Dear Diary... I WILL be slim!

Tangled

Hey guys!

Well I started the LT diet last Wednesday after having enough of being overweight, and I'm not going to lie, it's been hard. Really hard. The first 3 days I had the worst headaches ever added with feeling sick has made me quite emotional! It doesn't help that the shakes SUCK! and I have to hold my nose everytime to keep them down! But I've stuck to it and not eaten anything, which I'm really proud about! My poor OH has been really supportive, what with my moods being up and down. He is even going to go on the diet too (if the Pharmcist will actually order the male LT when they say they will :rolleyes: ) Which will be good as we can do it together.

I'm struggling with drinking all that water though. How do you manage it?

So, it will be the weigh in tomorrow and I'll be wearing the bear minimal to get away without a decent exposure order ;).

good luck with your first WI....enjoy the results they are worth it hun! x

Good luck, I'm on day 4, the water has been an issue for me but I have tried drinking sparkling water instead which is nicer and also makes you feel fuller!!

Good luck for tomorrow huni :)

Good luck tangled! It'll be worth it. I know the shakes arent fantastic but try to see them as medicine that you need to take to keep you going (as one very wise minimins member told me when I was starting). Good luck again.

It doesn't help that the shakes SUCK! and I have to hold my nose everytime to keep them down!

That's because you've got it back to front - you're supposed to SUCK the shakes!! :p Seriously, I found that drinking the shakes through a straw was a milion times more palateable than drinking them normally. Have you tried all three flavours and also adding the tea / coffee extras that some people do? It could help you out.

I actually preferred the chicken soup but I think most people aren't too keen.

Getting your OH on the diet will help for moral support although you wont necessarily be drinking at the same time - you have three shakes a day where he will only have two. You would at least be able to console yourself with the fact that you only have to drink a smaller amount at each sit-in. :D

The water, like most things on the diet, got easier for me. I drank a lot more towards the end (and even had to restrict myself) than I did at the start and I'm sure lack of water contributed to my early bout of consipation. The irritating part is all the running back and forth to the loo.

I always tried to get weighed in the same clothes and at about the same time of day to help reduce any false readings - I did the naked ones at home. :eek:

Good luck.

keep going it will be worth it eventually.... try mixing the vanilla with instant coffee... and a sweeter, its taster... good luck for tomorrow.. x

Wow thanks for all your support and advice everyone, really appreciate it :)

Mr C - I actually quite like the chicken soup too. I might try drinking with a straw, thanks for the tip.

WI in a bit, I'll let you know how I get on. x

I did my weigh in yesterday and, I lost 8lb! Yay!! Mega chuffed, it's such a strong incentive to carry on (and the cost!).

Only problem I have now is on Sunday I'm going out for a meal for my OH dad's birthday. I said I'll go but won't be eating anything. They think I'm being too extreme with the diet and it will just be awkward! They are all now really pissed off and think I'm being selfish!! But really I think that going to resturant, surrounded by food, everyone eating but I'm not cos of this diet just shows how much I want to be there to celebrate his birthday. I know that if I do eat (even just a small salad) will make me really upset with myself for giving in (for them). Any advice of how to tackle this problem would be great! Thanks guys xx

Yay for OH's being supportive.

My other half is doing this with me as well and it really does make a difference, We have failed once before and this time we are so determined! The other day I was having a moan about how I wanted to eat and he came back and told me to think of this weeks weigh in which is really motivating :)

Great job at your weigh in!

Well done Tangled!!! I would go and have sparking water in a wine glass and chat to everyone and offer to take all the photos. If you stick to your guns and dont make a big deal out of it then next time there is a family do, they will have more respect and understanding about what your are trying to do. :)

I did my weigh in yesterday and, I lost 8lb! Yay!! Mega chuffed, it's such a strong incentive to carry on (and the cost!).

Only problem I have now is on Sunday I'm going out for a meal for my OH dad's birthday. I said I'll go but won't be eating anything. They think I'm being too extreme with the diet and it will just be awkward! They are all now really pissed off and think I'm being selfish!! But really I think that going to resturant, surrounded by food, everyone eating but I'm not cos of this diet just shows how much I want to be there to celebrate his birthday. I know that if I do eat (even just a small salad) will make me really upset with myself for giving in (for them). Any advice of how to tackle this problem would be great! Thanks guys xx

Tell them you hvae a blood test the next morning and have to fast before hand. If they know you're on the diet you can be even more creative by saying its so the docotr can check you're doing the right thing by being on the diet. then the week after you tell them that the doctor's very pleased with you!

I am quite bullish when it comes to issues like this even though I'm not normally too stubborn. For what it's worth I see it a little like this.

You have committed to a diet that does not allow food for your own health and wellbeing. I would have thought that people who cared about you would be able to see that and support you in it and frankly, if they think you should ruin that just so they can watch you eat is far more selfish from them in my opinion..

What would happen if you broke your jaw today and couldn't eat for a few weeks? Would they tell you to just suffer the pain and get on with it or would they 'let you off'?

I would not go and eat or even consider it as an option. That would leave me with two choices:

First up would be going to be with them and show you care while not actually eating food, which as you say, is difficult to do when you are on a diet, would be both a compromise and a big commitment from you.

Or, If you really don't think that would suffice then why not just take the easy option and not go? I would point out after the event that it was THEIR choice in that case.

Only you can decide as you know the commitment you have to your diet goals, the personalities involved in the saga and the likely issues it could cause in the future.

Whatever you decide, as long as you are 100% commited to the diet on the day after the event, then no-one can ask anymore of you. Other people's issues are thier own so let them get on with it.

Good luck.

I am quite bullish when it comes to issues like this even though I'm not normally too stubborn. For what it's worth I see it a little like this.

You have committed to a diet that does not allow food for your own health and wellbeing. I would have thought that people who cared about you would be able to see that and support you in it and frankly, if they think you should ruin that just so they can watch you eat is far more selfish from them in my opinion..

What would happen if you broke your jaw today and couldn't eat for a few weeks? Would they tell you to just suffer the pain and get on with it or would they 'let you off'?

I would not go and eat or even consider it as an option. That would leave me with two choices:

First up would be going to be with them and show you care while not actually eating food, which as you say, is difficult to do when you are on a diet, would be both a compromise and a big commitment from you.

Or, If you really don't think that would suffice then why not just take the easy option and not go? I would point out after the event that it was THEIR choice in that case.

Only you can decide as you know the commitment you have to your diet goals, the personalities involved in the saga and the likely issues it could cause in the future.

Whatever you decide, as long as you are 100% commited to the diet on the day after the event, then no-one can ask anymore of you. Other people's issues are thier own so let them get on with it.

Good luck.

Thanks Mr C that was really helpful. I was very adamant when discussing this with my OH that I wouldn't be eating, and it's blown into a huge argument that's lasted 3 days! My own family doesn't see how it would be a problem and think it just shows my determination to succeed, however my OH's family are different. His dad thinks it's an unheathly diet - coming from someone who isn't a doctor/dietician who is quite overweight himself. And coming to a resturant and not eating is something he finds strange and will make it awkward. But I agree, it is strange to go to a resturant and not eat, but heck I'm on this diet and ultimately there is gonna be an occasion/birthday/wedding etc which you can't avoid.

But like you say, I know them pretty well and know this will cause friction between them and me, which I really don't want. So I've had to come to a compromise whereby I'll order the smallest thing (hopefully there will be some kind of grilled chicken, salady thing!) and have a mouthful or two and leave it at that. Hopefully a few mouthfuls won't have such a massive impact, as I've been dreading it would have. I've been told so long as I stay away from carbs and sugars it shouldn't have an affect on katosis? And obviously start straight back on the shakes first thing.

Thanks again for your support and advice, really appreciated it :) x

You could even order something and just move it about the plate a bit. Though it's putting a lot of temptation in front of you.

Good luck with it

I was always the quiet one standing at the back of the crowd shouting 'FIGHT!' at the top of his voice! XD

I'm sure you'll be fine with your plan Tangled. The fact that you are already thinking about it shows your determination to succeed on the diet. Good luck.

Day 9

Today has been one of the hardest yet! I woke up feeling really sick and faint, which passed by late morning. I'm working at one of the polling stations (as it our local elections) so not only is it a long working day (6.30am-10pm) but everyone ordered a take away for dinner and they had my favourite foods which smelled amazing! However I didn't cave but it took all my willpower! I'm now feeling very glum and wishing I wasn't on this mega hard diet! Oh well, I shall continue! X

My wife is on a polling station too, Tangled. I went and bought fish and chips earlier and dropped it in to her and her poll clerk then sat chatting to them while they were eating it. I can imagine how you felt stuck in that position so early into the diet but the fact that you got yourself through it is testament to your desire to succeed so well done on that front.

There are always going to be days that get us down and wear us out but that is part of the price we have to pay. We don't want the alternative which is to stay fat or even get fatter. It really will be worth it in the end and getting to your goal not only end up showing on the outside but it also says a lot about the person on the inside. You sound like you're made of the right stuff so clench those fists and get down to business.

Good luck.

Back