Debating starting after christmas

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Hello! *waves*

So, I took my first step and decided to email my local cambridge advisory person. Waiting on my reply as I type.

I've been trying to do atkins on and off for about a year and I just cant seem to stick to it these days. So debating doing something drastic in the new year and starting a VLCD.

Just reading through the posts on here, not really sure if I'm looking for any advice, or words of wisdom, but I thought I would say hello.

How does everyone find the whole "not eating" thing? I know I can have porridge and bars etc. But you know what I mean! lol!

Just fed up being "wobbly" and looking for a change of diet to shake things up a bit. I've probably got about 4 stones to lose. What are the average monthly losses? And how easy do you find the transition back to real food?

Thanks for reading my ramblings! Really looking forward to hearing back from the advisor and hoping to get some stuff in so I can start on the 1st or 2nd of January with no excuses!

Hi & Welcome Clairecat :)

I was doing atkins before I started cambridge but I didn't find it worked well for me, but it did really help me starting cambridge by cutting down on the carbs. If you slowly cut down on the carbs, probably as you have been, you will feel less hungry and get less cravings etc.

You'd be surprised how quickly you adjust to not eating! I always thought it abit strange not eating anything at all, but it doesn't feel that way when you're on the diet :p
The shakes & soups etc just take away any thought of having to prepare food because they're just there and so easy. If you're like me you'll find you don't really even think about it after awhile it just seems natural.

Plus the amazing losses will keep you on track!
Good luck :)

Thats half my battle on Atkins - Laziness. Sometimes I cant be bothered making anything! So I think the convenience of having the sachets there would be a big help to me.

Obv the laziness is why im fat in the first place! lol! :p

But my big fear is, I drink my shake and then im like "whats for desert?!" lol!

Hahaha! I'm the same! Last thing I want to do after work is make a well balanced dinner ;)
I use tetra milkshakes (already made up in cartoons) when I go to work or out so they're just there ready!

You'll find after awhile you really won't be hungry at all, sometimes I have to force them down!
Once you're fully in ketosis its smooth sailing ;)
Drinking all the water can be a chore in the beginning though if you're not used to it (I definitely wasn't!), it does get easier though x

Thats a good plan. Im too lazy to even mix a shake! haha! I've got 2 tubs of protein powder I bought for akins that are just sitting there because im too lazy to get the blender out!

Hopefully I'll hear back from the consultant tonight. Wondering if I should do 2 weeks atkins induction after christmas before I start? And I drink water all the time, so should be fine. My big problem is tea. I dont cope without my tea! lol!

Yeah I think induction would help majorly with the carbs! And kick start you into ketosis ;)

You can drink tea black (eek!) or you could ask to add a daily allowance of skimmed milk into your plan, which shouldn't make too much difference to your weight loss, but everyone is different.

Do you know if you will be starting on SS or SS+? x

No idea. Thought I'd be better to speak to someone about it. I cant not have milk in my tea. Skimmed milk is fine tho if I can get away with it!

Hey just thought I'd add - its not on plan but I have unsweetened soya milk - Its way less carbs than skimmed milk and slightly less calories and i love it In tea

Good luck on Cambridge - u can lose a stone a month easily x

Good point Lara, they recommend soya milk on Atkins too :)
So I'm sure you'll find a way to have your tea Clairecat!

Yeah, I dont mind unsweetened soya in my tea. not so much in my coffee mind you! lol!

Going to see a consultant tomorrow - hopefully will start on the 2nd of January. Hopefully! :)

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks guys! Your weight losses are all so inspiring. Its good motivation for me!

Work will be my only downfall - people in here stuff their face from 9am - 5pm 5 days a week! lol!

Haha same at my work place hun - I jus let them do there thing as this means more to me than that. I don't know if all feel this way but I get a real strength when I get really into ketosis and it doesn't even bother me to sit at a restaurant and not eat! It just bothers other people so I find that the biggest obstacle!

Same here! I'm surrounded by cafe runs and people that eat nothing but chocolate & crisps all day!
You never notice how much people eat until you can't eat yourself

That's so true! Greedy pigs! Lol (I was one 2 months ago!)

So whats the average monthly weight losses at then? My bmi is about 32 and wreckon I've got a good 5 stones to lose.

Obviously im not expecting miracles, but just wanted a rough idea as to what I can expect. Im quite looking forward to starting, well, minus the feeling of death I'll be facing in the first week! lol!

Roughly a stone a month, not bad is it!

Your first week will of course be your biggest loss though, I've known people to lose 14lbs in just one week on cambridge!

If you stick to it and make sure you drink enough water you cant go wrong :)

Ok, so I'm all Cambridged up! Got a weeks worth of supplies ready to start on the 2nd January. Have decided to start on a mixture of step 2 and step 1b, if that makes sense? 3 replacements, skimmed milk in my tea and the smaller portion size from 1b.

Met a woman who was picking up her products who has lost 6 stones in the last 6 months and she looked great, and was super happy. So that was some good motivation for me :)

Going to weigh myself, take measurements, and get my bf to take a couple of pictures on the morning of the 2nd and get stuck right in.

Hope I dont fail at it. Once the first 3/4 days are out the way I should be fine. Fingers crossed anyway!

And thanks everyone for your support! Cant wait to get started now :)

Woohoo! Well done hun you've made the first step

Make sure you let us know how you get on after Xmas, I'm sure you will be fine and you will be thrilled with your results :) x

Back