Total Solution Day 6 and struggling :-(

OzLozz

I really want to cheat but I know how gutted I will be.

I managed to sit through a family BBQ and not touch a thing but now that I'm home I just want to go nuts and eat everything in sight! Somebody please stop me!!!

step away from the fridge and cupboards as someone said to me last week lol
you don't need food, have a drink, bath, fag whatever is your thing lol

THANK YOU! I had a cup of Bouillon instead to try and keep the hunger pangs at bay. I think it's been made worse by my other half buying himself a pepperoni pizza. He hasn't had it yet but I know it's in the fridge and its killing me!

Most of the time I haven't been hungry at all but now the weekend has arrived it's so hard to be good.

I will not break. I want that bikini body!

well done, thats great will power. Only you have the power to make changes and you DO have that power. Try to distract yourself when you get cravings, post on here for support and stay strong. You can do this hun xx

I know I can, it really is just mind over matter. I am to hungry and I do not need to binge just because I'm bored and everyone else is splurging.

Thankfully the other half promises he will be going on WW Monday. That should help in future as there will be no pizza in the house to be had!

Thanks for keeping me on he straight and narrow xx

*not hungry*

hey thats what wr're here for. If you see some of my pots you will see how i've come to realise how much i crave food when im bored or stressed or upset

Glad you didn't cave oz!! My fiance sat and ate a pizza beside me last night and I felt like punching him lol

~I just went into the bakers and had to endure watching my son eat a gingerbread man and my husband tuck into a steak bake... was secretly wishing hubby would choke on it l0l
Iwas very good, despite drooling over a Viennese finger I nibbled on my toffee bar!

Hahaha I'm so glad that everyone feels the same as me. I'm currently at my sons rugby presentation evening and everyone is eating burgers and BBQ food and drinking loads of alcohol! There was one lady sitting on the grass next to me shovelling two huge burgers down her and I automatically felt hatred! I wanted to snatch the burger off her and run away with it!

So far I have has 3 cans of diet coke as its all they have at the bar. I can't wait till we go home and I will have two soups straight away!

Ahh pants!!! Try and have no more diet coke cus the citrus acid will mess up your ketosis!!!

Well done for staying away from the food!! I probably would have been having 2 burgers too haha

lol greedy moo, you should have taken her burger just to teach her a bit of portion control lol. Has the diet coke messed up your ketosis or are you ok?

I am not sure I've been totally in for this whole week. There was 2 occasions I tested myself on ketostix and it showed that I was. Also my other half said that I smelt like I was in ketosis for a couple of days but now I don't smell do bad.

I had 3 cans of diet coke and I've also been drinking tescos sparking flavoured water all week long. I've read on previous posts that I need to avoid drinks with citric acid but honestly I've struggled to find anything that doesn't have that.

It was weigh day today and I honestly have no clue what's going on. It looks as though I've put on 2lb since weighing myself mid week.

I know I've been constantly drinking throughout the night so maybe that has affected it.

I'm not feeling very positive today actually. I have been feeling hungry for the last 3 days and really just want to eat real food but I know I'll ruin everything if I do.

I only have 12 more days of food in my exante box and I have also ordered something called bootcamp in a bottle.
It's supposed to be 0 calories and you can take it 6 times a day for a week without feeling hungry.

My goal is the 25th May because it will be my 1st year anniversary with the other half and I managed to book a lunch reservation last year to this top notch restaurant called Dabbous. It's so good that you can never get a reservation!
I plan to enjoy that day and just eat beautiful food instead of failing and eating something that is not worth falling off the wagon for!

I will then see if I can cope with doing another box or try something different. I still have about 2st 4lbs that I want to lose to get to my target.

Maybe another box would be a good idea!

Sorry for the long post.... Just catching up with my thoughts and this is stopping me from eating right now!

So key question is.... Is being in ketosis really that important? X

I just tested myself again and I'm in ketosis showing +++ which is the one before the darkest colour!

I'm not sure if I believe this citric acid theory. After all we are only consuming 600 calories a day!

The darker that it is it means your dehydrated!

I would believe it, I'm being extra careful as I was having the odd bit of gum and didnt get knocked out of ketosis so I got risky and after munching like 3/4s of a pack in a day I knocked myself put of ketosis and I'm only just back in now I think!

Trying to stay in ketosis is important because you burn fat more efficiently and most importantly it reduces your hunger and gives you a high. Makes surviving on 600 cals a day much more bearable! Xx

600 calories a day doesn't put you in ketosis, it's what you eat, not the number of calories, Atkins isnt low calorie but you go into ketosis on that. Your ketostix may show you're in ketosis but they're not always accurate, you need to go by your body and if you're feeling hungry that's not normal in ketosis. You may be one of those people who's ketosis isnt affected by citric acid, but honestly having stuff that you're not supposed to on this diet probably isnt helping the mindset.

As for putting on 2lbs during the week, I dont think drinking during the night will help that as usuallly we weigh first thing in the morning as we've had a good long stretch of an empty stomach and if you're drinking all night your tummy wont be completely empty. Also that will affect your sleep pattern. I've noticed in myself and it's a well known fact that lack of a good night's sleep can affect your weight loss. If you keep waking up during the night and you're drinking each time you might find that is part of the reason.

There are other reasons why your weight might show an increase for a bit. Water retention is usually the major reason, usually because you're due on. Also if you've been exercising a lot in your first couple of weeks, your body will then go into starvation mode instead of burning fat. Is your stomach working? Being constipated can show on the scales.

I think first off you need to stop with the diet coke and change to coke zero which is allowed. Also stop with the sparkling flavoured waters you've found and swap to something on the allowed list http://www.minimins.com/exante/197219-what-can-you-drink-exante.html. How much plain water are you drinking? That's the key to weight loss on this diet as it fills you up, stops you being hungry and flushes out the ketones etc. Have a week of nothing that's not 100% allowed and lots of plain water and see if that makes a difference on the scales. If it really doesn't make any difference to you personally then you can go back to the things you were having before, but I'd try it.

Thanks Chelly, GemlaD and Jael. I think I now fully understand ketosis and to be fair I did kinda feel constantly thirsty and I just couldn't quench the thirst.

I will stop drinking anything other than pure water, coke zero and teas/coffee from now on. I really don't want to undo all that hard work.

Unfortunately I do have a bit of a revaluation to tell you ladies. I'm slightly disappointed in myself for changing my decision to not finish exante as planned, but I did it for the best I think. I shall explain in this next looooong few paragraphs below.

I am currently on crutches after the first of two hip operations. In the last week I ended up attending A&E with pains in my chest that lead to me being diagnosed with a chest infection. I've also had conjunctivitis for what seems like the best part of two weeks.

I am not healthy enough to complete this diet and my boyfriend was getting more and more concerned for me. The panic was written all over his face. So I made a deal with him, he needs to lose about 3 stone and was really struggling to get in the frame of mind to start watching what he was eating.

I promised him that I would stop the exante diet if he and I joined weight watchers immediately and he agreed. Yesterday we both signed up to WW and started it straight away.

I really didn't want to run all of last weeks work by returning to my old eating habits, now I can eat healthy food and still loose weight, just a tad bit slower.

I want to loose just over 2 stone to reach my target of 9st 9lb. I'm sorry I'll be leaving the exante diet after speaking to you lovely ladies and I wish you all the very best of luck to reach your goals! I know you can all do it xxxxx

There's absolutely no need to apologise, this diet isnt suited to everyone and WW is still a great diet and you should definitely lose your 2 stone. Good luck!

Back