Day one... No turning back :)

Rae

Hello all! I'm about to embark on my first ever relationship with exante... Waiting for the DPD man to come... Says he due around 2 so will manage to fit two products in. Just had a low cal low carb breakky so hopefully I can still count today as D-day.. Or E-day!! :) ok some official stats..

Height: 5'10.5
Weight: 177.8lbs
Bmi: 25.4
Waist: 30.5in

Ive ordered the 28 day bumper back so I plan to see how much I can lose in 28 days and then have a break for a wee while closely monitoring things and then have the odd TS week to control. I would like to be 10'13 for my height is a lovely weight to be. So 1 stone 10 lbs to lose... I do have a goal of 23rd November as I have a ball to attend and an incredible size 10 gown with my name on it... However I hate setting goals as know it's impossible to lose 1 stone 10lbs in 6 weeks lol but if I'm anywhere close to it I will be ecstatic.

I'll be checking in lots throughout the days as I like company to keep me from finishing off my 20 month olds spaghetti and toast etc lol. So tempting but the reward outweighs the 30 seconds of pleasure. Gotta keep telling myself that. Anyway I'll check in later once I've tried my first shake or meal or bar or soup who knos yet what illk pick lol, any recommendations?

I'm also interested in what people suggest is the best alternative to powdered sweetener, I need my cups of sweetened decaf coffee in the day to keep my sweet tooth happy but know it will completely kick me out of keto n make the whole process pointless and a waste of time,so what are people finding most effective and not affecting the loss? I'll probably just cut it out but a bit of pleasure would be nice...

Anyway, toodles, hope everyone has a happy successful diet day!

Hiya, welcome to Exante, If you have never used a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) before then there are a few things you should be ready for:
1. You will get a headache after 2-3 days, this is normal as your body will crave sugar,carbs and caffiene if you have coffee, just take a painkiller such as Aspirin.Paracetamol or similar if you have to. It will pass after 5-7 days.
2. You really need to drink plenty of water. I start the day with 2 pints as I work outside and struggle to get a drink sometimes then I drink half a pint every time I use the WC to keep my water intake high. I use my saying, Every time I have a wee, I lose a little bit of me! Works for me.
3. You will feel hungry until you go into Ketosis then it will pass. Cheating will stop this happening so hang in and after the first week you will be able to be around food and not even think about eating...hang on!
4. You may feel colder in your hands and feet, this is normal so cosy socks and gloves if needed.
5. You will lose weight, it works for everyone given the chance so keep at it and chin up, the compliments will soon be on there way.
GOOD LUCK, hope you do well, regards Drawboy69.:D

Reactions: Rae
Thankyou so much those tips were great!! Rep power to you sir!

Just had had my first exante meal and plumped for the apple and cinnamon porridge and it was divine!!! So so much too!! That was a big portion. Very satisfied. Think ill plop for shepherds pie this evening! Xxx

Ok so I've had apple and cinnamon porridge for lunch and spag Bol for dinner.. Had 4 pints of water so far and I'm feeling great, the spag Bol was really lovely, not used to having even any carbs so was lovely to feel the texture of the pasta xxx

Hey, welcome to Exante! And well done on your first day, you seem very positive and motivated. I do have a sweet tooth myself and I must admit to adding sweeteners to my shakes. And I do drink coffee with sweetener too. Tablet sweeteners are okay, but I personally use Stevia powder. I know they say don't use powders but I have not seen it to make any difference at all. So it's good to stick with the recommendations but at the end of the day that is exactly what they are.
So if you need your sweetened coffee, maybe give it a go and see if it makes any difference to your cravings and/or weight loss. Good luck :)

Good evening fellow exanters! It's going really well, have stuck to TS 100 percent not even had a cup of tea in 5 days!!!

Had a sneaky peak at the scales yesterday and was 5lb down 4 days in so I've beaten anything I was aiming for already in first week.

Really feel in the zone now!

Xxxx

Ok quick update.

This week has been hard yet brilliant at the same time. I'm in that zone now and a complete routine of breakfast at 10 lunch at 2 and dinner at 6. I'm loving it.

And stepped on the scales this morning to see 170.6.... That's an 8lb loss in my first week ever on exante. I am thrilled. Next week I'm excited for even more now it's working I just hope
It goes super fast so I can see the 11s!!! 3lb is totally doable fingers crossed I get to see it!!!

I have the in laws arriving tonight until Monday and have to have dinner out Saturday night and they're all getting a takeaway tonight and I have to cook a roast on Sunday for them but I'm so determined that I will not step a foot out of the exante zone!!!

Bring on week two!!!!

Hey all...I'm new too- just ordered a months mixed pack today...hopefully being delivered tomorrow! I did LL 5 years ago and lost 5 stone - I've since put it all back on and more... :(. I blame post baby weight..however my daughter is coming up for 3 :cry:. So miserable and have been binge eating for months...def time to take back control! Hoping to get in the zone quickly and speed through the tricky first week...but it will all be worth it I know! Determined and will be good to have some fellow exante dieters for support in here! Here's to Slimville!! :)

Well done on your loss Rae. You're so positive you'll do fantastically well, and the time will fly - one week over already. You're convincing me to try again for that last stone...;0)

Ok week two weigh in and 4 lb gone!!! Over the moon. 12lb in 2 weeks and only a stone left till I'm at goal. Can't believe how easy this is!! Xxx

Hey all...I'm new too- just ordered a months mixed pack today...hopefully being delivered tomorrow! I did LL 5 years ago and lost 5 stone - I've since put it all back on and more... :(. I blame post baby weight..however my daughter is coming up for 3 :cry:. So miserable and have been binge eating for months...def time to take back control! Hoping to get in the zone quickly and speed through the tricky first week...but it will all be worth it I know! Determined and will be good to have some fellow exante dieters for support in here! Here's to Slimville!! :)

You can do it trust me!!! It's so hard with a little one especially not to start finishing their spaghetti and crumpets and toast and all those yummy bits!!!! You will definitely succeed trust me!!! Just get In that zone xxxxx

Hey everyone Today is my second day! It's seeming to be pretty easy when I'm at home but when I'm at work, it's soo much harder to resist eating! Anyone have any tips?xx

Back