Step 1 Sole Source Day 8 and counting!

gottakeepsmiling

Okay so I am new to this! After years of trying to loose my 'baby weight' .. ahem and using the mental excuse of being 'big boned' .. Ive decided enough is enough and face the music. I started at 15st.7lb and in the first six days I lost 10lb!!

Yesterday was really hard, luckily I live on my own at the moment so I can ignore meal times and when I used to snack, but I visited home. My mum cooked my favourite dinner.. I wont even mention it on here as its already encouraging hunger sounds from my tummy! I decided to go to the shop and by a newspaper while they ate.. but oh my word. Being around people which are eating bread, pasta anything on telly.. it makes you realise how much we revolve around food.

I suppose this is the mental change of the diet. You can't always over endulge, get takeouts, meals out and eat your weight in chocolate even though it will always be a favourite past time.

I am finding it really hard, I get very hungry like clock work - I assume this is normal? after 8 days? I am lucky I've had no headaches and only feel weak spells now and again. But I crave the motion of eating, luckily no slip ups.

If anyone at my stage could give me advice when to introduce food on the ss plus if would be much appriciated as I feel like I need a target in mind for when I can finally chew something?
:heartpump:Happy Valentines everyone xx

Hi, I'm on Day 7. Haven't had my first weigh-in yet, not really sure if I have lost much but I guess I must have as I've only had 3-4 shakes per day for a week now! (I'm 5'10 so I should have 4). I'm still waiting for the bit everyone talks about where you feel great and have loads of energy! I've had a bit of a miserable first week of feeling tired and dizzy and also hungry quite a lot. However, I haven't crumbled as losing this weight is important to me and I am totally relying on a belief that it will get better! Would be happy to keep in touch through the next few weeks/months. x

:)

i reckon you will be pleasantly surprised :) when is your weigh in?
I feel exactly the same, I am getting quite bitter of not feeling the 'Happy' feeling from the diet- but will give it time. Dont worry I get verrrrry hungry before a shake and it happens before I go to bed which makes me really aggitated. I think its when you have the weigh in and you know you are loosing weight that keeps you going :)

Hiya, how's it going? I'm feeling so much better today - physically and mentally. Went for my first weigh-in, lost 5.3kg (around 11.5lbs)! :)

WELL DONEE :) YAY :)

I'm okay, could be better! I feel strong as someone just brought in some really good smelling pastries for everyone in the office and I havent been tempted... :) I don't feel as hungry as usual so thats hopefully fading.
But. This morning I felt very very faint on my way to work and did not like it one bit. I swear I posted on here asking for advice to cope with this or if there were any tips or if it would eventually go! It wasn't nice at all!

xx well done again :)

That's just how I felt almost all week, I looked up all the dangers etc because I was convinced I was killing myself lol. I even went to the pharmacist to get them to take my blood pressure, I felt awful. It's only really today that I haven't felt like that and it feels good to feel normal! Fingers crossed I've ridden the worst of it now and now every day will be more like today.

Are you drinking plenty of water? I was and it didn't help but if you're not having enough then it could be worse. Hope you're feeling better now. xxx

Im feeling good now, so hopefully its just a morning thing- maybe to do with sugars? I keep joking that I am basically anorexic but its okay cos im getting nutrients and vitamins... it is weird to think we're not actually eating anything! I am very lucky I havent had any of the headaches etc (I wont jinx myself!)
The side effects are freaky but I think its to cover themselves in worst case scenarios, I'm glad youre feeling better- this morning was enough for me, couldnt have taken all week like you did!!

not sure what is going on with the size of this text... ahh well!!! xx

Okay so, 2 weeks :) weighed yesterday and lost another 6lb :) yayyy :) it is such hard work but worth it! actaully 'ate' my first thing yesterday with was a cambridge peanut bar and it was goooood. They arent as big as people described them as but as you get into it, it is quite alot in a strange way!
This friday I am planning on going out for a meal, ive been given advice by my consultant and I think it will be okay, gunna stick to salad and absolutely no carbs! I will even have one of my bars in the cinema to avoid popcorn :):)

Hope everyone else is doing well! xxx

Well done gottakeepsmiling. I totally admire you for going out for a meal, I don't think I have that kind of willpower right now but maybe in time. I have my first weigh in on sat although have been doing the diet since Wednesday so tomro will be a week but only started with consultant at weekend. fingers crossed it all goes well. Looking forward to reading your journey. It will all be worth it in the end.

Hey smiling, great job with your loss!!!!
It is a bit dangerous to visit a restaurant so early in the diet but I am sure your will manage. Try have a shake or half bar before you go and don't forget the water...

Hello, I am tempted to leave it, but I have been good so far i know i can do it! its the cinema i am more worried about as i loove popcorn and its such a habbit I have gotten into whenever I go, even if i waws full from a big meal i'd also have popcorn ..no wonder i am here now... haha!

The film times are at reallt weird times so may see if i can miss the food #:) will keep you all updated! Lauraswift, good luck with your first way in :) sure it will be great!! let me know how it goes!
xx

Good to see you are feeling better and had another week of fantastic weight loss!

Things are OK here too. It was my birthday on Saturday, I spoke to my counsellor and was advised that I could have a small piece of chicken, leaves and cucumber. I had this with some vinegar and it was nice. I haven't had - or felt tempted to have - anything since so I think as long as you're careful you'll be OK. I've just discovered the joys of semi-frozen chocolate tetra packs and I'm loving it!

Take care. x

Hello :) happy birthday hffox :)
:birthday:
Ive just started having the bars! its nice to actually eat something :)
Still havent decided what to do tomorrow, I am more concerned over not being able to eat popcorn at the cinema, my CDC advised chopping a bar up and eating that which I think I will do :)

I know I shouldnt but I have been sneaking on the scales now and again when I feel down/need of food to remind myself that what I am doing is good- and I have a feeling I won't loose that much this week.. But i keep telling myself that the CDC said i will probably see it in inches rather than weight next week as this week my inches didnt change much... ahhh! I hope I dont get disheartened by the bars, only having one a day but it makes you feel guilty enough as it is eating something!

Tomorrow I'm probs guna do what you did and have some sort of chicken and salad!

Gotta keep smiling!
haha.. xxxxxx

My weigh-in in a couple of hours and I really don't think I've lost anything although I don't see how that can be possible! Haven't stepped on the scales so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Week 2 is notorious for low weight loss thoigh isn't it? x

Good luck at your wi x

Hey hffox, Happy birthday(delayed):bestwishes:
And don't worry about the wi. Is not always the scale, are the inches too!!
x

I lost 2.2kgs so a total of 7.5kgs now. I know it's ridiculous but I was a bit disappointed with that! Still, head down and keep going I guess - there aren't many diets where you can lose 5lbs on week 2. Feeling good now so I don't mind that it will be many more weeks!

This is a realy good loss hffox. You are doing great. Keep smiling dear!!!

Im sure you would have lost :) im feeling so badly like i havent this week... even though i have stuck to it 100% maybe its because we are gettign used to the feeling of the diet?x

Back