Day one - Help!!!!

Hi everyone. This is my first LT 100% day and as you will notice it's going to be a very long journey!! The only way I will get anywhere at all is if I tell myself 'just one day at a time' and 'I am going to come off it over Christmas'.

So far today I have had a vanilla shake made up with hot water and coffee (had to drink it in one go to get it down), chicken soup (which at the time wasn't so bad with curry powder and pepper added but it is repeating on me now!) and approximately one and a half litres of water (finding the water intake tough).

I know it shouldn't be that difficult but for me it is! I cooked the kids lunch and am about to start cooking their dinner - help!!

I have started this diary as I think it will help me to put it all down on paper so to speak and also I am hoping that all your wonderful successes and encouragement will keep me going - one day at a time!!

Thank you.

Its not easy but bloody hell it worth it!!

How much do you have to lose??

What day do you weigh??

Get involved on this site hun.... its the perfect distraction!!! x

Thanks Deezer

Hi Deezer. Thanks for replying. I have half my body weight to loose which is approximately 10 stone!!!!

Scary I know but one day at a time. Sooo missing my beloved food today. I am not hungry, I just miss eating - this is why I am twice the weight I should be!!!

Welcome, one day at a time, that's all you can do. The very best of luck to you and I look forward to sharing your journey. P xx

Hi Deezer. Thanks for replying. I have half my body weight to loose which is approximately 10 stone!!!!

Scary I know but one day at a time. Sooo missing my beloved food today. I am not hungry, I just miss eating - this is why I am twice the weight I should be!!!
If i get down to what my BMI says i should be then i will have the same to lose.... but i'll be happy at a size 12 so we'll see!!!

It is obtainable on this diet hun!!! The results will soon start to show you that!! Hang on in there!!! x

Hey there, you have made the biggest step in starting and although its not easy the results are amazing. I know id rather do this at 100% where the rules are simple and the results motivating than something like ww or sw where its complicated and such a long drag :)
you will be fine hun just stay positive xx

Yes Dee I too think my 'ideal BMI' would make me a little too light! I think the last time I had a BMI like that I was about 10 years old!!!!lol.

Thank you Peach Pip. Your weight loss so far has been incredible. Well done!!!!

Hi like you I have half my body weight to loose but with this diet you loose it so quickly it keeps you motivated. The first week is difficult because you don't have the weight loss to celebrate yet. But think about your first weigh in and how happy you will feel when you have lost weight. I lost 14lbs in the first week and I have also got so much energy now. It must be really tough having to prepare meals for the family. I keep my favourite shake for my evening meal because it gives me something to look forward to. Good luck with this week and let us know how you get on.

Thanks HockeyNut for your encouragement. I have just been sick trying to drink the chocolate shake!!! I made it up in hot water. Perhaps I should have made it up as cold drink. Any advice? Also that means (that unless I can drink it when it cools) I will have only took two shakes today. I am sure this will cause problems!

I think cold shakes are nicer.... a sweetner or two in them and lots of ice!!! Except the vanilla which i make up and use as coffee whitener in the mornings!! : ) x

Hiya and welcome it-aint-easy :) ...this site is fab for support and if your feeling like your struggling come on here and post and someone will reply and keep you going ;)

I have half my body weight to lose and only started 3 weeks ago and am now 20lbs lighter already :D so it does work. Drink plenty of water throughout the day that really does help. Also chocolate shakes with about 6-8 ice cubes makes a lovely slush ;) and is what I'm living on for my 3 shakes a day ;) x x x Good luck x x x

Hi hun, I`ve got the same to lose in total and cannot imagine me being so tiny at the recommended BMI lol.... But like Dee think i`ll decide when i`m nearer. Listen to the good advice above ^^ cos they are experts now, belive us this diet shows you such fantastic results its all sooo worth and think like the advert on Tele for L`Oreal Hair "Because I`m worth it!"...... cos you are!! Be strong and drink loads.... XX L XX

Hi

I am the same! i can only take one day at a time! im on day 9 and last week was sooooo hard. day 5 i tho i was going to die!! i have done this diet once before n lasted 12 days. that time i was ok with the shakes but missed food. .... This time its other way round. im hating them n can only have choc one with coffee in n hot n sweetner. its horrible :-(
i struggle with water too!

BUT... think of the weight loss. its 3 drinks thats all, in 24hrs n be so worth it. Check the photos on here, also all the things at bottom people pages saying what they loose each week. THIS is keeping me on track! im so hoping to last to Xmas!?

GOOD LUCK!! :)

Hi everyone. This is my first LT 100% day and as you will notice it's going to be a very long journey!! The only way I will get anywhere at all is if I tell myself 'just one day at a time' and 'I am going to come off it over Christmas'.

So far today I have had a vanilla shake made up with hot water and coffee (had to drink it in one go to get it down), chicken soup (which at the time wasn't so bad with curry powder and pepper added but it is repeating on me now!) and approximately one and a half litres of water (finding the water intake tough).

I know it shouldn't be that difficult but for me it is! I cooked the kids lunch and am about to start cooking their dinner - help!!

I have started this diary as I think it will help me to put it all down on paper so to speak and also I am hoping that all your wonderful successes and encouragement will keep me going - one day at a time!!

Thank you.

Hiya!!

This is my 3rd day on LT, I've lost almost 3lbs already!
I've felt pooey though, I've had a continuous headache, nausea and weakness... Feeling a bit better though after finding out I've lost a wee bit of weight already.
I joined the site today, looking forward to chatting to peeps and keeping my mind off food!! Congrats on starting LT xx

Keep going honey its SO worth the hard work :) and your doing well sticking to it so far :) keep up the good work x x x

Hows it going honey?? x x x

Hello lovely

Its not easy but the results are amazing hun!!!!!! The only way in my oppinion is to take it one day at a time. You are not on your own re the water intake but it not only helps keep you hydrated it stops you feeling hungry.

Try to make sure you put some water in the fridge as it not only makes the shakes more palatable but makes the water intake a little easier.

With regard to the shakes i take the breakfast one as normal, but my teatime one i save for about 8pm when i usually get the munchies and mix it with less water, mixing it to a moose consistently and it really is ok. If you do take it a a moose, ensure you drink extra water.

I think the first couple of weeks is the worse from what i have read here. I had my first weigh in yesterday and nearly fell off the scales when the lady who weighs me at the chemist said i had lost 15ib ...i have never lost that amount of weight in a month never mind 15lb... so keep at it chick because you will be so proud of yourself next week and start enjoying the reslys soon. love jen :)x

Thank you.

Back