Step 1 Sole Source Day one Cambridge diet-12 week challenge starting today whos with me?

Hi all. Great to read your posts and know i am not alone! Day 4 for me. Doing ok. Like some of you this is my second time round. Ive just put it all back on after losing 6 stone on LL 4 yrs ago.

Can i be added to the table please?Start weight 16 stone 11. Target weight 11stone 5. I know it is possible but seems like a very long journey ahead! Keep it up everyone... We can do it! X

Hi,

You are definitely not alone. I did LL for a week before changing to CD. I really couldn't get on with it! Didn't like the shakes, I found the soups vile and the choice really limited. Plus also quite a bit more expensive a week. Well done for sticking with it to lose 6 stone, I just about managed a week! I did like the idea of the group sessions though but I suppose I sort of get that support by coming on here.

Will add you to the chart. Can you let me know what day is your weigh in day and how many lbs you are hoping to lose in the 12 week challenge?

Thanks xxx

Hi,

You are definitely not alone. I did LL for a week before changing to CD. I really couldn't get on with it! Didn't like the shakes, I found the soups vile and the choice really limited. Plus also quite a bit more expensive a week. Well done for sticking with it to lose 6 stone, I just about managed a week! I did like the idea of the group sessions though but I suppose I sort of get that support by coming on here.

Will add you to the chart. Can you let me know what day is your weigh in day and how many lbs you are hoping to lose in the 12 week challenge?

Thanks xxx

Could I join the chart please?

Hi HazelD

You are more than welcome to join the thread. It does get easier, first few days are the toughest. Keep focussed on how many lbs you can lose this first week and you will be fine. I felt much better after day 4 xxx

Yep can add you to the chart no worries. What day is your weigh in day and how many lbs do you want to lose in the 12 week challenge?

Thank you
, My first weigh in is April 18th, and I hope to lose 35lbs. Fingers crossed!

Added, good luck, I am sure you can achieve the 35lb loss xxx

I'm wondering if I have a kidney infection? I feel rubbish and my throat feels all tight like its closing? :(

I'm wondering if I have a kidney infection? I feel rubbish and my throat feels all tight like its closing? :(

I did have a sore throat for 2 days, but the kids have all had colds so just put it down to that. I would say get it checked out by your GP and be safe xxx

Well done for getting this far! Your brain will be going through your memory box and ty and find things to make you eat, I.e your fave meal ect lol x

Thank you :) proud of myself so far, just can't stop thinking about food, but I've not touched any yet so just proves I do have the willpower! Secretly weighed myself earlier and if my scales are correct I've lost 5lb in 3 days :) not keeping my hopes up though just I case it's not right. First weigh in is on Friday. How are you doing with the diet Hun? X

Starting cambridge diet tomorrow! Been to the consultant tonight after weighing myself.. 13stone 2lb is my starting weight. That's the heaviest I've EVER been. My goal weight is 10stone which a BMI of 21. All your stories have motivated me! So looking forward to day 1!!

Starting cambridge diet tomorrow! Been to the consultant tonight after weighing myself.. 13stone 2lb is my starting weight. That's the heaviest I've EVER been. My goal weight is 10stone which a BMI of 21. All your stories have motivated me! So looking forward to day 1!!

Best of luck! I'm coming to the end of day 1, thought I was for a break but I pushed through and I'm so glad! Ps. The porridge is yummy! Hoping tomorrow is a little easier. It's all down to will power and breaking bad habits! You can do it :)

I am a little worried about the poridge, someone told me it tasted like cardboard! Haha. Hope tomorrow is easier for you! Ill keep you updated as to how I get on. I'm at uni for most of the day tomorrow so hopefull that will keep my mind off food! I am going on holiday in July so at least I have a goal. I am determined to not spend my time looking at skinny people round the pool in bikinis and thinking I wish I was like that like I did last year. I want to be the skinny person in a bikini!

Sound like a viral Infection Juy13 ..

That would explain the more widespread symptoms down the GI tract..

Sorry I'm in nurse mode there x

Hi Guys and all newbies :)Cant wait to hear everyones progress.

So I had my 3rd weigh in and i only lost 1.5lbs am so dissapointed and feel very dis heartened.I Immediately came out of there and wanted to drive to mac donalds LOL.

Now I know I had a good week but I do have my Period and the CDC said it was down to that but god did i feel so bad after the meeting...:(

In total in 3 weeks Ive lost 13.5 lbs so determind for next week nothing will hold me back.

Need a bust of Motivation Help me please :D

E x

Hi Guys and all newbies :)Cant wait to hear everyones progress.

So I had my 3rd weigh in and i only lost 1.5lbs am so dissapointed and feel very dis heartened.I Immediately came out of there and wanted to drive to mac donalds LOL.

Now I know I had a good week but I do have my Period and the CDC said it was down to that but god did i feel so bad after the meeting...:(

In total in 3 weeks Ive lost 13.5 lbs so determind for next week nothing will hold me back.

Need a bust of Motivation Help me please :D

E x
Think a stone a month , 1/2 pound more , you've hit it ! Good Job you never went to maccyDs , because you would of been feeling very very sorry for yourself . That's what I call willpower ! yes TOTM will make the scales higher mine can go up too 4 pound but settles back down . As long as you've done the diet 100% that's what you go by !

Ok , its day 4 for me today , feels long maybe because I've been thinking none stop dieting mode ? there a good lot of us here the more the merrier :) I have been looking at peoples posts seeing how far they come in 8 To 9 weeks and seeing they have lost 3 stone in t hat time , its just amazing zing zing lol .

EASIER huh , for some its a breeze , others hard , i really think it depends from person to person , write a list of why your doing the plan , read it over when you feel the diets too hard . also another thing todo if you want to eat something you should not , don't tell yourself you can't have it tell yourself you will have that in ten mins and by doing that the feeling won't be as strong .

Thank you for that :) in other words if I want it badly enough then I'll do it, have changed my attitude to 'just get on with it' and it's worked :) week one nearly over, first weigh in tomorrow but don't feel any different hopefully the scales will say otherwise!

Thank you for that :) in other words if I want it badly enough then I'll do it, have changed my attitude to 'just get on with it' and it's worked :) week one nearly over, first weigh in tomorrow but don't feel any different hopefully the scales will say otherwise!
As the weeks go on you will see your body changing and think YEAH .... i'm glad I stuck with it come all the pain . one moment your doing great next you have totally different thinking , its very worrying when that happens , but to do something Quick so you don't carry out the thought your thinking . Sure your going to do well !

Welcome all new comers Brocher , Day for for me too , how you doing ?
July12, Sometimes it takes alot to think i've had enough now i want todo the diet , for me is seeing myself in full lengh mirror .
Afrohappban , first day as july said baths , just relax , think of things to keep you busy . make sure you do the water !

Hi, I'm doing great which is so shocking to me as I always struggle whatever diet I'm on but this time it's seems to have jut clicked with me, I even made lasagne yesterday for my partner an daughter And wasn't tempted to even taste it, jut hope it continues, how you coping? X

Hello I wandering if I could join? I am current 24st and a size 26. I really want to be a size 14-16. I had some ss from when I tried it before so decided to try it again for 2 weeks. I'm having 2 shakes a day 3ltrs water and I tinned soup or a mug shot for dinner. I'm currently on day 2 and sooooo hungry. Any ideas on how to keep myself motivated as I feel like I have too much to lose :-( xx

Hi I don't think your having enough to eat, i was 18st 12 3/4lb on my first meeting and was advised to have either ss plus stage: 3 shakes and a small protein based meal along with 200ml skimmed milk or go on the red 1 which is 4 shakes a day and a pint of skimmed milk, had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I've lost 9lb and on day 5.
I don't think I'd have got through the hunger stages only having two shakes and a small meal
X

Back