Day off!

CambridgeKez

Hi all,
I went out with friends yesterday (Been planned for months) & had meal & alcohol. I had banana to bring me out of ketosis prior to meal as advised by CDC. The menu was shocking. It was all burgers & chips, platters of chicken nuggets, garlic bread etc or pizza. I nearly cried. There was 14 of us, I opted for steak & chips (so I thought). It was a sizzling platter of fries with strips of steak(fatty too), smothered in peppercorn sauce & melted cheese on top. I was hungry but managed to stop half way. I stuck to vodka & SLtonic but in one bar they had no slimline or diet mixer at all! The day terrified me. I lasted from 1pm till 10pm, others stayed till 5am! I feel so guilty today. Had all my products but Filipino heck I've been starving! It was sooooo NOT worth it but I didn't want to let friends own as 2 of their birthdays. I so hope Im back in ketosis soon, this is horrific. Xxxx
Moan over
Xxx

I am really worried about my first night out in a few weeks it will be drunken fuelled and I cant not drink as I wouldnt feel confident enough to dance etc... I understand where youre coming from, the hunger pangs and side effects going back into ketosis are horrible and just doesnt seem worth it. Hope you are in ketosis soon! :)

It's a nightmare isn't it! I don't know about you bt I feel like a social leper! I too need a few drinks to lighten up & dance. This diet is ace in a lot of ways but the alcohol taboo is the only big negative IMO. Hope all goes ok on your nite outxxx

Omg my mouth just filled with water reading about your dinner!!! ;(!
I don't know what you've been advised but when I have a drink on CD I have small amount of protein before I drink then I've been drinking white wine and diet lemonade or you cud have vodka and diet coke? Then at end of the night get some chicken from kebab shop! Don't drink too much take it do slowly I had 1small glass of wine sat and was wasted!! Haha! My CDC says anything white is the best and will hardly bring h out of ketosis!! It is hard though x x

PLEASE remember absolutely NO food talk in the 100% section

Thread moved due to food references

clear spirits have no calories but like all alcohol, slows down your metabolic rate.

I can understand how you feel. I am doing ss am have been so focused and am doing so well on it that I didn't even want to go out for a meal yesterday with my family to celebrate my brothers birthday. They all know I'm doing this diet and are supportive so they didn't mind. I could have just had a grilled chicken salad with no dressing so that wouldn't really do much harm I don't think, but the thought absolutely terrified me. Think it's because this is the first diet in years that is working for me and I've actually managed to stick to and I don't want to do anything to jeopardise that. I don't know how I will be when I need to come off ss

Sounds good your very strong :)!!! You will just have to take small steps when you get to goal weight! And regular weigh inns! X well done

i went out sun on the intention of only having a couple of wine spritzers ended up with 6 bottles of champers between us...........i was ok on the night but paying for it today still!!!

dying.com

MissieCB said:
i went out sun on the intention of only having a couple of wine spritzers ended up with 6 bottles of champers between us...........i was ok on the night but paying for it today still!!!

dying.com

Serves you right lol.... ;-)

O my!! I bet u r! I'm such a light weight on this diet I only need 1 to be merry :) saves money on alcohol :) x hope you feel better soon cause even after 1i have abit of a hangover so can't imagine how you feel?! X

Hope you get back into ketosis soon and that it hasnt had any significant effect on the scales. Just wanted to say I've recently been out on a number of social events and pubs/bars are very good at changing chips etc to salad. When i eat out i always opt for lowest carb and go mainly protein based and ask for lettuce instead of chips/onion rings and if it's in a sauce i will ask for no sauce and then put mayonnaise on instead as this (i know it's fatty) is very low carb being mainly proetin based. For example I had chicken and bacon with salad yesterday with a bit of mayo and it was delicious and very low carb, no guilt and no change in appetite the following day so social events don't always have to be a disaster zone and like i say most places are very accommodating infact my sister took me to a michelin star place for my bday, i told them i was on v low carb so they gave me 2 pieces of meat instead of the potatoes :)

Yes def feel like a social leper lol, I think I will stick to gin and tonic as its lowest calories even though i dont particularily like the taste! Its just the fear of coming out of ketosis and having to go through 3-4 days of hunger and misery again lol xx

Charlie Woo Woo said:
Serves you right lol.... ;-)

Tell me bout it looool

Anyway picking myself up (ok so it's now Wednesday) and getting back to the grindstone lol.
Xxx

lil_legs said:
fair few off us fell off the wagon this weekend and i ended up being off plan fri-tues... hello gain!

back on track today though, onwards and downwards! x

Well done for getting back on track it's so hard isn't it!!! :) x

JessieJ said:
Hi Charlie how you feeling today?? :)

Hi.. it really nice of you to ask :)
im still struggling to get back into it really if im honest. I had a ss bar this morning and then went swimming as i do every week with my little girl and was ok but now feel like having something naughty. I dont know if its a craving or of im genuinely hungry. Ive had some plain ham and started to have 2 crisps but stopped as i know its silly and had my ss meal.
I want to get to Monday for my WI an hopefully tht will give me the boost I need. Im
glad i had my break but never thought it would be this hard. it wasnt this bad when i started 8 weeks ago im sure lol

How are you? xxx

I agree! When I started, week 1 was no where near as bad as when u av had a day off. I think the 100% drive at the beginning tricks you into ignoring the hunger pangs & just gulping the water. Several weeks later, although still keen to lose weight, the tummy rumblings, hunger pangs & cravings take every bit of strength & will power I have. I have to ask, is it worth the day off? Lol
I won't be doing it in a hurry. Hope u get to Monday ok & have a great loss to inspire u on. Xxxx

Back