Decided to change my goals

Caz

Repeat Offender
I set myself a goal of 12 stone at the beginning of this diet. That gives me a BMI of just below 25, so seems a good place to aim for. So in my head, that's my goal. It's what I use as my ticker. But I think about it and look at it and it's such a huge goal and is still pretty far away. I think sometimes it can be pretty disheartening for me. So I've decided that I'm not going to have in my head an end goal really, but just look to the next stone down each time. I'll still be aiming for the 12 stone mark, but in smaller steps. Just seems like a giant leap otherwise. Does that make any sense or am I just talking crazy and hoping this will be less disheartening when it won't??

Makes perfect sense to me Caroline! I've set my goal at 10st 10 (bmi 25) which is 9st 12lbs to lose. I've lost 3 of those, but it's still a huge goal and to be honest, I'm not sure how much I want to get there. I have it as my end goal (and like you, it's my ticker goal) but I'm really just taking each stone as I find it. I saying to myself that as long as CD is working for me physically and mentally, then I'll keep going. And I'll try to be objective and review how I feel about my body as I get slimmer.

In the past, the slimmest I've been as an adult is 12st8 and I'd like to be slimmer than that this time, but 10.10 seems like an awful lot more. But, time will tell.

I think you're doing the right thing by taking it a stone at a time. I like doing the challenges on here too as you can set your own goal and take it one challenge at a time too.

Well done on remaining so focussed and keeping the target within sight. You're doing great! Hugs xx

Caroline I have been thinking the same. I see a stone at a time as my target. Being a slow loser this is best for me or I would probably give up.

That makes total sense...I think breaking it down makes it more achievable and motivating...I work to half stone goals...Good luck babe youre doing really well. xx

Makes complete sense to me too. I nearly always have half stones as mini targets. I set 10 stone, but now am more concerned with inches and fitness. If you look amazing at 2 stone more than goal then there's nothing to stop you staying there.

I think you've made a very wise point Caroline,
I have been thinking about my goal non stop since starting this diet and I now think that its the mini challenges that keep us going to the finish line as they are so close we can practically touch them.
I am even now the lightest i've been in years and feel so much better for it. I dreamed of setting my goal to a svelt size 8 and then when I think about it I prob looked my best when I was a size 12 as I have broad shoulders and quite a large frame so size would prob make me look silly lol.
I think you have done exceptionally well so far and this journey is such an inspirational, empowering and lifebuilding experience. Sometimes I feel the weight loss is just an added bonus and the emotional wellbeing gained from fitting into that favourite dress or pair of jeans again or even just someone saying how great you're looking is the true reward.
Keep it up hun xxxx

I just raised my goal weight a few hours ago, so you thinking makes perfect sense to me :D!

Agreed, My 'healthy weight' is so far away from anything I have been as an adult I haven't got a clue how accurate it is for me. I am just going to take it a mini goal at a time and stop when I am happy, regardless of charts and things.
If I feel I look good and am happy with my fitness I will have acheived what I wanted!
x

Are you sure about what you've set as your goal weight hun? A BMI of 18.9 is quite underweight...

Oh yeah, you mean on my ticker.
Not sure what I have put in there. I think I must have put the wrong figure in how weird! I shall update that, thanks!

I took it a half stone at a time. Works for me, looking at how much I had to lose at the beginning it was terrifying. Every time I got into a different stone bracket was a victory.

Back