December 30th bride starting weight loss today. Is it too late?

Hi all,

I'm getting married in 7 months time and after pathetic attempts to lose weight I'm now starting to panic that I won't be able to do it.

I currently weigh in at 71kg and want to be down to 60-63kg by December. Is this possible?

I'm a vegan and try eat healthily but bread, baked products, sugar and wine are my weaknesses. I also don't do much exercise as I don't seem to be able to find time.

I'm thinking of getting a good exercise DVD and getting up early to do that before work and changing lunch every day to a low cal soup, breakfast to a protein shake and only snack on veggies (maybe the occasional piece of fruit but not 3-4 pieces as I have at the moment). Hopefully this will mean I can still have a normal dinner with OH and a few glasses of wine at the weekend.

Any thoughts on this approach? Any recommendations for DVD for a super unfit bride-to-be?

Thanks

Klare

Hi Klare,

I think that is totally achievable :) I have way more to lose and I am getting married on the 8th dec.

I would recommend jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's only 20mins work out, but boy does it make u work. What's great is it targets all areas.

Now I have only done it about 3 times, but that's due to the fact I do it only if I can't get to the gym. Now ill be blunt, I'm 103kg, so with a lot of huffing and puffing I can do it, Give ur self credit in that u "want" to do more. :) Also maybe breakdown ur goal in to chunks, I.e 3 months to lose 5kg. Then nearer the time if your still not happy u can go more drastic and cut out the carbs. As I have sooooo much to lose I'm starting the cambridge weight plane as I'm at my wits end. X

Thank you :) sometimes I just feel like giving up but I don't want to look terrible in my photos and hate them for the rest of my life.

I am going to start 30 day shred tomorrow, my OH bought me some 2kg hand weights for my birthday last week so I'm fully equipped and feeling up for it. Last week I gave it a go just for a couple of days and I was seriously aching afterwards but that's the point isn't it?!

I'm also going to do Dry July (except one day already planned) as my wine consumption is getting out of hand. I find I can just about keep my calories down (1300-1500) during the day but then blow it on a glass or two of wine. No wonder I'm not losing weight!

Good luck with your weight loss and the Cambridge plan. I've never done it but I'm sure you'll have great results.

Well done on doing the DVD! Yes if your aching that means its working :) yahhh

Also don't forget muscle weights more than fat so don't be to disheartened x take ur measurements as this is where it will show.

I know, that's what is pushing me on, I hate my pic being taking! We get an engagement shoot with our photographer so that is my 1st hurdle to over come.

Gosh yes there are so many "empty" calories hiding in drink its not fair! I'm lucky I no longer like wine as it gives me mega heart burn, but the odd g and t goes down nice.

My 1st week on the plan is almost done, so I feel proud I haven't given in once....yet lol!

Let me know how u get on :) x

Back