Day out at Wembley - food help pls

bobbedazzler

Hiya

Just wondered if anyone could help me with a few ideas.

I'm off to Wembley on Monday (my footie team are in the Championship play off final) and its going to be a really long day (setting off at 6am and not expecting to get back til around midnight) so I'd like to take some SW compliant food with me so I don't succumb to a pie/hotdog at half time.

I'm sure we'll be stopping off for some lunch and for some tea (probably at a pub so there should be something on the menu that I can have) so I was thinking more of for the journey (about 5 hours each way) and service station stops.

So, any good ideas for what I could take with me that's easy to eat/store and also on plan??

Thanks

Jo x

Make a pack up if you can... we aways try to do this but I will admit to two KFC's in the last month due to service station stops!

Fill a tuppaware with salad... whack in there lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, carot battons, red onion, tomatos, boiled egg halves and boiled potatos. We really bulk ours up and best of all its free on a Green day or EE.

Sandwiches are best when made from Weight Watchers Malt Danish... 3 slices can be a HeXB so I make tripple deckers! Again whack in anything you like... when I have them I tent to have EE days so I can have chicken, lettuce, cucumer, tomato and red onion. Then squish it down and wrap in tin foil to keep it altogether!

Fruit portions will be good snacks. Carrot battons dipped in quark. Muller lights. Diet drinks. Hummm picnic!!

Have lots of picky things to hand for the journey but make them all free foods if you can.

We normally pack everything in a bag with freeze packs but also freeze a few carton drinks as these will help keep things cool but also will be cold to drink once defrosted.

I often make up an omelette if I'm out for the day. Fill it up with free food like onions, peppers, tuna, cheese, whatever... let it cool and chop it into slices, like a quiche. Pop it in a cool bag to keep it fresh. Have fun at Wembley. xx

Back