Step 1 Sole Source Day one Cambridge diet-12 week challenge starting today whos with me?

Emz33,

My CWPC told me that when it is * week some people can put on as much as 7lb even if they followed the diet to the letter. It all comes off the following week and isn't fat, just fluid. She said to have any loss on * week was really good. So well done on the loss x

Congratulations Kinjeet1, fantastic loss :)

I cheated :( I had 1 bite of a twix bar :( feel so guilty, it was not worth it I'm raging :/ will NOT be doing that again.. Does this mean I have to start Ketosis again? Lol.. I can do this I know I can! It's all about willpower X
Thanks for the words of inspiration X

The first few days your body has to get adjust to your new routine, this includes surviving on less calories and withdrawals from any processed foods, sugary foods and high fat foods. The first few days is really like a big detox, as your body goes without all the junk food that it is used to getting every day.
As well as the physical withdrawal symptoms you might also find that you go through an emotional detox too, as so many people do have such an emotional attachment to food, it can be difficult for some people to get through the day without turning to food for comfort.
It does take determination and focus to get through this initial stage and after a few days to gets much easier as your body will go into a natural fat burning state called ketosis.
Ketosis occurs when your body uses up all its glycogen, and switches it’s fuel source to your body fat. When your energy supply is tapped into burning your body fat, this results in rapid weight loss, without hunger, and an increase in energy.
The state of ketosis is THE GOAL when you are following a VLCD Total Food Replacement diet plan. It normally takes 3-5 days to achieve ketosis

If you eat too many carbohydrates on a low-carb diet, you can potentially leave a ketosis state and stop your weight loss progress. The exact maximum allowable carbs varies from diet to diet, and between different stages within the diet. However, since sugar is a carbohydrate, eating sugar is a good way to sabotage your weight loss efforts.
There are many different kinds of sugar, found in fruits, breads, sweets and many processed foods.

Sugar digests quickly and is consumed quickly for energy, creating the familiar pattern of sugar rush and sugar crash. If you haven't eaten carbohydrates for a while, these extremes may be more pronounced than usual -- leaving you feeling poorly as the sugar rush wears off. That crash can also cause sugar cravings, leading you to eat even more carbohydrates and doing worse damage to your low-carb diet.

think if you know what happens it makes you think more

I am with you. Yet another restart for me too, but if I don't get on it NOW, I will look like a whale for my holiday. This time there is no 'tweaking' and no 'planned breaks', I need to do this. It also gets embarrassing when I go for a weigh in the same weight or higher than previously.

Good luck.

Thanks choke I had failed and pigged out so not feeling the best but reading these comments helped I joined a gym for swimming Saturday I'm gonna restart hopefully I can be more success ful x

Hello!!! My 1st day too , but this is my 2nd attempt, hope I don't struggle too much !!! Roll on day 3 when ketosis kicks in!!!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How are you doing ? I need help I fell off big time I keep getting day ones but deep down I know I can do this

Hi,

Day three for me today. Yesterday I was constantly hungry and it was hard going but stuck with it. Had a long bath and went to bed early. Today feeling much better and keeping the water intake up. I'd love to join your 12 week challenge. Hopefully we can all support each other onwards and downwards :)

How re u doing , me not good I'm gonna restart Saturday any tips ?

Hello! Can I join you too - day 1 for me and I also have 10 stone to lose - scary writing that down! Just got my husband to take some photos of me - he nearly fell over - I don't think I have ever volunteered to have photos taken - and now I know why - I am horrified at what I look like. I'm kind of pinning all my hopes on this. Will 12 weeks really make a difference? (i know I'll have to do it for a lot longer than that).

Hello Bessie I, so glad you on here I failed big time and its just took till now to get going , how u doing?

Hello-ee! :wavey:

It might be a day or two before I can join you on here as I'm in the throes of a throat infection but I will join you as soon as I can!

12 weeks will make one hell of a difference - most of us can lose 3 stones in that time and when you have a little extra to lose it can be nearer 4 stones.

Actually quite looking forward to getting back on the wagon - hopefully won't be long now. :)

Hello lily how u getting on ?

just having breakfast its awful maple brown sugar porridge on my vlcd , thinking back a few years ago i brought this in normal porridge its just horrid its the white packet , the silver is ok . Anyone every have something on VLCD that they could not stomach ?

when i was on exante most stuff was nice , didn't like the choc but cheapest way is to buy bumper boxes , but looking at another site Exante was the higest in carbs at 19 lowest was dietshank at 12 ..... but you do get more in exante packs . whats peoples best and worst ?

Day 6 weigh in ano 12lb off. 2" off thighs and 1" off arms and 1/2 of boobs

Back