decaff black coffee

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wannabeskinny, 18 October 2008 Social URL.

1. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    is drinking too much wrong?? seem to drink a lot more than water probably having 4 pints a day of black de caff, and 2 of water

should i stop the coffee ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

You don't have to stop the coffee, maybe just cut down. Water is more important as the coffee doesn't count to your 2 1/4lt - 4 pints a day. Coffee can cause diarrhea and dehydration.

From Wikpedia
    Caffeine content of decaffeinated coffee

Almost all brands of decaffeinated coffee still contain some caffeine. Drinking five to ten cups of decaffeinated coffee could deliver as much caffeine as would one or two cups of regular coffee, according to research at the University of Florida Maples Center for Forensic Medicine. In one independent research on 10 popular decaffeinated coffees, researchers found that all but one contained caffeine. The 16-ounce cups of coffee samples contained caffeine in the range of 8.6 milligrams to 13.9 milligrams. In another similar study of popular brands of decaf coffees, the caffeine content was anywhere from 3 milligrams and up to 32 milligrams. However, in June 2004, a naturally caffeine-free bean was produced.

4. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    Thanks for that i will start weaning myself off and taking in the water x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.