Day at a time..

It's been 25 days now and I've lost over a stone but i have to admit the last week has been tough. I've felt tired and today I went to a museum and I felt a bit dizzy. Has anyone else found that? I'm sticking to the shakes and drinking +3 L water per day.

Also I was wondering do people generally stay on SS until they have reached their goal weight or start going up the steps before?

Was hungry last night which I normally never am. Feel I'm going through a bit of am rough patch. But hanging in there...

Got up and had lost 10 kilos, that's over 1.5 stones. Feels like a milestone for me so it helps to motivate me. That and the clothes feeling better.

My consultant thought I should aim for 68 kilos (10.7s) which is in the middle of a healthy BMI but my friend who is a similar height to me is around 60 (9.4s) and she looks amazing - guess I just need to see what suits me when I get to that point.

Really curious about when people start to go on SS+ and how they manage it... I'm nervous about eating food again... How much the loss slows down as you step up...

blondcarrot said:
Was hungry last night which I normally never am. Feel I'm going through a bit of am rough patch. But hanging in there...

Got up and had lost 10 kilos, that's over 1.5 stones. Feels like a milestone for me so it helps to motivate me. That and the clothes feeling better.

My consultant thought I should aim for 68 kilos (10.7s) which is in the middle of a healthy BMI but my friend who is a similar height to me is around 60 (9.4s) and she looks amazing - guess I just need to see what suits me when I get to that point.

Really curious about when people start to go on SS+ and how they manage it... I'm nervous about eating food again... How much the loss slows down as you step up...

Morning

If it makes you feel better I've been on SS+ since day 2. I've lost 1stone 8lbs in just over 3 weeks so I don't think it slows down weight loss too much. The meal works out at roughly a chicken breast with some greens so it's a meal but something small.
I've not cheated.. I've not found the 200cal meal a prob, but I've only done SS for 1 day ( couldn't cope). You'll be fine.. I promise.

willow12 said:
Morning

If it makes you feel better I've been on SS+ since day 2. I've lost 1stone 8lbs in just over 3 weeks so I don't think it slows down weight loss too much. The meal works out at roughly a chicken breast with some greens so it's a meal but something small.
I've not cheated.. I've not found the 200cal meal a prob, but I've only done SS for 1 day ( couldn't cope). You'll be fine.. I promise.

Thanks. Feeling better already. Well done with your loss too - that's amazing. Feels great, doesn't it?!

Still not cheated but I'm feeling hungry and deprived. I think I've figured it's because I'm a bit bored being on hols as the weather isn't that great. It's not that totm yet I find that I'm moaning and getting a but annoyed with my old folks too :-( I'm 35 so I shouldn't behave like a spoiled teenager... Any suggestions for how to get myself out of this self inflicted misery???

Also where I am there are no scales. I weigh myself every morning normally. It's my highlight and a reminder of how I'm losing. hope when I get back I'll be positively surprised...

blondcarrot said:
Still not cheated but I'm feeling hungry and deprived. I think I've figured it's because I'm a bit bored being on hols as the weather isn't that great. It's not that totm yet I find that I'm moaning and getting a but annoyed with my old folks too :-( I'm 35 so I shouldn't behave like a spoiled teenager... Any suggestions for how to get myself out of this self inflicted misery???

Also where I am there are no scales. I weigh myself every morning normally. It's my highlight and a reminder of how I'm losing. hope when I get back I'll be positively surprised...

I'm feeling hungry and deprived too!! I should still be in ketosis as I've not cheated either but I WANT PIZZA !!!
You're doing well if you're away and in CD! If you can access the Internet have a look at summer clothes you'd like.. That's what I do. I can't afford them but it's window shopping instead of scoffing. Where are you on hols?

willow12 said:
I'm feeling hungry and deprived too!! I should still be in ketosis as I've not cheated either but I WANT PIZZA !!!
You're doing well if you're away and in CD! If you can access the Internet have a look at summer clothes you'd like.. That's what I do. I can't afford them but it's window shopping instead of scoffing. Where are you on hols?

That's what I do too!!! :) love Zara so keep adding things to the basket, hoping some of them will go on sale... and I look at http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html - its brilliant to dream about what I might look like hihi.

I think it's everything at the mo and the smell of foods are making me go bonkers! Must stay strong. Must stay strong...

What have you got of a target? How long have you been doing it?

I'm in Denmark visiting family. Food is so amazing here....

blondcarrot said:
That's what I do too!!! :) love Zara so keep adding things to the basket, hoping some of them will go on sale... and I look at http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html - its brilliant to dream about what I might look like hihi.

I think it's everything at the mo and the smell of foods are making me go bonkers! Must stay strong. Must stay strong...

What have you got of a target? How long have you been doing it?

I'm in Denmark visiting family. Food is so amazing here....

Denmark.. How lovely. Congrats on staying away from food so far! "Nothing tastes as good as slim feels", so they say!
My first target is 12st and this is day.. 26 but I also did a week before that then week off as I had a urine irritation so had to get better first. So I've done 33 days and have lost 1st 8oz so far.. My weigh in is Friday, I don't weigh myself daily. My target is to be in a size 12 bottoms so not really focusing on scales but size of clothes instead.
I have been thinking of having a 'gorge' day and eat everything I'm craving to get it out of my system BUT then I think about how stupid that would be when it's not even for a special occasion, it's also not a healthy relationship to have with food!! The feeling soon passes and with every new day I'm grateful that I haven't done it. I'm on SS+ so I am actually eating, I just want carbs and fat I think!
Do you ever feel like this? What day are you on?

willow12 said:
Denmark.. How lovely. Congrats on staying away from food so far! "Nothing tastes as good as slim feels", so they say!
My first target is 12st and this is day.. 26 but I also did a week before that then week off as I had a urine irritation so had to get better first. So I've done 33 days and have lost 1st 8oz so far.. My weigh in is Friday, I don't weigh myself daily. My target is to be in a size 12 bottoms so not really focusing on scales but size of clothes instead.
I have been thinking of having a 'gorge' day and eat everything I'm craving to get it out of my system BUT then I think about how stupid that would be when it's not even for a special occasion, it's also not a healthy relationship to have with food!! The feeling soon passes and with every new day I'm grateful that I haven't done it. I'm on SS+ so I am actually eating, I just want carbs and fat I think!
Do you ever feel like this? What day are you on?

I'm on 28 days so just behind you! Think I'll need to do another month on SS and then 6 weeks working up to the last step... But like you I'll need to be where I'm happy with my size.

It keeps me sane to see the scales move a little every day so I'm slightly addicted to going on them. Mind I'll not be on them until I return to London next week as there are none in the house.

Do you think it'll help you to get it out the system tho? If it was me I'd just feel awful afterwards. I just miss eating, anything would do. That scares me as I can be greedy with food and when I'm going to introduce food I'm scared I'll binge. Fingers crossed I'll work it out and learn when I'm actually full.

keep going im only on day 2 and im starving, well hungry :), so far ive had Apple Porridge and Pecan, Apple gets my vote, as for drinks, Capachino was ok, but fruits of the forest was nice, like drinking angel delight. I did have the veg soup last night and it was actually ok No worse than a cupa soup. My dog actually didnt wanna lick my Porridge bowls so says it all.

Going for Broccli soup tonight followed by the Strawberry shake around 8 ish before bed. Finding it hard though as wifes eating all the nice stuff. Been reading about Dukan Diet you get to eat bacon and sausages for 7 days How goods that LOL.

Keep it up its hard but worth it

Littleted said:
keep going im only on day 2 and im starving, well hungry :), so far ive had Apple Porridge and Pecan, Apple gets my vote, as for drinks, Capachino was ok, but fruits of the forest was nice, like drinking angel delight. I did have the veg soup last night and it was actually ok No worse than a cupa soup. My dog actually didnt wanna lick my Porridge bowls so says it all.

Going for Broccli soup tonight followed by the Strawberry shake around 8 ish before bed. Finding it hard though as wifes eating all the nice stuff. Been reading about Dukan Diet you get to eat bacon and sausages for 7 days How goods that LOL.

Keep it up its hard but worth it

Welcome Littleted

My husband and children eat naughty stuff around me too. Then again I'm kind of encouraging it for some strange reason. I bought some Hershey's choc sauce today for them ti pour into stuff or make chic milkshakes. I had a sniff but wasn't tempted. Kids had tiger bread too which I could have happily eaten but I was ok. It's the dreaded Dominoes pizza that keeps calling me!!!
I'll be fine.. I've come too far now to throw it away on pizza.

Morning all,

Still plotting away with my shakes but finding still that I'm hungry and also still a little dizzy. I'm 5'9 so using 4 shakes a day - when I first started I could last all day on three, had to remind myself to squeeze the 4th in lol

I have no idea of weight as not been on scales since Monday but feels like I'm shrinking, maybe mosly becoz my tummy is starving so tends to go flatter tihi - at least that's something to appreciate even if I'm hungry! He he

I'm hoping it's just a phase, been a few days now of feeling hungry, has anyone felt that doing SS only? About a month in, should be in ketosis as not cheated once.

Any suggestions re dizziness? Drinking 4 litres a day so water is not a problem.

Now I've lost around 1'5 stone I'm starting to thing of the final two. I'm hoping I'll loose a stone in the next month and then the last one as I go up thru the steps and reintroduce food again. I'd love to hear people's experiences with that... I like to be mentally prepared and know what to expect, esp weightloss-wise.

Overall so impressed with loss to date, not been as hard as traditional diet - loved that I haven't had to make any decisions about food at all. Seems to have reduced temptation as I cold stop myself even playing with the idea and getting to the mouthwatering, ah, that would be tasting so good, just a bite wouldn't hurt, phase...

Hope everyone's doing well and looking forward to the weekend!

Love BCx

Update ive lost 9 lbs but as always most is water and other bits, as its first week, im down in London all next week in meetings then on Holiday for 2 weeks, so im putting it all on hold till i return. Food intake though is carefully thought through now as i dont want to cram it all back on.

Some things i noticed.
Soup sucks , ok it tastes ok but i always got headache after. so ive sacked that off
Porridge is eatable but still bad,
Shakes rock, id have these all the time, Favs are Fruits of the forest, Mango, Banana. fallen out with Capa.

Good luck to all whos on it, I did start to feel not hungry and also had that taste in my mouth, but it was hard watching family eat. i did sneak an apple in and half a cheese sandwich but it didnt effect me. I also rang my contact, who told me to have a chicken breast and rocket for tea, just so my mouth could chew something, weight still fell off.

Thanks and ill catch you all Aug when im back and full of Sangreia

So proud of what I've achieved so far. Started 1 June and lost two stones. Half way to my goal!

I've stuck to SS with the exception of a family day out whilst on holiday which I'd not prepared for but had chicken breast + 2 carrots to keep me going which didn't affect me negatively.

Today I've got an engagement party so I'll be staying off the champagne and food but tomorrow I've got an invitation, again for an all day event with 3 course meal and everything that goes with it. I won't know many who will attend and as it is a fancy set up I don't feel comfortable bringing out my shaker! Tbh I'd also be uncomfortable not eating and having to explain why during a three course meal!

So my plan is just to eat as little of the healthy stuff as possible to keep me going and not touch the dessert. Not to drink, either, of course. I do hope it's not a menu full of fried, fatty stuff!

Any advice on do's and don'ts? Are there things that are more likely to kick you out of Ketosis? I should not touch fruit right? Or anything citric?

BC xx

I am finding that the diet is a little limiting from a social perspective. How's everyone else dealing with that?

I agree - VERY limiting! I was out shopping with friends yesterday and we had lunch... I knew we would so I came prepared and had packed a chewy malt toffee bar. I like the bars but it still sucks when everyone around you is sitting down eating yummy food! And last night I went out and everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking and telling me to have one - that wasn't much fun! Pleased I stayed strong though and I think you just have to keep telling yourself it will be worth it in the end.

When I think about all the things that being overweight stops me from doing socially right now (going to the beach, boat parties, etc) I think giving up a few social things for now is definitely going to be worth it if it means that soon I'll be able to do EVERYTHING I want... That thought keeps me going!

Stay strong! x

GoaM

So agree, it is definitely worth staying strong. Around acquaintances I often just say I'm on detox when I go out. Everyone tends to accept that a little easier and I've had none asking me details about it. And my friends just think I am doing so well, supports me and are proud of how I'm doing which is lovely and lucky for me.

Strangely its more complete strangers that challenges me. I'm dating and would like to find a nice guy and it's not the sexiest thing to be on a diet! Or not drinking if you are going on a date! Oh well I have to make up for it with charm... :)

BC xx

GoaM

So agree, it is definitely worth staying strong. Around acquaintances I often just say I'm on detox when I go out. Everyone tends to accept that a little easier and I've had none asking me details about it. And my friends just think I am doing so well, supports me and are proud of how I'm doing which is lovely and lucky for me.

Strangely its more complete strangers that challenges me. I'm dating and would like to find a nice guy and it's not the sexiest thing to be on a diet! Or not drinking if you are going on a date! Oh well I have to make up for it with charm... :)

BC xx

Ooooh - DETOX! Thats a good one - I hadn't thought of that! I'm definitely going to use that one... I think people will find that much more acceptable. Last night I said I couldn't drink because I'm on antibiotics lol... But I can't be on them forever! My friends are amazing and so supportive but you're right - its mostly strangers and acquaintances who seem to have an issue!

Good luck with the dating! Isn't it weird when you think just how much our social lives revolve around food and drink?! I need to find an active hobby lol... x

Back