Day 6 and have caved. :( (food mention)

Well, I had a weak moment at lunch. Kids eating food and I caved. I have really been craving salty food and when I could smell the Salt & Vin crisps-- I caved. Ate them as if I had not eaten in months then had several handfuls of prawn cocktail flavoured ones.

I crave food so badly. Starting to wonder if this diet isn't for me? I'm so confused. Any thoughts appreciated. xx

This isn't unusual within the first couple of weeks. Just get back on track and start again. You body probably does want salt. Have some of the broth instead. Remember that you can always eat a pack if you are hungry. In fact, I used to just say to myself "I will eat a pack and then if I still want such and such afterwards I will decide then". I always decided not to have it. I always added extra salt to the soups which worked well for me.

Just try eating when you are hungry - but only packs. believe me, the packs do fill you up and will take away the cravings.

The other thing i would say is - your kids don't need crisps any more than you do. So don't have them in the house - at least for now.

I wouldn't worry yesdarling - I got to Day 4 and was so hungry I had to buy a sandwich (I didn't eat the bread part).

Turns out I was causing the unbearable hunger by inadvertently putting spoonable sweetener in my coffee - apparently that will turn me into a hunger-crazed freak!

Could there be something else for you like this? I didn't think there was that much to look into, what with food being so restricted on this, but there was in the end.

Even if I fell off the wagon, at least I can start again today (Day 5).

Its frustrating, but just get to the bottom of why you ate and you will come back at this with renewed vigour!

ringleader, I have been doing that also!!! With the sweetener. I had no idea. Putting that stuff in another cupboard and never using it again!? Why does spoonable sweetener do that? Also, I sat down and realised my reasons for doing it. Just sheer comfort eating. My hubby has agreed that the twins don't really need crisps so we will keep them out of sight from me until I am ok with temptations around.

Thanks Nzmegs, you are a real inspiration to me. Thank you for cheering me on. It really helped get me back on track! :)

Back