Days like to Day I wish I had tried Harder ..

welshymamma

when will I be slim
I have a job Interview today ...Promotion 10 persons being interviewed ..I know I can do the Job and I have all the answers to the question and the experience .But The one thing In The back of my mind ..Why would they give it to a fat women ,Will they think Im Lazy or sit and eat all day ...I am confident but if the other candidates are all slim .Will I just be defeated before I even have the interview ? Times like this I wish I had tried harder to be a loser ...lol
But Dont feel sorry for me Im fine ..we fatties are made of stronger stuff ..It may give me the motivation to lose my weight ..I have turned to food on the weekend for comfort .Just wanted to share these feelings with you all ....But I am fine I am in a Job I love and get paid for being Bossy ...

watch this space ...

Im home at 8.30 pm ..I will let you know how I got on ....

Right. I am not going to feel sorry for you. I am however going to give you a talking to because you have made me mad.

Your weight, has nothing to do with your ability to do a job, and you will nto be perceived as lazy if you are overweight. I have been overweight my entire career and it has never held me back. I work in a customer facing role, where I see people every day. I have never had a customer look down on me due to my size, and I have never let my size be a contributing factor to my success or failure in my career.

Stop thinking this way. If you are the best person for the job, you will get it.

DO NOT think that that!!!

Wishing you the best of luck in your interview and will be back on here later to see how you get on! x

I was in exactly this place last week.
I am the biggest in my office & I went for a promotion.
Was convinced I wouldnt get it for the same reasons you have said.

Guess what?

I got it! =D

It honestly doesnt matter. If you are the right person for the job, you'll get it.
Good luck! xx

some of the best people I have ever employed have been large!

Give you an example... at one point someone in our team of 9 people said "I know what we all have in common - we all have huge chests, except J." J then piped up "but I had a chest reduction" :D

Most employers would not say size is not an indicator of ability - so you shouldn't even think it!

Good luck hun X

I agree with all that as been said above just want to add that there is no such thing as comfort food......what we think of as comfort food is far from comforting in the long run.
Good luck. I will be popping back to see how you have got on.

I think this says a lot more about your opinion of fat people than your employer! Would it affect your decision if you were interviewing? It seems very unfair you'd think that of them with no reason.

Anywya unless you're an athelete it shouldn't have any effect on your ability to do your job. Hope the interview went well :D

I had my chest reduced tooooooo

some of the best people I have ever employed have been large!

Give you an example... at one point someone in our team of 9 people said "I know what we all have in common - we all have huge chests, except J." J then piped up "but I had a chest reduction" :D
Most employers would not say size is not an indicator of ability - so you shouldn't even think it!

I had my chest reduced tooooooo

Yay, well done you on the new job - and now to work on that PMA...., I really do think that there is alot of truth in that old saying about 'think you can or think you can't, you're probably right' xxx

what DO you feel? Understanding that might give you a cl;ue as to why you arent excited xx

Because I love the job Ive got ....Im a senior supervisor ...and its the best job in the world ...Now I have been offered the assistant managers position ..this means That someone will have my lovely job .

Back