DAY ONE : Questions, please please help !!!

Catwoman

Hello, I have some questions please for you experienced LL'ers :

I am drinking the water OK (2litres so far) but don't like the packs (and one really didn't like me) - I have had really bad 'upset tummy' since about midday, is this normal ? Will I become accustomed (sp?) to the taste of the packs ? How long does it take (in days) to get past the first feeling hungry / off colour phase ? Does it really get better ?????? So sorry to moan and am trying to be positive but would like to hear how other people have got on please. Also how is the best way to make the soups up ? I am grateful for any responses, thank you. Victoria. :eek: !!!!

Hello, I have some questions please for you experienced LL'ers :

I am drinking the water OK (2litres so far) but don't like the packs (and one really didn't like me) - I have had really bad 'upset tummy' since about midday, is this normal ? Will I become accustomed (sp?) to the taste of the packs ? How long does it take (in days) to get past the first feeling hungry / off colour phase ? Does it really get better ?????? So sorry to moan and am trying to be positive but would like to hear how other people have got on please. Also how is the best way to make the soups up ? I am grateful for any responses, thank you. Victoria. :eek: !!!!

Hey Victoria... others will be by to fill in the gaps but just to let you know that it normally takes bout 3 or 4 days to get totally on board and into Ketosis and then you will be flying...

i'm a cd girl so don't know about the flavours of LL but there are loads of LL'ers here so i'm sure they will give ya advice!!!

Keep going tho the results are truly amazing!!!

How much you want to lose??

Love

Gen xxx

Hey Victoria,
I did cambridge diet not LL but i believe side effects are the same .

I suffered with very bad stomach for about 3-5 days they went straight thru me but i did become accustomed to them and it was worth it i lost 13lbs the first week !

As for the hunger and crap feeling that lasted about 3 days and if you can hold out until you reach ketosis you will be so glad you did its a great feeling no hunger and boundless energy ! i promise

Try not to drink your water all in 1 go as that can sometimes upset the stomach space it out a bit stick with it hunny you wont regret it !

Take care be strong love julie xxx

Thank you ! I am starting at 12 stone 8 and would be more than happy with losing between 3 and 4 stone, I am 5ft 4. Today I would be more than happy to not be best friends with the loo !!! Could you tell me where I go to get a sliding scale weight thingy please ? BTW, my hubby is in Dublin at the moment, theres a coincidence. Thank you for replying, I feel very alone today.x.

And thank you Julie / Kandy too. I am glad to hear it's not just me, I was (am) really worried that it won't agree with me and I will have to stop and that just isn't an option. Luckily we do have 3 loos LOL !!!! How much did you lose ? x.

Hey Victoria ,

Sorry cant help with the sliding scale thingy,but you dont have to feel alone there are loads of people here just yell !

I restart tomorrow and i am dreading the toilet aerobics lol !
If you get bored have a good look round the site there are loads of success stories with piccies and things to laugh at if not try the arcade it can become very addictive !

Take care julie xxx

Thank you ! I am starting at 12 stone 8 and would be more than happy with losing between 3 and 4 stone, I am 5ft 4. Today I would be more than happy to not be best friends with the loo !!! Could you tell me where I go to get a sliding scale weight thingy please ? BTW, my hubby is in Dublin at the moment, theres a coincidence. Thank you for replying, I feel very alone today.x.

the tracker ya mean???? thing at the end of my post??? its on Graphical Event Ticker for your Signature, Message Boards, Blogs and Web Page... if ur stuck just put up a thread and someone will give ya a hand!!!

ya want me to hunt ur hubby down and send him home :eek: :eek: :eek:

just try to take each minute as it comes... don't sit around dwelling on what you can't have... think about what you will have when you start losing the weight and that is more self confidence and self esteem.... not its off to take a spoon of my own medicine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

love

Gen xxx

i have ice cold raspberry shake ...........the hot chicken soup .....and that s all since nov .............you do get get used to the powdery taste ...........x

Hiya ,
crossed posts , i lost 3 stone in 2 and a half months then i stopped and didnt do the maintenece and regained it all totally my own fault so my advice would be Do the maintenence it really prepares your mind and body to healthy eating i could kick myself now but its a lesson learned ! x

Thank you 'must do it', just two flavours for all that time ? I am impressed, I think I shall try all the different flavours until I get a good balance. Hopefully. BTW Julie, hubby is coming home tomorrow anyway, he's on a jolly looking at buying a fire truck. If for some reason he doesn't leave when he should I will let you know !!!!:)

:wave_cry: Hiya catwoman and welcome to LL!

There is a posting somewhere on here with loads of different recipes that you can do with LL packs. Examples are Muffins (yes Muffins!), crisps, mousse etc. You may suit you to eat the packs rather than drink them. If you hang in there until your second week you may find that you prefer the bars, although I think it may be better to have just 1 bar a day. Speak to your counsellor.

The first 3-4 days are definately the worst so just hang in there and you will start to feel better and stronger.

Good luck!

Hey Catwoman. I have just come online and seen your post. How you doin hun?

Try adding some tobasco to the soups, it takes away the powdery after taste, it's also good to drink some water before, during and after. Have you got a blender, this is the only way I find the soups bearable (no lumps)

If you have choc, try making that with hot peppermint tea, lovely and try adding a spoonful of coffee to the caramel, you can have that cold with ice or hot, i love it now.

I stopped feeling hungry after the 2nd day but felt awful until the 8th day, since then there has been no looking back for me.

Stick with it, and keep drinking the water. Just wait until your first pop in, that will be all the motivation you need. I lost 6llbs in the first 2 days!!! When is your first pop in?

Feel free to PM me, if I don't answer I am not online it's not that I am ignoring you.

Take care honey and good luck xx

Hello again, I am not a happy bunny. :( We had our pop in today (day 4) and I have only lost 1.7 pounds !! Everyone else ranged from 4 - 8 pounds lost and I have stuck to it to the letter. I am crushed. It's bad enough the first week without a tiny loss. Wise uplifting words from anyone would be greatly appreciated. :tear_drop: :cry:

Oh Catwoman not what you needed. It is so motivational to get huge losses but so much can affect you weight on the day don't be down heartened. I'm sure next weeks weigh in will more than make up for it.

From just observing peoples experiences on Minimins I have noticed several people seem to have a low loss on the first week but then are thrilled with the second week loss. So hang in there you will only be disappointed if you give up. Thats a promise!

Dizzy x

oh yeah, don't give up!

My own losses are a bit weird regularly but it works out in the end!

I'd say give it at least a month before you give up, as you will see your average by then and will be able to make an educated decision. If you give up now you will always be wondering if maybe it would have worked if you stuck it out a bit longer... This diet really does work its just a bit quirky!

Hang in there, the worst is already over!

Mags
xxx

Catwoman, I can really sympathise. At the moment I only like the chocolate shakes - and they have to be hot!

I do remember that the flavours took some getting used to, but eventually I got to almost like some of them. I never really like the sweet ones though. The water is important and I know that it is difficult to drink the required amount at first, especially if you are not used to it.

I found that stopping drinking coffee and tea (which you can't have with milk anyway) meant that I had more time to drink the water. Tea and coffee does not count towards the 4 litre allowance.

Once ketosis kicks in, the feelings of being hungry begin to abate and that's great. It really takes the pressure off.

Thank you SO much. I am not giving up - whatever - because it is (a) expensive and (b) I am sure that my body will catch up eventually. I am not normally as positive and focused but have surprised myself with my determination. I know I am doing this 100% : 4 litres of water (at least) every day and 4 packs so cannot understand why it isn't coming off. :confused: One lady said yesterday it could be because I don't have as much to lose (3 stone loss would take me to 9 stone 8 pounds) and I also have my period due so am hoping that could also be a reason. Other people in my group have not been doing it properly and still have losses between 4 and 8 pounds. It just seems really unfair. I will try to remain positive and hope on Wednesday (day 7 weigh in) it has changed.x. :sigh:

Hey catwoman, you are doing great!! I only lost 4.5 lbs in 10 days before my TOTM. Look what I have just written, ONLY 4.5 llbs, am I mad, Would not have lost that on any other diet:confused: :confused:

You will catch up with the group. my total loss when I get to target will be 3 stone 3.5 lbs, the least in my group so I am guessing that my loss wont be as big as theirs everyweek also, but a loss is a loss as they say. Mathmatically we have to lose 3lbs a week on average, we can't fail. Try and take a look at the loss by month rather than week as we can fluctuate significantly from day to day.

You are so positive and 100% comitted so you will do this!!!

Much love honey and look forward to your weigh in!!!

Quote: "Other people in my group have not been doing it properly and still have losses between 4 and 8 pounds. It just seems really unfair."

Oh dear, Catwoman, I remember when that happened in my group. One particular person (I will call 'a') would confess all when we were chatting yet she still lost weight! Another (I will call 'b'), who stuck religiously to the programme, went through a sticky patch of only losing 1lb over a couple of weeks. It was frustrating, really. But the 'cheating' eventually caught up with 'a', and she dropped out. 'b' on the other hand, completed Development and looks fantastic!

Try not to compare yourself to other members of the group, your 'crooked thoughts' are waiting in the wings for a crack to appear in your resolve. Then they will not hesitate to take advantage of the situation - don't let them!

Back