DD, kinda hard!!! How about for u?

soozsb

Xmas goal, here I come!
So today is my second down day this week. It is 11 am, and I am eating for the first time today. Chicken noodle soup - 70 calories.
Yesterday on my up day, I pretty much kept track of my calories, thought I was doing good, then decided to recheck the cal. calculator since I had lost weight since I last looked at it and... saw that my ud cal intake is actually a couple hundred less than it was last time I checked! So I had gone over by about 150 cal. So today I decided to eat less than my allotment to make up for that. Does that work?
Anyways, I don't know how you guys do it!? I take Reductil, so I am not starving or anythng and waiting until later in the day before you eat was a good tip from members. BuT I have to say I am a little bit headachey and a tiny bit foggy I guess you would call it. How do others feel on their down days? The only thing keeping me on it is 2 things: I desperately want to reach my xmas goal and , 2. I know that less than 20 hours from now I will be able to eat a decent meal.
I am interested in hearing your comments about this.
Thanks for your help and support:)

Hi there

I'm not JUDDDering at the moment but keep an eye on the board because my grand plan for body domination is to do a VLCD until end of the month, then eat high protein for dec then move onto JUDDD in January after xmas.

Funnily enough the book I ordered dropped through the letterbox today so I've been reading it all day. One thing that it said is that the upper calorie rating for the calculator on the website isn't what you should eat on an up day- it's just there for reference so you can see where your DD calculation has come from.

Which is all a very long way of saying you really shouldn't worry about the calories from yesterday and I don't think you should take it from todays allocation as that'll just make you feel very deprived. The book seems to say on UD eat until comfortable satisified and make healthly food choices where possible but don't track your calories or it'll feel like you are on a resticted diet which is what we all fall off.

Pretty sure I've read the book right but am sure someone will be alone to correct me if not

Best of luck with JUDDD - I'll be lurking and keeping an eye because I'm really excited to start this in January - it feels like an eating plan that I could use long term to maintain my weight

x

eat ALL of your allotted calories for today if you need them
I usually stick to 500 ish on a down day and ignore cals on an up day and have what I want
make sure you are drinking enough
I never eat on on a dd until lunch at the earliest and if I can I wait until evening - I do drink loads though if I dont I go light headed so do make sure you are drinking enough :)

Hi there

Funnily enough the book I ordered dropped through the letterbox today so I've been reading it all day. One thing that it said is that the upper calorie rating for the calculator on the website isn't what you should eat on an up day- it's just there for reference so you can see where your DD calculation has come from.

Which is all a very long way of saying you really shouldn't worry about the calories from yesterday and I don't think you should take it from todays allocation as that'll just make you feel very deprived. The book seems to say on UD eat until comfortable satisified and make healthly food choices where possible but don't track your calories or it'll feel like you are on a resticted diet which is what we all fall off.

Pretty sure I've read the book right but am sure someone will be alone to correct me if not

x
Yes you are right thats what the book says. Some days I can eat 1500 and feel full and other days 2500. Just eat until you are comfy, like Aaleigha says if you need them eat them.
Water is a massive help on a DD for me I drink around 3 litres it not only helps with hungar but seems to help with shifting the lbs:D

Hopefully we will see you soon Lou :)

Thanks Miss Jelly Tot - you definately will be seeing me soon - just need to get the next 6 weeks out of the way then I'm JUDDDering - really excited to try it and LOVE the idea that if I have a craving I can satisfy it every other day - what other diet lets you do that.

In fact here's a funny story I always have a little binge before i start a new diet - my brain screams at me that I have to eat these food on the run up to the diet because I wont be able to have them when dietting. So I was thinking about when to start JUDDD. I'm travelling back on the sunday after boxing day and had in my head that i'd pop to m and s and have a pre diet binge on bad food on that day before starting JUDDD the following day - then it suddenly occured to me that I don't need to do that at all because no food is forbidden and if i want it I can have it. It suddenly just clicked in my head that I will need to go to m and s because I wont have any food in the house but that I'll just buy what I feel like (it could be healthy it might not be) but the point is I don't have to eat a bit of everything lovely the day before I start.

When I suddenly realised that I became even more convinced this is the eating plan for me - half the stuff i eat in the pre diet run up i'd never eat when not on a diet and not bothering about my weight it's just the thought that i can't have it if i want it that makes me stock up before the diet begins.

So JUDDD starts the minute I leave the family after xmas - starting with an UD which means i can go to the shops on the way home and just choose what I feel like

Nothing left to say here.... The girls said it all! ;)

Thank you to all who replied. I REALLY appreciate everthing to tell me!:D Can you get some of your jedd friends to reply to my other threads please. I do become a bit obsessive when starting a new diet bc I want so much to succeed that I can't help myself.:eek:

But I sooooooooooooooo appreciate any advice and answers that you all give me, and the more info I receive the better I feel I am able to deal with everything.
I can't get the book at this point in time but hope to soon.
Also hearing others stories is soooo much more helpful than reading a book.:kissass: Lol.

I read the book yesterday and to be honest other than a load of science that I didn't need to know a few recipe ideas for DD there's nothing in the book that isn't covered on this site. Ended it thinking it was a bit of a waste of money

Back