day 6-need some friends

lastslim

has some slim place to be
HI Guys,

Was recommended this site from the exante one. A lady said the support on here was vital in her support.

i am fed up trying to loose weight constantly losing and putting on. Food really rules my world and it feels my every waking second!

This is the last time i will loose weight and iwill not stop till i get there. So i find myself on day 6, suprised at how i could cook for my other half yesterday and not given in to a taste. I woke feeling very saintly, however today i am really struggling, i feel so hungry :-(. Any ideas guys? I thought the first couple of days would be hard but thought i had turned a corner after yesterday being so much easier. Have just made myself another mug of hot water, that will make 3 1/2 litres of fluid today.

So glad i have found this site as falling off the wagon is just not an option for me this time.

Hello and welcome! :)

It does get easier, honestly.

Try to find a distraction - a walk, a bath, paint your nails :D

I'm on week 11 and feeling a bit hungry myself tonight - think it's because it's turned chilly :)

Exante works, it really does!

Stay strong, you can do this :D

thank you for your encouraging words. I am weighing tomorrow evening with a friend who is restarting this diet so am going to put myself to bed. Hopefully tomorrow i will have some good news to share.

Hi Lastslim, welcome!
I remember being exactly the same and being surprised when I felt hungry, as I knew that I was in ketosis and that I wasn't really hungry (as sometimes it would be straight after my shake)... it helped me reaslise how much of my 'hunger' was just cravings or wanting to emotionally eat. Once I realised that it helped me to just ignore it, some days I still feel hungry but it goes after a while.
Anyway, good luck for weigh in! It should make the first week feel worth it!
LED x

thank you LED, i am learning here that i eat with my emotions. They weigh in certainly helped, i lost 7lbs so am well happy :). every time my tummy grumbles i am going to tell it to grow up stop moaning.

Wow half a stone, woohoo! :D
I know what you mean, I listened to my tummy grumbling yesterday when I should have just told it to shut up!

talking to everyone on here and reading peoples diaries as been so helpful in helping me realise i am just the same as everyone else and that yes this works fast as a weight loss plan but that it comes down to my will power and how much i want it as well as identifying my issues with food now when i am not eating it being able to deal with my emotional eating and binge eating when i feel i have fallen off the wagon will stop me putting it all back on again after. So i am lucky to of made some new friends who are all in the same boat or on the same bus lol. Have a good day

Well done, that is a great loss. This is my 2nd time doing this diet, and the one thing I found the first time around was that my weekly weigh-in really motivated me. Im only starting day 3 and so far have weighed myself everyday which I need to stop, because seeing the scaled drop 7lbs in one go is a great feeling, but seeing it drop and lbs a day doesnt give you the same buzz. Your doing really well. If I can give you one bit of advise, dont break it, not even for a slice of cheese. I was on it for 8 weeks the last time, broke it once with something tiny and that was it, it gave me the taste and that was it, never got back on track. I only plan on being on it for 4 weeks this time as I reckon I will be at target by then, and I plan on being 100%, so I really hope I can keep it up.

Well done, that is a great loss. This is my 2nd time doing this diet, and the one thing I found the first time around was that my weekly weigh-in really motivated me. Im only starting day 3 and so far have weighed myself everyday which I need to stop, because seeing the scaled drop 7lbs in one go is a great feeling, but seeing it drop and lbs a day doesnt give you the same buzz. Your doing really well. If I can give you one bit of advise, dont break it, not even for a slice of cheese. I was on it for 8 weeks the last time, broke it once with something tiny and that was it, it gave me the taste and that was it, never got back on track. I only plan on being on it for 4 weeks this time as I reckon I will be at target by then, and I plan on being 100%, so I really hope I can keep it up.

Evening Lenni,
Thanks for your great advice. I can relate to that with giving up smoking, i have given up many times in the past and thought just one would be fine and before i knew it i was on them again. I gave up on 28th Jan and know there can never be another one. Failing is not an option for me this time so am 100% focused and take on baord your advice. Thank you and good luck, you are so close. Look forward to catching up.

PS: get off those scales ;)

Hiya and welcome very well done on losing 7lbs that's fab!! It does get easier Hun good luck for rest of week xxx

Hiya and welcome very well done on losing 7lbs that's fab!! It does get easier Hun good luck for rest of week xxx

Thank you. I have had a fantastic day today and even managed to cook tea for my other half and just realized i still have another shake to have :)

lastslim said:
Thank you. I have had a fantastic day today and even managed to cook tea for my other half and just realized i still have another shake to have :)

I love that feeling it makes you feel like your in control well done xxxx

yes, just need to stay that way Kel :)

Oh my soup came today just had chicken one, yum yum. Nice change to just sweet stuff.

I have just notice my nails are growing super fast, i never manage to grow them as they just snap but they are looking good. Might have to get the nail file out.

I have OH's mum coming to stay on tuesday for a week. Have not said i am doing this yet. Think there are a few meals out planned. Am i wrong to go and not eat? I don't want to eat food till i have done 4 weeks. I am sure i could happily sit there when the family is eating with a nice coffee but i am not sure how they would react :-(

Go for it Hun your doing this for you your going to get all the questions arnt you hungry it can't be good for you etc so be ready for them xx

Back