DAY TWO

sallysumo

Well Day 2 ,i know its early days but feeling psoitive and looking back at all of your incredible journeys is really inspiring me to stay strong.Can't believe how amazing you are doing :) Start back on my night shifts tonight so hoping i will be ok .Tried to stagger my shakes today ,just had my first one then thinking i will have one at 8pm just before i go to work and have the other through the night and drink lots of peppermint tea and coffee to keep me going .Hope this sounds like a good plan ? Hope u are all having a good day too :) x

Well Day 2 ,i know its early days but feeling psoitive and looking back at all of your incredible journeys is really inspiring me to stay strong.Can't believe how amazing you are doing :) Start back on my night shifts tonight so hoping i will be ok .Tried to stagger my shakes today ,just had my first one then thinking i will have one at 8pm just before i go to work and have the other through the night and drink lots of peppermint tea and coffee to keep me going .Hope this sounds like a good plan ? Hope u are all having a good day too :) x

Hi Sally you are doing so well, my worse day the first time around was day 3 but by day 5 I was buzzing and feeling great. Good luck with you night shifts hun. Great positive attitude ! :D

Totally agree with Daisy on day 3, I'm just into day 4 now and yesterday wasn't great. Had a headache when I woke, not terrible thankfully and it wasn't so bad when I had my first shake and some water. The rest of the day wasn't too bad either but it was last night that I found to be the worst point so far - I just couldn't sleep, the headache came back but it was more a general restlessness that kept me up - I imagine its what insomnia must be like.

I ended up grabbing an hour here and there and slept in till noon, woke up with a milder headache than yesterday which again disappeared after food/water.

I was actually a bit concerned about the headaches/lack of sleep so I spoke to a friend who's a day ahead of me and they'd experienced exactly the same thing on day three but had an uneventful nights sleep the following day.. I'm guessing that it could be down to the body going into keto, where the brain had been relatively starved while it transitioned on the first 2 nights but full of energy on night 3 when the ketone production ramped up.. just a guess.

In short, when and if you feel sketchy around day 3 don't be too surprised. For me it was more uncomfortable than anything else, if I found it painful or more worrying I would have been straight down to the Pharmacy just in case.

Best of luck with the rest of the week !!

Thanks for the advice twowheels ,i will make sure i drink loads of water .Hope you are feeling better now .Best of luck with the rest of the week .

Back