Decided to change my goals

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Caz, 5 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I set myself a goal of 12 stone at the beginning of this diet. That gives me a BMI of just below 25, so seems a good place to aim for. So in my head, that's my goal. It's what I use as my ticker. But I think about it and look at it and it's such a huge goal and is still pretty far away. I think sometimes it can be pretty disheartening for me. So I've decided that I'm not going to have in my head an end goal really, but just look to the next stone down each time. I'll still be aiming for the 12 stone mark, but in smaller steps. Just seems like a giant leap otherwise. Does that make any sense or am I just talking crazy and hoping this will be less disheartening when it won't??

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Thelma

Thelma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(24.31%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - SS+
    Makes perfect sense to me Caroline! I've set my goal at 10st 10 (bmi 25) which is 9st 12lbs to lose. I've lost 3 of those, but it's still a huge goal and to be honest, I'm not sure how much I want to get there. I have it as my end goal (and like you, it's my ticker goal) but I'm really just taking each stone as I find it. I saying to myself that as long as CD is working for me physically and mentally, then I'll keep going. And I'll try to be objective and review how I feel about my body as I get slimmer.

In the past, the slimmest I've been as an adult is 12st8 and I'd like to be slimmer than that this time, but 10.10 seems like an awful lot more. But, time will tell.

I think you're doing the right thing by taking it a stone at a time. I like doing the challenges on here too as you can set your own goal and take it one challenge at a time too.

Well done on remaining so focussed and keeping the target within sight. You're doing great! Hugs xx

Mini likes this.
  4. Reject Doll

Reject Doll Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(22.45%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Caroline I have been thinking the same. I see a stone at a time as my target. Being a slow loser this is best for me or I would probably give up.

Mini likes this.
  5. Ria C

Ria C Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.14%)
    That makes total sense...I think breaking it down makes it more achievable and motivating...I work to half stone goals...Good luck babe youre doing really well. xx

Mini likes this.
  6. *Shelley*

*Shelley* Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I totally agree. I have a Looooonnnnnggg way to go. But taking it one stone at a time it does not seem to overwhelm me.

Baby steps LOL

Mini likes this.
  7. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Makes complete sense to me too. I nearly always have half stones as mini targets. I set 10 stone, but now am more concerned with inches and fitness. If you look amazing at 2 stone more than goal then there's nothing to stop you staying there.

Mini likes this.
  8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Makes perfect sense Caroline!

Love Mini xxx

Watergirl likes this.
  9. Daiseydoo

Daiseydoo is looking forward

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you've made a very wise point Caroline,
    I have been thinking about my goal non stop since starting this diet and I now think that its the mini challenges that keep us going to the finish line as they are so close we can practically touch them.
    I am even now the lightest i've been in years and feel so much better for it. I dreamed of setting my goal to a svelt size 8 and then when I think about it I prob looked my best when I was a size 12 as I have broad shoulders and quite a large frame so size would prob make me look silly lol.
    I think you have done exceptionally well so far and this journey is such an inspirational, empowering and lifebuilding experience. Sometimes I feel the weight loss is just an added bonus and the emotional wellbeing gained from fitting into that favourite dress or pair of jeans again or even just someone saying how great you're looking is the true reward.
    Keep it up hun xxxx

Mini likes this.
  10. Asa

Asa Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I just raised my goal weight a few hours ago, so you thinking makes perfect sense to me :D!

Mini likes this.
  11. likealobster

likealobster Full Member

Agreed, My 'healthy weight' is so far away from anything I have been as an adult I haven't got a clue how accurate it is for me. I am just going to take it a mini goal at a time and stop when I am happy, regardless of charts and things.
    If I feel I look good and am happy with my fitness I will have acheived what I wanted!
    x

12. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Are you sure about what you've set as your goal weight hun? A BMI of 18.9 is quite underweight...

13. likealobster

likealobster Full Member

Oh yeah, you mean on my ticker.
    Not sure what I have put in there. I think I must have put the wrong figure in how weird! I shall update that, thanks!

14. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    I took it a half stone at a time. Works for me, looking at how much I had to lose at the beginning it was terrifying. Every time I got into a different stone bracket was a victory.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.