weeney

Im on day 6 of Exante and chilled to the bone (especially hands and feet) ive got so many layers of woolies on and the heating that my family think im having a mini breakdown!!

The first week has been fine hunger wise but feeling so cold has been a challenge. Ive done Cambrdge before and ive never experienced the cold as a side effect, is this normal and will it pass?

It is normal and I'm still not out of it! Week 5 for me, everyone is different and I'm sure some people haven't suffered, but as a normally warm person, I've found it really difficult to cope with! I drink hot water instead of cold lol

Thanks mrsbroadside for your reply, hopefully as the weather warms up we will not suffer as much. Ive never had the need to go to bed in a hoodie, gloves and a couple of pair of socks, not the most attractive of looks needs must!

I am in week 10 and this week I have been SO cold! Its part of the diet Im afraid. I do lots of housework to keep warm!

I found that a hot bath helped lots and drinking warm water makes a difference. It's a horrible side effect :(

Lots of hot baths & drinks still for me!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

All of the above plus exercise. I wrap up warm - hat gloves scarf etc and walk fast enough for my heart rate to go up and to be breathing fast. Once I start sweating I know my body thinks it is time to cool down for a change.

I'm on day 6 and freezing my butt off too. I'm here in thermals, 2 jumpers and under a blanket, and my husband is sat here in a t shirt! I've been having a warm drink mid evening, and a bath before I go to bed, otherwise I'm too cold to sleep! Using 3 duvets on my side of the bed too :)

Thanks for your comments and advice ladies, will try warm water rather than cold and invest in some thermals, how on earth people cope doing VLCD in the middle of winter i'll never know :eek: Brrrrrr!

The reason we feel the cold on vlcds is that when your body digests carbs for energy it produces a thermic reaction.

Ketosis doesn't do that, sadly.

Sorry to jump in im day 3on cd and have been awake all night with the cold its freaky :-( so can this stay with you the whole time.ps spangles youre fab our fountain of knowledge :) i had assumed it was something to do with ketosis x

Back