Day One

Hi Will,

Just read all the posts on this thread and wanted to say hi. I'm another guy on here so your not alone. I finished uni in May and I am knew to this so we have some things in common.
Just had my first weigh in today and I lose 12 lbs, it makes last week seem worth it. For me the first few days were easy then about the 4th it really kicked in and I felt awful. You just have to push through it. Even now it feels a lot easier and I'm only about 6 days ahead of you, so it wont be long now till you feel okay. Also one thing, I'm sure your probably weighting for the tale tale signs of ketosis, I still haven't felt any of them and I am losing weight and not hungry so don't rely 100% on feeling it.

Just wanted to say hi.
Joe.

Ha Will I'm an electronic/software engineer i live IN the computer. I know what ya mean about the study it takes up a colossal amount of hours just sitting. In a few weeks time you'll be bouncing off the walls with energy its a good time to try out new things!

I'm in my mums today and she knows im on the diet so I can't eat. I have brought my shakes with me so will start afresh at lunchtime shake. I feel as if I have let myself down its so hard. Any tips?

2 sizes smaller,

do not be to hard on yourself, we are human and we all make mistakes. we must learn from these mistake.

what do you think made you break? how was you feeling before you did it?

if you are able to recognise the trigger you can avoid it.

exiguous,

noooo way, a chick computer geek. You are a very rarer one :D.
I have my last year at uni coming up for software engineering. it does pretty much take over your life.

I hope my energy levels do rise, because right now this morning. i feel sooo bad, really bad head ache, didnt sleep at all well again :cry:

Oh and good morning to all you other LT members :D

Will

I agree with Will, don't be too hard on yourself. Just take a little time today and have a few deep breaths its the panic part is the worst. You'll be up and running again today in no time. And we're here to talk to if you want to.
I'm not sure the not sleeping thing goes away for a while but you will need less sleep too. The headaches sound horrible I haven't had any since my second week luckily. Yeah theres not too many I was the only girl in my class. You really will feel better soon, just keep doing nice things that don't involve food. Oh and how is your water intake going? It's not surprising you'd have a headache from the withdrawals from the sugars and salts and additives in processed food (not saying you personally ate them anyway but most people have a certain amount). Hope you feel better today now.

Thanks Will and Siobhi

It's a long journey and I should give myself a clap on the back for doing so well so far. I'm on week 4. I think I just broke it because I had just got paid and felt like I deserved a treat. Talk about comfort eating. I realise now I comfort eat and eat when I'm bored. Roll on next week when i'm back to work. I'm of for 2 weeks at the moment and am starting to not know what to do with myself. I'm meeting a friend tomorrow and I said I will have a black tea with her she laughed 'are you for real ' she said. Normally it would be a glass of wine or a bottle. Thanks again for all your help I know I can do it if I put my mind to it .x

exiguous,

I glad to hear that the head aches will leave at some point:D.

I believe my intake of water is good, i can drink with some ease 4 to 8 pints of water a day, that is including my 2 shakes.

i seem to get moments when i feel great no head aches, no hunger pangs, but then it comes back lol. i suppose those feelings will slowly go away as time goes on.

Will

Yeah you'll think about it all less too. Try to keep to 3.5-4Ls water a day

Ohh thanks 2 sizes !!
Feeling pretty good now down another 4lbs today at weigh-in so in the 10 stones. Looking forward to doing some shopping with a bonus I got at work. Size 10 tops watch out :)
Thanks for making my day hon xx hope you've a great one

Thanks Siobhi

you are full of beans! Another great loss. Well I can't wait to get into a size 12 so that's it no more breaking it. I'm just delaying my weight loss, wasting money on this diet and much more. I have to pay £46 because im from northern ireland. Checked it out with another member on the forum and they said its something to do with exporting it. I mean its the UK but anyway.

Yeah its 68 euro a week for me, its pretty expensive. The only thing is that I stay away from shops in general cause I don't need to buy food so I don't spend extra money. Hope you feel better now

I agree with SS you are looking good and down to a size 10, as a guy i assume that is great :p

and you get a bonus from work, your in the zone lol.

you ladies are lucky i have to pay £48 a week for the male portions.

1 hour to go before my first shake, oh im trying the chicken soup today. yummmy.

whats everyones plans today?

Will

Work and gym and study dear. You?

hmmm, well im currently studying something. However i think my plan is just to get through the day.

im kind of dreading the weekend, i have to go help some mate with a computer related issue, i do not really want to go because im not sure if i have the will power ( no pun lol ) to go the day there

Will

Feeling better Siobhi

68 euro a week is dear I thought £46 was dear enough. Awh well youd spend it on a night out. And since im having none of those........

Yeah its been worth it.
I'd say your first weigh-in will turn the tide for you Will. You'll fly after that. Have you told your friends your doing this?

erm, no i have not.

For a long time i have been what is normally known as the fat friend.

I dont want to tell them because even though i am committed to LT nobody is perfect and there is a small chance of failure. so in short i don't want to be mocked or laughed at if it all goes wrong.

But because you asked that its made me thought of something else, how am i going to feel when im fit and healthy again? im very nervous about that

Will

oh and arent we all chatty today the 3 of us :D

Back