Day One!

Eire747

Hi All,

Day one for me today and I'm ready and rearing to get going! In 33 male 5'8 and weighing in at 16 stone even.

Would love to get down to 12...but am realistic about it too. I don't do any exercise but have invested in a treadmill for the house and am cutting out all the junk from today.

Have tries weight watchers and sliming world and can't seem to stick to any diet. So have decide to go back to basics. My weigh in day is going to be Mondays so have decided that on that day I will not "diet" and will eat whatever I fancy or crave. Then for the rest if the week, that is Tuesday to Sunday it's strict business!

For those days I'm looking at having below or something similar each day:

Breakfast : Weetabix or porridge with banana

Lunch: Big bowl of fruit salad with low fat yogurt

Afternoon: Tortilla wrap, chicken, lettuce, sweet corn, spring onions (wrap can vary obviously)

Tea: bowl of cornflakes or something light before bed

What do you think?? Don't hold back :)

Cheers

Loving the sound of your food diary, I love the Total Greek 0% yoghurt with fruit x

Thanks Eclipse....do you think the cutting down of food is very extreme or doable? Don't want to set myself up for a gym huge fall.

The ideal plan would be to get down to my ideal weight and then have a lifestyle where by I could diet heavily mon -fri and eat what I want at weekends...I'd love to get to that point but its gonna be hard I tell ye!!

Aye, nothing thats worth it is ever easy.
Your food sounds fine. Seems like you will get what you need but also still be able to eat. I think there are two issues with weight and health. Gotta only take in the fuel that will be used. So the treadmill is fantastic. So some banging tunes or a good film and you will forget your even on the tred.. ish lol.

I think some people over eat also, so it can be hard to fit in 3 portions of veg and two of fruit a day. Unless you think well a portion of grapes is like 6, so between 3 meals it can be done. The key is not to eat the whole punnet. ( I'm bad for that)
The only real suggestion I have is make sure you drink loads of water. It will help stop your body holding on to water, it will flush everything though. It really does help. It also keeps off some feelings on hunger. So drinking between half to a pint of water before a meal can help. I used to eat those pasta meals made for two all by myself And the garlic bread! Now I have learnt, I don't need it!, its not doing me any favours.

on your blow out day, just watch you don't get carried away and undo all your good work and I think you might be ok :) of course the more fat/sugar/carbs you cut out the more weight you can loose. But yeah its good to be realistic! no point setting your self up to fail. And you seem to know your self quite well.

Good luck! let us know how you're getting on.

Back