Day One

mrsMLyons

Hi All

I am new to this, and on day one. I am comfortable about what to eat, however, I have a really sweet chocolate tooth, and scared of what to eat when I am craving it. Any ideas ?

Reduced fat cocoa powder (available on the Dukan website or if u hunt around some health shops), mixed with quark and sweetener. Just be careful, you're only allowed a dessert spoon of this a day and if you find your weight stalls or goes up ditch it altogether.
Try focus on what u can have instead of what you can't, it's much easier that way. If u look on the recipe thread there are some great recipes, including one for toffee muffins.

locket said:
Reduced fat cocoa powder (available on the Dukan website or if u hunt around some health shops), mixed with quark and sweetener. Just be careful, you're only allowed a dessert spoon of this a day and if you find your weight stalls or goes up ditch it altogether.
Try focus on what u can have instead of what you can't, it's much easier that way. If u look on the recipe thread there are some great recipes, including one for toffee muffins.

When I say you're only allowed a dessert spoon a day I meant of the cocoa powder not the whole concoction. You don't need much cocoa powder though to make a serving, cocoa powder is quite strong.

nooooo... unless things have changed, it's one TEASPOON of lowest fat cocoa powder per day from Cruise phase only. ie, not in attack and far better to do without because it's such a small amount that it'll never suffice and it'll merely feed your chocolate addiction!

Far better to find "other" substitutes...

<from one chocoloholic to another...>

I've just seen your statistics locket... hmm... have you been doing this diet long? (why?)

Just that this diet, in France at least, really isn't recommended for people with BMIs as low as yours is... the commitment to phases 3 and 4 is lengthy and, for such a small loss, it's a shame to potentially mess up your metabolism and get onto the low carb yoyo wagon. My opinion at least. You're very welcome of course because, with a BMI of 23 at the outset, your "normal food intake" must have been pretty good so you'll be helpful to those of us seeking normality after years of yoyoing and dieting!

Well, I've tried to lose the weight I gained while pregnant, 2 years ago. I have tried everything, including the dreaded soup diet. I just want to; a) get back in my old clothes and; b) feel comfortable in my own skin. I figure that as long as this diet works and I'm enjoying it it's worth doing.
I haven't heard of any recommendations for minimum BMI this side of the channel, I may have missed it tho.

Locket - what did the Dukan site calculate as your "true weight"?

61.9kgs
I'd be happy with that at this stage but would like to get to 60kgs. It's what I've been at most

locket said:
61.9kgs
I'd be happy with that at this stage but would like to get to 60kgs. It's what I've been at most

...of my life.
(my little one grabbed my iPhone and somehow sent it).

Don't try to aim below your "true weight" You are doing really well, and should be able to stablise at 61.9kg and stay there.

Thanks for the support Atropos. U DO seem to have most of the answers and seem v sensible too.

I'm really not sensible at all - quite mad and frequently silly.

Back