Debbiemac Great North Run - finished!

Hi Debbie,,exercise doesn't come naturally to me either LOL...and i don't have a pool in the back yard,,,,went for stroll at lunchtime today, if i call it going for a stroll, I'm more likely to go, but a calling it a walk makes me come up with excuses not to bother LOL..

Glad to hear you had a good week, hope sick child gets better soon..:D

Update....

Well, second 'pox' child goes back to school tomorrow.
We had a lovely long walk up the Fell (about 1000ft up and 2miles each way :D ) so we were both well 'aired' by the time we got home :rolleyes:

I can officially say I have started my training for both races now.... I did my first official 'run session' this afternoon... after that long walk - I must be mad :p

Not that it was very long... about a mile in all, 10mins with 60seconds of 'jogging' alternating with 60seconds (or so!) or walking... typically I met pretty much everyone in the village I really DIDNT want to.... but hey - I had to start sometime right!?

I have then spent the afternoon clearing grass and moss off the paths, well a little bit of it anyway. I am now extremely shattered, planned on having a swim, well sauna anyway, to try and ease my aches, but I always feel guilty if I don't swim for half an hour first... so its the bath thats calling my aching bones instead!

All because I really wasnt in the mood for paperwork... sorry mr Tax man - you'll have to wait another day :D

:D

All because I really wasnt in the mood for paperwork... sorry mr Tax man - you'll have to wait another day :D[/quote]

Hello stranger, come down here i will give you some training tips, stanley park is 2.2 miles around, and you know where i live:D

Hi hun, glad to see you're getting into the training:) My knees are hinderring me at the moment and I'm having to stay with low impact exercise.. hopefully I'll be able to resume the running in a couple of weeks. I'm dieting again so hopefully a few lbs less to carry will help them recover too:eek:

Tomorrows exercise is walking round the Trafford Centre. shoping is really hard work..lol:)

Look forward to seeing you there;) :)

love as always xxxxxx:)

Feel like crap :(

God I feel awful this morning.

I had such a busy day yesterday I didn't have time to be 'ill' so I think my body is giving my double force today....

so why on earth did I wake up so early...:rolleyes:

Still, once the kids are on the school bus I will have some peace till 4pm so hopefully I can dose myself up and chill out.....

Well, after sorting out my stock and paperwork from yesterday's classes - and the messages that i haven't listened to yet..... That'll take me till about 3pm then :( I know, I shouldn't complain about being busy, but I hate to keep people waiting, even though I know I'm probably going to give crap advice while my head is all over the place with this flaming 'bug':cry: I'm pretty sure the lovely ladies at Carlisle wonder what on earth I was playing at last night.... good job they know me quite well by now eh! I can be forgetful at the best of times, but last night was a joke....

Oh well - time to get the boys up now....

GetWell252DNoteWriting255Fmolly.gif

kaz x

Aww thanks! Where do you get those pics from - so cute :)

Feeling very decadent as I have just got the (real!) fire going...and its MAY! I figured it would be easier than having the whole house heated all day while I was just vegging in one room...any excuse really... its miserable weather up here today :(

Off for more lemsip....

God I feel awful this morning.

I had such a busy day yesterday I didn't have time to be 'ill' so I think my body is giving my double force today....

so why on earth did I wake up so early...:rolleyes:

Still, once the kids are on the school bus I will have some peace till 4pm so hopefully I can dose myself up and chill out.....

Well, after sorting out my stock and paperwork from yesterday's classes - and the messages that i haven't listened to yet..... That'll take me till about 3pm then :( I know, I shouldn't complain about being busy, but I hate to keep people waiting, even though I know I'm probably going to give crap advice while my head is all over the place with this flaming 'bug':cry: I'm pretty sure the lovely ladies at Carlisle wonder what on earth I was playing at last night.... good job they know me quite well by now eh! I can be forgetful at the best of times, but last night was a joke....

Oh well - time to get the boys up now....

Aww, Debbie, I didn't realise you were really feeling ill....I really hope your feeling a bit better by now, you were sooooo busy yesterday weren't you, good girl yourself, you just kept going..

I've brought my new pal Pinky :party0011: with me, she'll give ya a little Ketosis Cheerleader dance, hopefully you'll be back full strength soon.

Thanks guys! I'd like to say I am now 100% but I'm not. At least I am upright today and thats a bonus I think :D

Fortunately its a quiet day with 'real people' just a load of phone calls to do.

On the plus side, my weight is starting to go back in the right direction.... the '10s' are calling to me again - about bloody time I say. I'm supposed to be trying to join our little community gym tonight - may have to postpone that, or just sit and watch after filling the forms in anyway.....

Spose the sooner i make the calls, the sooner I can get to my sofa...... bye a bit:)

Great North Run

Forgot I'd started this diary....
In which case i'll use it to update today :D

I have just got home from the Great North Run. Paula Radcliffe wasnt in any danger from me, but I am pleased to report that I not only finished it (my first aim...) but did so within 3 hours :eek::D

To say I ache now is probably a bit previous - I'm told to expect worse tomorrow. :sigh:
So surreal - I was running (yes really) over the Tyne Bridge and the atmosphere.. unbelievable. I even had enough energy to run the last mile and grin for the camera at the finish line!! (Well, you just have to dont you :rolleyes:)

anyway - I did it, I'm so chuffed. Will I do it next year.... probably :eek: :D

Well. You know how proud of you I am cos we were texting each other as you ran... :D

Thought you were going to ring me when you got in? *glares at telephone*

Ooh sulk sulk...

Yeah okay, I can wait :)

I'm not really glaring ;)

what a fantastic achievement Debbie, now you can put 2 fingers up at all those who didn't believe you could do it.!
well done & look after yourself tommorrow !
xx

Back