Day Out

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
I'm going to the safari park tomorrow with the kids. I want to take a shake with me to have around lunch time, 1-2pm. I can't make it up there, but I had planned to make it up in the morning, then keep it in a bottle til I need it.

It will be sat for around 4 hours, what's the best flavor shake to do this with?

you really shouldnt do that , I am sure exante recommends drinking within 15 minutes of mixing the same as all the other VLCDs do , some of the vitamins are water soluble and will not survive for long once mixed with water . I would also think that after 4 hours sat around in a bottle it would taste nasty :/ I always take a bar when I am out , its much easier , could you not do that ?

this is exactly the same problem I have when I am going to be gone all day. The shakes don't do well when they are made up and then left to sit. They separate and they do start to taste funny, esp. if they're not refrigerated. They have milk protein in them.. imagine letting a bottle of milk sit for 4 hours in your purse. :( Ick.

I am thinking of buying some kind of hand held shaker or whisk to take around with me in my handbag so that I can make shakes on the go... maybe just buy a bottle of water and then make it up. right now i use an electric hand blender which gets all the clumps out and makes it taste really smooth. if i could find a hand whisk which did a reasonable job then i would get one for situations exactly as you're describing.

I sympathise.... situations like yours are how i end up up eating nothing but water until 9pm. :/ i would love to hear others' ideas about this.

(p.s. not everyone likes the bars or wants to eat them unfortunately)

I have a shaker bottle and if I want to make a shake up on my move I fill it with ice and water and put it in a insulated baby bottle carrier ( tommie tippee does one that fit a shaker perfectly ) . Then you can make a yummy cold shake up on the go . I have just bought another shaker bottle off e bay

I use a shaker to make all my shakes and it works perfectly, so buy one of those, they sell them in most chemists, I bought a Celebrity Slim one. Either bring your water or buy a fresh chilled bottle when you're out and about and you'll be all sorted!!

bunny_hops said:
I'm going to the safari park tomorrow with the kids. I want to take a shake with me to have around lunch time, 1-2pm. I can't make it up there, but I had planned to make it up in the morning, then keep it in a bottle til I need it.

It will be sat for around 4 hours, what's the best flavor shake to do this with?

You can't make them up in advance. You have to have them within 15mins of making them up. If you're out and about a bar and a bottle of water is probably an easier option x

I've been making my shakes up and putting them in the fridge for a short while to get nice and cold, not for long, but I will make sure it's only for 15 minutes.

I do love the bars, but I prefer to have my bar in the evening, I can make it last a good hour and it's in the evening my eating habits are worse and I do like my shakes in the afternoon...

This sort of thing doesn't happen very often, but I will get a shaker just in case, Asda do a Biggest Loser one, are they any good?

I think for tomorrow, I'll just have to mix the pack in a bottle of water, and just shake it for a bit, hopefully it will mix ok, as a one off :)

Back