Day one of?

Well its good that you are learning about portion control. I think a lot of us on here struggle with that, or at least did before this diet, and thats how we got to the sizes we are.
I for one really need to learn that, but to be honest at the moment, I am still to scared to eat incase I never stop!!
I agree - that's going to be my biggest challenge, I know I'm a yo-yo-er, and getting a mindset that this is for life is really really hard. I do feel food is an addiction for me.
Bought a cadbury's dairy milk Easter egg today for my parents who are coming up early. Not eating it is such a challenge. i know I can't buy any eggs until the day before because my will power is so poor I'd probably eat them. Have had a real problem with Christmas selection boxes in the past!:eatdrink023:

Having a good day today,100% so far, but feeling very sleepy.:snoopyhouse:

Hello my froggy twin :D

I have finally discovered the diary section after a stumbling off the wagon on Friday. Well done on the weight loss. Your frog should technically be beating mine but I am refusing to add the 1 3/4 lbs the scales said I had gained from my indiscretion with a cheese sandwich etc. last week.
Are you in your 5th or 6th week now? Today is day 1 of week 6 for me.
Also if you love choc and bars you really should get yourself some biggest loser bars the choc crunch ones are really tasty and I got them for £1.50 each in ASDA they are so nice!!! and you can just buy as many as you want without getting stuck with extra choc shakes (my absolute fav by the way!! How odd is that?!)
Well done on your losses, so glad it is going well for you, I will have to give my frog a kick up the butt to catch yours ;)

My bars arrived today, thank goodness, I really need something solid! How do you like the tomato soups Carly? Cos I can't stand them. I'm going to have to gather up all my tom soups and choc shakes and send them off to someone who does! It's my 5 week weigh in tomorrow so you're a day ahead of me. I'm really hoping I've lost the 2lb that will take me under 15 stone. I haven't been 100% and did eat a roast potato and a dumpling (and very yummy they were too) but compared to what I used to eat I've been a saint! I'm really bad at drinking lots of water though :-( The biggest loser bars sound nice, but would I have the willpower to stop at one I wonder?

Let's see if my frog can catch up with yours by the morning...

Well done chick for getting back on plan and sounds like your little trip away from TS wasn't that bad anyway! Well done on keeping control- I know I wouldn't have been able to xx

Weigh in today and I've only lost 3lb :(

The good news is I now weigh 14 stone something - haven't been that for a while.

BUT I used to lose more that that when I was doing Atkins and at least I got to eat then, in fact I ate loads. I admit I wasn't 100% this week, but those 'cheats' in total consisted of some cheese, a dumpling with a little bit of stew and a roast potato. I was really low on calories each day.

AND my parents are coming to stay this weekend so I'll have to serve up normal food and join in. I can have smaller portions but if i don't eat with them I will get tut-tutting. I'm going to see what recipes I can use that are maintenancy where they won't feel i've put them on a diet. My dad in particular expects meals to consist of a great deal of stodge.

AND we've got Easter coming up so I'll have to be so careful about what I eat.:17729: (that's supposed to be me eating a chocolate bunny)

AND I'll be really sad if I go back into the 15 stone again and after this weekend I can really see that happening :break_diet:

So i'm going to have to be positive cos i've got some nice goals on the horizon:
-5lb and I'm on 14 and a half stone
-6lb and I'll have lost 2 stone
-8lb and I'll have lost a third of what I want to
so eyes on the prize Rebecca :winner:

Really like this, from a link that Notsoskinnymarge posted:

When reaching for unplanned food. Think H.A.L.T are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired? If hungry then try to eat something that will satisfy your hunger healthily. If any of the others then take appropriate action but remember

"if hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution".

Raise your awareness of when and what you eat keep these phrases where you will see them, diary, fridge or write them on a rubber band and wear them on your wrist.

well done on the loss today - 3 pounds is great, no matter what you think!!! I think it is great, therefore it is! LOL ;)

Plan the meals for the visit - I served up the tuna steak recipe from the website but substituted salmon for the tuna (much cheaper and was on offer at the store!) but did roasted new pots in rosemary and sea salt for everyone else as well to bulk up their plates and everyone thought it was great and I never even told them it was a diet meal!!!

If you haven't gathered from my own diary, I was a HUGE fan of the chicken salad one as well - just serve everyone else up with some nice garlic/rosemary bread or pots again to bulk up the stodge angle for everyone else.

This way, you can stay on plan, have a couple of healthy AAM's and stay in calorie limit - no one should feel left out as stodge is easily added by way of pots and bread which you can just avoid!

Don't think anyone actually noticed I didn't have any pots on my own plate to be honest!

Hope this help a bit anyway! Easier said than done though - I should really lead by my own example sometimes......;):D;)

well done 3lbs is a fab result chick..

All we can do when family or visitors come to visit is make healthy choices and sometimes they are difficult .. just look how far u have come if u gain a pound or two that will be off in no time.. enjoy yourself and stay positive hun.. we are visiting family over the weekend which means no shakes for me so hoping to make healthy choices something which our families rarely do lol.. its a difficult one but dont let it bring u down.. hugs :) x

Plan the meals for the visit - I served up the tuna steak recipe from the website but substituted salmon for the tuna (much cheaper and was on offer at the store!) but did roasted new pots in rosemary and sea salt for everyone else as well to bulk up their plates and everyone thought it was great and I never even told them it was a diet meal!!!
If you haven't gathered from my own diary, I was a HUGE fan of the chicken salad one as well - just serve everyone else up with some nice garlic/rosemary bread or pots again to bulk up the stodge angle for everyone else.
Thanks very much - I'll give those two a go! When I atkin'd before we lived on Coronation Chicken but it was nice :)

My bars arrived today, thank goodness, I really need something solid! How do you like the tomato soups Carly? Cos I can't stand them. I'm going to have to gather up all my tom soups and choc shakes and send them off to someone who does! It's my 5 week weigh in tomorrow so you're a day ahead of me. I'm really hoping I've lost the 2lb that will take me under 15 stone. I haven't been 100% and did eat a roast potato and a dumpling (and very yummy they were too) but compared to what I used to eat I've been a saint! I'm really bad at drinking lots of water though :-( The biggest loser bars sound nice, but would I have the willpower to stop at one I wonder?

Let's see if my frog can catch up with yours by the morning...

Oh no the tomato soup actually made me throw up, I tried it a few times each with the same problem, I just packaged up all the ones I couldn't stand and put them on a popular auction site, now I just get shakes and just drink the strawberry as quickly as possible whilst holding my nose :)

Yes i really do want to eat many BL bars this is a problem :)

Weigh in today and I've only lost 3lb :(

The good news is I now weigh 14 stone something - haven't been that for a while.

3lbs is great well on the way to 14lbs per month which is great :) and you are in the 14s!!!! That must feel great, breaking through those barriers is always great :D

I'm 5 1/2 weeks in with 1 evening where I cheated and your frog is now whooping my butt!!! My scales have frozen :S

AND we've got Easter coming up so I'll have to be so careful about what I eat.:17729: (that's supposed to be me eating a chocolate bunny)

AND I'll be really sad if I go back into the 15 stone again and after this weekend I can really see that happening :break_diet:

So i'm going to have to be positive cos i've got some nice goals on the horizon:
-5lb and I'm on 14 and a half stone
-6lb and I'll have lost 2 stone
-8lb and I'll have lost a third of what I want to
so eyes on the prize Rebecca :winner:

Oh hun I really hope this weekend isn't too hard for you, I'm having Monday off for OHs birthday so I will be up up up again!! We'll get back on it next week frog buddy ;) We'll be there soon enough :)
If you are going to come off diet at least enjoy it otherwise you might as well just drunk shakes! ;)

Thanks very much - I'll give those two a go! When I atkin'd before we lived on Coronation Chicken but it was nice :)

Mmmmmmmmmmm Love coronation chicken *dribble*

What a really encouraging lot you all are - it really does make a difference. Just off to make the children tea and already suffering from that internal battle that says it's just not fair that they get something nice and i just get a shake. Eyes on the prize, girl.

I let my frog down and now I feel really bad :-( My husband suggested a curry all round and I had some, Not a huge portion but i'm really regretting it and didn't even enjoy it that much. I can see why people end up dropping off this list because you feel really guilty. Silly, silly, silly girl :-(

What's done is done, please don't beat yourself up or feel so guilty that you drop off the list!!!!!

Main thing is you get straight back on - we're all human and these things happen. It's just a blip, not the end of the world

Look how far you've come - you're a quarter of the way there - how fab is that, Missus? Yay you!

xxxx

Yup... straight back on it mygoodnessme.
It has to be done.
And you have already lost 22 pounds since the 9th March....
That IS a good weight loss in that time, in anybodys book :D
Keep going, and you will get there
Marge
:)

Don't feel bad about it - it was only a wee bit of curry, nothing to get upset over. Draw a line, get back on the wagon and don't look back! The froggie will no doubt be hopping come the end of the week!:p

Ok, good start today. Stay strong frog. Have to hit Sainsbury's to feed visitors and am going to go for sammeh's recommendation of chicken salad and also the tuna/salmon steak recipes. Do you know something really strange? when I chew my teeth hurt. I noticed it yesterday and this morning when I was eating my bar. Hadn't really had anything solid for a while as I'd run out of bars - I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Well I really enjoyed my "planned break"! Had the sesame chicken on Saturday and will definitely have that again. Yesterday was a sunday roast out - very yummy. Shouldn't have had the potatoes but ho-hum. Shouldn't really have had the Cadburys cream egg either :) But I didn't binge and today I've been 100% again. I'm really pleased with myself because I'm beginning to feel i can fit this diet into my life and that I needn't pile it all back on again the minute I stop. I know I won't have lost any weight this week, but equally I shouldn't have put too much on.

Very, very encouragingly my neighbour asked me this morning if i'd lost weight because my face looked slimmer :)

It sounds like it's really coming together for you, that's brilliant. It's great hearing you've got it balanced with life too. Wonderful that your neighbour has noticed, such a boost :)
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Back