De-lurking to say hello

saree

Hi

I've struggled with my weight since I was 18. I'm now 36 and in that time have lost / gained several times.

I'm now at my heaviest ever and feel quite ashamed of it.

Its hampering my self confidence and repressing my naturally outgoing nature so it needs sorting.

however, i don't want to sort it for the time i'm getting to lose it and then go back up, it needs sorting long term. i think weight watchers might be the best way to do that. i'm hoping so anyway.

i've got 6 stone to lose.

i'm hoping to be able to come on here lots and share my journey with you all.

there's some amazing weight watchers stories on here which have helped already.

i'm doing ww at home and i weigh on a wednesday. first week lost 6lbs.:D

we move house, move offices and move life in the next couple of weeks, moving house first next week.

i've been having a stressful time but so far have resisted comfort eating. i don't feel the diet restricts me too much but i do feel that indian takeaways could be my main problem.

Sarah

snap! could have written that post myself (apart from the whole moving house/offices/life bit)! congratulations on losing 6lbs already! i weigh on a wed too and lost the same as you in my first week. good luck and keep posting! x

Hi Sarah welcome to the forum im pretty new myself like you and we've got the same name so much in common already lol!
Well done on your 6lb loss :eek:
best of luck with your journey:)

Sarah,

First and foremost, well done on loosing 6lbs on your first week!!!! that is fantastic (1lb away from HALF A STONE already!)

please do come on and start a diary - we're all in the one boat here and understand exactly how you feel - there is absolutely no need to feel anyway ashamed around here!! - but I do understand, I admitted on here that my start weight was 18stone - Ive never told anyone as was too embarrased!!

You can say goodbye to the weight that is hampering your self confidence - you're already on the way to being a completely different person this time next year - just imagine how different things WILL be!!!

I think its brilliant you've resisted the comfort eating - you have so much going on at the minute - should really give yourself a pat on the back. If you can do this with all that going on then its going to be a breeze for you!!

so excited to see how you get on and see you shrinking!!!

Wow, what lovely responses and so quickly. Thank you for a lovely warm welcome. It could be that i'm doing ok because its so early. its probably that and it'll get harder once the 'newness' wears off.

like everyone here i bet, i've tried every diet there is from Rosemary Conley, to Slimming World, to that mckeith woman and everything else but over the last ocuple of years i haven't done anything. simply because there doens't seem to be any point bothering if you're going to put it all back on again afterwards.

i've got two girls who are seven and five next week. Since the little one was born i've been in size 14s and then back up again to a squeezed in 22. I decided that i really had to try to solve this problem when my youngest's best friend (who's 5) commented on my large stomach. Out of the mouths of babes. I know its what everyone thinks but they're taught not to say it!

I haven't considered the exercise issue just yet as there's so much going on round here and moving house will be exercise in itself, the office move will be the same but probably worse. i'll think again once we're settled.

tried to put a ticker in my sig but it wouldn't work. how do you put html in there? I put the html tags round it but it still just put the html in as text. any ideas gratefully received.

Saree,
The whole "newness" thing wearing off - I know everyone is so different but I found the first few weeks the hardest!! I didnt know the points in everything and found that I was going hungry rather than eat something for the fear that I would go over (didnt have my little calculator thing then!), I often got fed up, hungry and tired also, think I was a little hungrier because my body, which was so used to being over fed was eating healthy amounts.

After a while, the whole thing got easier and easier and to be honest at this stage, I dont think I could ever, possibly go back to my old ways - Im too used to counting points and sooo aware of what Im putting into my body now - thats why I think that ww could be perfect for you, if you feel that you gain weight after you loose it - its like a lifestyle and once you hit goal you could count points mon - fri then eat "normally" on the weekends to maintain (enjoy yourself ;))

I started a few diets before and the longest I lasted was a month, then fell off the wagon.. anyway Im rambling on - what Im trying to say (in a very long winded way!!) is, Im sure if you can last out the first few weeks it'll become second nature to you and since your already doing so well this really could be the diet that suits you!! (if you know what I mean)

Also, is there a certain event/ goal you can set for yourself to succeed for? do you have have any weddings to attend/ anniversarys/ reunions/ big birthdays/ family gatherings????? I have found that these are the things that can stop us falling off the wagon - for instance, Im getting married in August - this is what has stopped me falling off (particulary in the first few weeks when I was feeling that way) because I had a picture in my head how I wanted to look and was determined to do so - everytime Id reach for the fridge Id think of the wedding and ask myself was the 10 mins of eating something really going to be worth being the same weight on that day!. Starlight on here used her parents wedding anniversary as one goal and her own 40th as the next..

It may help!

Also, little mini goals are brilliant, if you just sit down with a pen and paper - no matter how ridiculous you feel they may be. They are just sometimes easier to reach!!. When I started, I had 7 stone to loose and felt completely overwhelmed - little mini goals like, hitting into the next stone kept me going instead of looking at this as a whole!!!

(hope your not asleep... :D)

Welcome to our WW gang and congrats on losing 6lbs in your first week.. thats fantastic :)

Id definitely agree with Nikki about setting small goals. As youll see from my ticker my next target is only 3lbs away, my last one was to hit 9 stone, so theres only 4lbs between the last one and next one, if you follow lol Sometimes looking at the whole journey is a bit overwhelming....

Id also totally recommend a diary, I find mine very theraputic and its fantastic to read back on lol With regards to losing motivation once the novelty wears off... youll find if you stick at it, seeing those numbers go down, and down, and down will be all the motivation you need ;)

Look forward to hearing how you get on

Well done on FAB loss !! :D

Debz xx

Well done on your 6lb loss thats fantastic.

I know where you are with the moving thing, We moved 4 days before christmas so the whole of christmas and new year seems like a distant blur.

You have made a decision to do something to lose your weight so you go girl ..xxx:D

Thanks everyone. Got lots of reading here, I'll have to sit down tonight and inwardly digest it all. I'm so busy at work and then with the move as well its going to be a tough week. As long as there is decent food in the fridge i should be alright. not sure if there's not mind and the first night in a new home = takeaway surely!

Our first night there is wednesday and then i'm back to the old house to clean it as we've got a couple of days when we've got both. Thankfully though they're committed to buy it or i'd be panicking as we couldn't afford two!

The kids make such a mess of the windows that there's no point cleaning them till the children are banned. Maybe i shouldn't worry so much but I hate moving into houses where you have to clean first so i'd prefer not to do it to them.

I can foresee a lot of marigold wearing. There must be activity points in this somewhere!

We're moving up a lane with no near neighbours (my kind of house!) so I'm hoping that i'll be able to go on the kids' trampoline without distressing anyone but some sheep. Looking forward to that! I couldn't do it to the neighbours where we are now. They have too much interest in our lives as it is and even look to see where i do the weekly shop so i'll leave it till the new house.

Thanks again and hope you have a good day. I'm trapped at work so can't have anything but until tea time :)

Hi

I've struggled with my weight since I was 18. I'm now 36 and in that time have lost / gained several times.

I'm now at my heaviest ever and feel quite ashamed of it.

Its hampering my self confidence and repressing my naturally outgoing nature so it needs sorting.

however, i don't want to sort it for the time i'm getting to lose it and then go back up, it needs sorting long term. i think weight watchers might be the best way to do that. i'm hoping so anyway.

i've got 6 stone to lose.

i'm hoping to be able to come on here lots and share my journey with you all.

there's some amazing weight watchers stories on here which have helped already.

i'm doing ww at home and i weigh on a wednesday. first week lost 6lbs.:D

we move house, move offices and move life in the next couple of weeks, moving house first next week.

i've been having a stressful time but so far have resisted comfort eating. i don't feel the diet restricts me too much but i do feel that indian takeaways could be my main problem.

Sarah
welcome chick,i could of written that myself.
good luck xx

Back