Dear Diary

Yes i remember one year on this i was shaking with the cold , that i just came off it .
with any diet we tend to start off great then life gets in the way and we become fed up and stray .
I'm going to try today myself a low carb diet , which is no bread no potatoes, no pasta , i came on here last night while watching big brother and had a look at some food plans which i thought , YEAH, i can stick to that . Steak salad , chicken , all sorts , but going to find it strange without the carbs but i need to think beyound that .
I still have my VLCD stuff which i will add in too .
Seems like your ready to start again thats great , maybe find the 100% honky if you were 100% , keep posting in there daily .
Whats the eating plan today ? shakes soups ?

So far I have had 1 pint water, 2 cups of tea with milk from allowance and an oatmeal pack cookie.

Lunch - mushroom soup with fresh mushroom, chilli and coriander

Dinner - 100 g cooked chicken with piri piri sauce on top and mixed lettuce plus vitamin

Tea - strawberry shake and mousse mix

Drinks - 150 ml skimmed milk, 2 litres water and caramel coffees

I am going to try and stay away from coke zero as I was nearly drink 2 litres a day and that can't be good, so max I am only allowed 500 ml.

I am going to the gym lunchtimes and will do 30 mins on treadmill and 30 mins swimming.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

HI Kat
I was the same, when ive done a VLCD before i would WI saturday morning and eat all weekend then back on it monday, i said this time i would not do this and therfore changed WI to wednesday cus its mid week! I was fine, into my third week and saturday came along and i caved it. I too see a little trip as a massive fall and shovel everythign in however sunday i managed to reign it in and get back on the wagon! Never done that before and im happy i managed to stop at the one day! I think this time, i need to prove to everyonwe i can stick to it and i want too (i want to prove it to others bcos before ive ALWAYS failed!) I felt disgusting when id eaten everything on saturday and vowed i would not do it again because i feel a million times better NOT eating!

Take every day as it comes and we can do this.... to you have something to focus on? Mine is a) a hospital appt on 8/02, i want to be abit slimmer... b) my bday night out on 16/02 and i want to look HOT! then... i have a friends wedding in september.. id like to stay on plan or at least maintain but that is a BIGGY if i can acheive either of them!

If you want to buddy up, we can exchange numbers for texts etc... dont worry, im not freak just very stupid haha. PM love.. if yo dont want to text we can do Facey B :) xxx

HI Kat
I was the same, when ive done a VLCD before i would WI saturday morning and eat all weekend then back on it monday, i said this time i would not do this and therfore changed WI to wednesday cus its mid week! I was fine, into my third week and saturday came along and i caved it. I too see a little trip as a massive fall and shovel everythign in however sunday i managed to reign it in and get back on the wagon! Never done that before and im happy i managed to stop at the one day! I think this time, i need to prove to everyonwe i can stick to it and i want too (i want to prove it to others bcos before ive ALWAYS failed!) I felt disgusting when id eaten everything on saturday and vowed i would not do it again because i feel a million times better NOT eating!

Take every day as it comes and we can do this.... to you have something to focus on? Mine is a) a hospital appt on 8/02, i want to be abit slimmer... b) my bday night out on 16/02 and i want to look HOT! then... i have a friends wedding in september.. id like to stay on plan or at least maintain but that is a BIGGY if i can acheive either of them!

If you want to buddy up, we can exchange numbers for texts etc... dont worry, im not freak just very stupid haha. PM love.. if yo dont want to text we can do Facey B :) xxx

Hi Kerance, I am happy to text it would be good to have a diet buddy. I will pm you my number when you are on line. Thanks for the support.

So far I have had 1 pint water, 2 cups of tea with milk from allowance and an oatmeal pack cookie.

Lunch - mushroom soup with fresh mushroom, chilli and coriander

Dinner - 100 g cooked chicken with piri piri sauce on top and mixed lettuce plus vitamin

Tea - strawberry shake and mousse mix

Drinks - 150 ml skimmed milk, 2 litres water and caramel coffees

I am going to try and stay away from coke zero as I was nearly drink 2 litres a day and that can't be good, so max I am only allowed 500 ml.

I am going to the gym lunchtimes and will do 30 mins on treadmill and 30 mins swimming.

lots of good workouts there . how was today ? so far i had 2eggs beaten with mushrooms , and 3 small chicken legs , its now 6:50pm i've been up since 7AM
if i feel hungry i'll grab a slim save bar . hopeful we will all do well !
I went to tesco and got my low carb stuff , still so much to learn about low carbs .

lots of good workouts there . how was today ? so far i had 2eggs beaten with mushrooms , and 3 small chicken legs , its now 6:50pm i've been up since 7AM
if i feel hungry i'll grab a slim save bar . hopeful we will all do well !
I went to tesco and got my low carb stuff , still so much to learn about low carbs .

Which diet are you doing, Dukan?

Yes!!! Managed to get back on track and was 100% yesterday. Today's menu is

Breakfast - tomato soup pack about 11 am
Lunch - mushroom pasta pack about 2 pm
Dinner - chicken with piri piri dressing and mixed lettuce, cucumber and spring onion
Snack - crispy chocolate shake with mousse mix
Drinks - 2 litres water, tea with milk from allowance, caramel coffees and 500 ml of coke zero

What is piri like ?
Im looking into low carb food , looked on sclaes dropped 3 , in one day , but it always goes like this at the start .
then slows down and becomes harder thats when you want the sclaes out of the way .
Just had 3 eggs with say 10z cheese and tom , tum .
Tonight really fancy a steak but have to go shopping for that , so might be chicken .
Well done on yesterday , your feeling back in the zone !
Keep busy for the weekend and it will go by fast .

What is piri like ?
Im looking into low carb food , looked on sclaes dropped 3 , in one day , but it always goes like this at the start .
then slows down and becomes harder thats when you want the sclaes out of the way .
Just had 3 eggs with say 10z cheese and tom , tum .
Tonight really fancy a steak but have to go shopping for that , so might be chicken .
Well done on yesterday , your feeling back in the zone !
Keep busy for the weekend and it will go by fast .

Are you on the Atkins diet? Piri piri sauce is nice but it can be quite hot.

Yes!!! Managed to get back on track and was 100% yesterday. Today's menu is

Breakfast - tomato soup pack about 11 am
Lunch - mushroom pasta pack about 2 pm
Dinner - chicken with piri piri dressing and mixed lettuce, cucumber and spring onion
Snack - crispy chocolate shake with mousse mix
Drinks - 2 litres water, tea with milk from allowance, caramel coffees and 500 ml of coke zero

Slight change to menu:

Dinner - mushroom pack, fresh mushrooms, garlic, zero noodles, chilli and coriander
Snack - chocolate coconut bar

Today's menu

Breakfast - sweet porridge
Lunch - 4 slices lean ham with lettuce
Dinner - chicken stir fry with bean sprouts, zero noodles, red onion, courgette, cabbage and mushrooms with tsp soya sauce
Snack - maple fruits bar
Drinks - 2 litres water, 1 litre coke zero, tea with skimmed milk from allowance.

All under 750 cals and 60 carbs.

Been in training all day. Had sweet porridge for breakfast but early and bar at 1 pm

Update: I have had 2 crispy vanilla shakes with mix mousse for tea.

Drinks 2 litres water, 500 ml coke, caramel coffee and tea with skimmed milk from allowance.

Are you on the Atkins diet? Piri piri sauce is nice but it can be quite hot.

No not Atkins , just low carbing , been looking at food ideas from sites and cutting down too . i'm down 4 since i started . its slow but i'm happy as its a life changing food choices now . All i hear on TV is about FAT people , but in a good way its drumming into us that things have to change for us brits as we are close to the usa now on being FAT .
They had a programe on TV where they went to the states and you see the coffins have to be made bigger and plots bigger and where they burn the bodies , where the body won't fit in so they have to cut it in bits to burn it , and their familes were so upset to hear this , they had something on this morning about poor people are Fat , see its just everywhere now .....
will read your thread as must catch up on here .
how are you getting on ?

i'm liking your food choices there , do you seem full ?
how much have you lost now ?
i took my daughrer to school there and back in all 50 mins , then thought i'll have a walk now was slipping and it was taking so long thought i'll go back home , hope the rain washes this snow away as its icey and still alot of snow about here in herts .

i'm liking your food choices there , do you seem full ?
how much have you lost now ?
i took my daughrer to school there and back in all 50 mins , then thought i'll have a walk now was slipping and it was taking so long thought i'll go back home , hope the rain washes this snow away as its icey and still alot of snow about here in herts .

Hi my food varies, sometimes I have two protein meals other times I have all packs. I've now lost about 22 lbs so I am really pleased with that. I'm struggling a bit today and seem more hungry than usual. I a just trying to hold out to teatime. So far I have had a sweet porridge and a bar. Not sure what to have for tea. I might have omelet today.

Just read through your whole diary - well done for getting back on track :)

A word of warning about Coke Zero - it ALWAYS throws me off plan when I have too much. Most VLCDs recommend sticking to one can (300ml) a day. It can make you feel hungry if you have too much - I've noticed that your blips have occurred after you've let your amount of Coke Zero creep up.

Perhaps it's worth cutting it right down to one can a day, or just cutting it out totally? Xx

Just read through your whole diary - well done for getting back on track :)

A word of warning about Coke Zero - it ALWAYS throws me off plan when I have too much. Most VLCDs recommend sticking to one can (300ml) a day. It can make you feel hungry if you have too much - I've noticed that your blips have occurred after you've let your amount of Coke Zero creep up.

Perhaps it's worth cutting it right down to one can a day, or just cutting it out totally? Xx

I agree I think the zero is the trigger. Had a massive blip yesterday didn't drink any zero all day only sparkling water got home and had a pint of zero and then went off the rails. To I am just having a low carb low fat day

Breakfast - sweet porridge pack

Lunch - turkey salad

Dinner - chicken salad with a small amount of feta cheese light

Snack - probably a slim and save bar?

Drink 2 litres sparkling water, caramel coffee, tea with milk from allowance.

I've fallen off the wagon big style again. Be prepared I am going to have a whinge. It's my husband's 50th on Monday., I text my stepson last week to remind him, I then phoned him yesterday to make sure he has sent a card and he said I'm gonna do it today.

Back