Day One

Hi girls! Hope you don't mind if i join you? I started back on CD on 10th march too!!

And it was my B'Day on 11th March so only had a tiny little (2 glasses wine and 2 slices of cake) slip up!!:eek::eek::eek:

But have been really good since then and hoping this time I can shift the weight for good!!! :D

hi natalie!

wow i admire you for starting before your birthday - i definately would of waited til after. it was my birthday last month whilst i was doing slimming world, i went out for a curry and stuck to within my Syn limits - even though it meant i had something i didnt really fancy! really wish i had just relaxed now and had what i wanted as i just gained the following weeks anyway:(

Hi Natalie
Of course we don't mind, the more the merrier, it's nice to chat to people who are sharing the same experiences. I'm hoping the weekend isn't too bad, kinda dreading being home all day so need to keep myself busy with some wedding/honeymoon planning!

Hi Amy, lets hope those food cravings disappear today!!!! Strange that we both felt the same on the same day of our diet.
Mindy

morning mindy

i feel so much better today (well so far) also i used ketostix and it went pink today (beige yesterday) which i think means im finally in ketosis! woohoo:)

Hi Girls!

I'm in ketosis too....I've had my first shake and a cup of earl grey tea....not ahving another shake until the start of the rugby this afternoon....so just water and tea between now and then...

I'm trying to work out the difference between my scales and my CDC's scales so I know daily (I know i'm not supposed to weigh daily) how much I am losing....I've worked out there is a 2.5lb difference...

So as of today...I am officially...6lbs lighter!! hopefully another couple of pounds will be lost between now and Monday's weigh in!!!

Looks like we all have roughly the same amount of weight to lose too....60-70lbs!! :)

Hi Girls!

I'm trying to work out the difference between my scales and my CDC's scales so I know daily (I know i'm not supposed to weigh daily) how much I am losing....I've worked out there is a 2.5lb difference...

So as of today...I am officially...6lbs lighter!! hopefully another couple of pounds will be lost between now and Monday's weigh in!!!

Looks like we all have roughly the same amount of weight to lose too....60-70lbs!! :)

I am a daily weigher too!! actually ill go so far as to say i weigh myself several times a day just to see how im fluctuating:eek:

i used to try and work out the difference between my own scales and slimming world group's ones - used to drive me totally insane trying to work out what their scales might say that day :rolleyes:

luckily for me my cdc comes to me and weighs me on my own scales so i dont have that torture anymore:D

i am roughly about 6lb off since monday too!!! secretly hoping for 1 more by monday;)

oooo wonder if we will all get to goal at the same time:)

Yep, I've decided to just use my own scales.....my CDC is away for 3 weeks at the end of the month...so menas I can still do a Monday weigh in each week if I use my own....but it will be good to see my CDC scales go down for once...

The joke is....since I first started going to Debz back in Feb last year....I was 12'10 and I've only been going UP every time I go back to her...:eek:;), so would be nice to see it go down for once....:cool:

Hi girls
I bought some ketostix yesterday and myself and fiance are both in ketosis :D Does it matter how dark the pink is on the stick (hope that makes sense!!!) ?
Mindy

Hi Hun!

OK Ketostix...basically you want your stick to be one of the first 2 pink colours.

Beige - Not in Ketosis
Light Pink - Ketosis
Pink - Ketosis
Any Purples - Dehydrated - Drink More water!!!!

Hope that helps!!! ;)

Basically we are on about 400-500 cals per day (if SS), so depending on our metabolic rate...and if we take an average of 2000 cals per day as our baseline....we are using up about 1500 cals per day from our body...which comes out as ketones and colours the stick.

Now....unless you are doing mega exercise or the metabolic rate is really fast...you should be losing the same amount of cals as everyone else....and this should be a nice pink colour if your water levels are high too.....so taking that then, if you are purple it means you are dehydrated because there is a not enough water being excreted to maintain a nice pink colour...and your pee is to concentrated.

Basically with being on CD....if you are drinking the right amount of water, your actual pee should be pretty much colourless. :D

Back