Step 1 Sole Source Day one Cambridge diet-12 week challenge starting today whos with me?

hello hunni! its my wedding day on 13th july so hope i see a difference too!

im on day 5, have you had a sneaky weigh in yet? x

Hi everyone. Can I join in? I'm going to use Exante, desperately need to lose weight as it keeps sneaking up and has done over the past 3 years or so, getting to me up to where I am now which is looking at the business end of 18 stone 7 lbs. The thing spurring me on this time that I've stupidly managed to ignore the fact that my graduation is this September and I want to be so much slimmer by then! So despite knowing it's coming up I've just ignored and eaten (...and eaten and eaten and eaten) instead.

In an ideal world I'd like to reach 9 stone but that's a bit of an OTT goal to try to cram in by September, even by my standards lol so instead I reckon I could get down to around 12 stone, giving me a 6 stone 7lbs loss in 5(ish) months which I think is a sensible estimate based on the losses VLCD can give. Getting down to 12 stone would be great as I looked and felt so much better when I was that weight, which is how much I weighed when I met my boyfriend :)

Anyway, since this is a 12 week challenge, if I behave myself I should be able to drop maybe 3 stone (going by the 1 stone per month vlcd average), leaving me at 15 stone 7 lbs. It seems so far away right now but I know I can do it, we all can!

Best of luck everyone :) I've got to get ready for work in a bit but will read through this thread properly when I get in tonight, will be good to see other people's stories xx

Of course lol I said I wouldn't but the scales call my name every morning planning on taking them to friends house so I can't weigh myself would love a shock on weigh in day, going by my scales I'm now 18st 4 3/4 lb :) although I'm not believing it x

well done both!

iv been burrying my head with the wedding!! you would think it would be a motivator to get me moving but nope until now!x

I know that feeling I was a bridesmaid last year 5.5 months after having my daughter and tried but failed to make a difference and now I can't look at the photos without feeling bad, x

hey every1

I was wondering can we have sparkling spring water???will it effect my weight loss???:confused:
thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Can I join in? I'm going to use Exante, desperately need to lose weight as it keeps sneaking up and has done over the past 3 years or so, getting to me up to where I am now which is looking at the business end of 18 stone 7 lbs. The thing spurring me on this time that I've stupidly managed to ignore the fact that my graduation is this September and I want to be so much slimmer by then! So despite knowing it's coming up I've just ignored and eaten (...and eaten and eaten and eaten) instead.

In an ideal world I'd like to reach 9 stone but that's a bit of an OTT goal to try to cram in by September, even by my standards lol so instead I reckon I could get down to around 12 stone, giving me a 6 stone 7lbs loss in 5(ish) months which I think is a sensible estimate based on the losses VLCD can give. Getting down to 12 stone would be great as I looked and felt so much better when I was that weight, which is how much I weighed when I met my boyfriend :)

Anyway, since this is a 12 week challenge, if I behave myself I should be able to drop maybe 3 stone (going by the 1 stone per month vlcd average), leaving me at 15 stone 7 lbs. It seems so far away right now but I know I can do it, we all can!

Best of luck everyone :) I've got to get ready for work in a bit but will read through this thread properly when I get in tonight, will be good to see other people's stories xx

Helloooooooooooooooooo Sam , good to see you , yes join us on the merryGO round lol .

Hi all my first day on cd and finding hard any tips pls? Xxx

it will get easier i promise. im not going to lie it is a hard diet. but youl soon be slimmer! try reading a book or gong for a bath x

hey every1

I was wondering can we have sparkling spring water???will it effect my weight loss???:confused:
thanks

nope you can have as much as you like, i cant stand the stuff so i put orange flavour in it and make orange ade ;)

Welcome all new comers Brocher , Day for for me too , how you doing ?
July12, Sometimes it takes alot to think i've had enough now i want todo the diet , for me is seeing myself in full lengh mirror .
Afrohappban , first day as july said baths , just relax , think of things to keep you busy . make sure you do the water !

Can anyone tell me please if it really does get easier in week two. Am on SS and reaaaally want to do it for the 12 weeks but it's dragging :( only on day 6.

Hello I wandering if I could join? I am current 24st and a size 26. I really want to be a size 14-16. I had some ss from when I tried it before so decided to try it again for 2 weeks. I'm having 2 shakes a day 3ltrs water and I tinned soup or a mug shot for dinner. I'm currently on day 2 and sooooo hungry. Any ideas on how to keep myself motivated as I feel like I have too much to lose :-( xx

Can anyone tell me please if it really does get easier in week two. Am on SS and reaaaally want to do it for the 12 weeks but it's dragging :( only on day 6.
EASIER huh , for some its a breeze , others hard , i really think it depends from person to person , write a list of why your doing the plan , read it over when you feel the diets too hard . also another thing todo if you want to eat something you should not , don't tell yourself you can't have it tell yourself you will have that in ten mins and by doing that the feeling won't be as strong .

Hello I wandering if I could join? I am current 24st and a size 26. I really want to be a size 14-16. I had some ss from when I tried it before so decided to try it again for 2 weeks. I'm having 2 shakes a day 3ltrs water and I tinned soup or a mug shot for dinner. I'm currently on day 2 and sooooo hungry. Any ideas on how to keep myself motivated as I feel like I have too much to lose :-( xx
hi all welcome to join ... you could be hungry because of the mug shots and soup , maybe try and go back to your ss and have 4 aday . once i did cabbage soup diet i was so hungry and ended up failing . mentaly hungry on ss 4 packs . but hungry as pains in tummy by the soup and mug shots

whos feeling on top of their game here ? whos struggling? . I know tonight i struggled ... i must say when i go on these VLCD i feel down ... but i feel its weeks out of my life ... staying big and not doing anything , will feel down all the time . Theres alot on here with a chunk to lose like myself so we all have eachother , keep that in mind when it gets hard, i'm not alone , come on here , call a friend .

Hey the challenge chart thing sounds good :)

Day 6 for me.. I just had 1 scrambled egg but I've not felt well all week and thought I either have that or I end up saying stuff this n having take away.. Feel better for it tbh x

Hey the challenge chart thing sounds good :)

Day 6 for me.. I just had 1 scrambled egg but I've not felt well all week and thought I either have that or I end up saying stuff this n having take away.. Feel better for it tbh x
Yes the challenge chart , if anyone wants to have a go at setting it up , i'm in . the egg is fine ... with some foods they trigger other foods . you done well ! you can go to bed with a smile .

My weigh in day is a Monday. I lost 3lb this morning. Do I count that and put it on the table?

Hi

I have added you to the table. How much do you want me to put down for your goal for the 12 weeks?

:)

Back