Day One!!!!

Linda81

Well i woke up this morning and made myself the Cd maple and pecan porridge,omg the smell made me wretch, i did persivere and taste it,and wretched. It was like bland baby food..so i made the chocolate shake,having struggled drinking this cold i warmed it up and found it went down easier, i am trying to drink water although this will be my downfall so i need to really try and remember as silly as this sounds. This is my first day on the Cambridge diet, having previous tried slimming world lasts september till january this year i lost three stone, which took me from 15 stone 5 to 12 stone 5..... After getting comfortable and complacent i have now gained and gone up to 14stone 12...so easily done,but now i can feel the gain and sluggish,constantly tired and dread the warm days!!!!! Hence the CD, i planon doing the sole souce and using the soups and shakes....ANY ADVICE is much appreciated!!!

Hi Linda! :welcome2:

Advice? Hmm... :D Steely determination to get through the first 3-4 days - get through those, it all suddenly gets a lot easier. Honest. :) Just aim to get through one day at a time and try not to start calculating how long you'll need to be on the diet - it's the road to madness, LOL. :D

Buy a decent electric handblender (600W) if you haven't already got one so that you can blend your shakes with ice - they taste a lot better that way!

Drink plenty of water - though there's no need to go nuts and drink very much more than 2.25 litres per day. It helps to dilute the ketosis bad breath thing and lets your body start flushing out fat. Just make sure you're close to a loo until your bladder gets used to it (which it will in a few days :))

The products will start to taste better after a day or two because your tastebuds change when you aren't eating other food, so you might find you can handle the porridge later in the week. Probably best not to have it again for a few days though!

It'll all feel so worth it when you step on the scales next week. Well done on taking the first step! :happy096:

Thanks lilly for the reply,great advice will try the hand blender with ice for sure. I am a massive comfort eater so i know evenings will be a drama so i think long baths and early to bed for the first few weeks may need to happen...its so difficult cooking for others while dieting,hoping the tummy rumbles and sugar cravings will pass in the next few days!!!! But i need to do this so need to stay strong and get on with it....how long ave u been on the cambridge diet? :)

Thanks lilly for the reply,great advice will try the hand blender with ice for sure. I am a massive comfort eater so i know evenings will be a drama so i think long baths and early to bed for the first few weeks may need to happen...its so difficult cooking for others while dieting,hoping the tummy rumbles and sugar cravings will pass in the next few days!!!! But i need to do this so need to stay strong and get on with it....how long ave u been on the cambridge diet? :)

I'm currently off it, LOL - but please don't let that put you off. The first time is usually by far the best, so make the most of it! When I first did Cambridge back in 2007 I lost 5 and a half stones in 5 months (then fell off the wagon and lost the plot and have been off and on Cambridge ever since. :rolleyes: It's a lot harder to keep to the diet a second time (third, fourth, fifth... ;)), though not impossible, which is why I say make the most of it and don't do what I did. :D

It is hard to cook for other people, but you'll get to the point where you're quite happy just smelling the food you're cooking - hard though that sounds to believe. :)

Wow what a weight loss in such a small period of time, i would love to lose the 2 stone 12 by 27th july which is my daughters4th bday party!! I read thatbu cant have chewing gum or mints,to help with bad breath,actually dreading this part of the diet as i work in school one to one with kids so i really do not want honky breath?? Does it get bad?? Xx

Hi Linda, im currently doing sw and do love it but ive been going for 10 wks and only lost 10 lb, so i have appointment with cdc tomorrow morning and am starting cd. I have tried it in past ( have tried every diet going lol) but at that time i wasnt 100% committed and gave up after 2 weeks but did manage to lose 15lb in those 2 weeks!!!
I want to lose 35lb stone before end July for my hols . Good luck to you and your journey x

Hi josiejo,

I did enjoy slimming world too but my issue is greed, i was very fucused on it and in all honesty only did green days and ate very little if i worked out the calorie content it was around 900cals per day i was taking in,also was going to the gym 3 days a week for an hour a time, i then started work,so couldnt really find time for the gym and the weight went back on!!! Finding the morning tough so far as all i seem to think about is food,just saw my 3 yr old eat a milky bar and was dying for a bite??drunk a litre of water so far and peed numerous time :) my daughter heard my tummy rumble and she said mummy your tmmy says ur hungry :(...but its got to get easier. Let me know how u get on with ur cd consultant.good luck hunni xxx

Hi Linda
My day one was yesterday - and I also wretched over the maple pecan porridge! but this morning I discovered the cappucino shake, mmmm. Going to swap all my porridges for that!
When is your weigh in? Mine is Friday. Just keeping that in mind as thinking I'll get through the next few days with gritted teeth, although my CDC said after that it gets easier (at least in terms of hunger).
L

Hi linda , hope its going well. Im too excited to sleep (plus know that im starting tomorrrow and that food is no longer going be in my life for a while so making most of it haha). Its hard with little ones isnt it, i have 4 year old twins plus 2 teenagers so i always have treats in the house for them. Will be doing my shopping online from tomorrow so im not tempted to buy things i like:):).
I will check back in tomorrow after the dreaded wi!!

Back