Decided to give the peanut butter flapjacks a go

Oh yeah Acorn. Great idea, very handy when out and about. I will keep some aside for this, thanks. x

Thanks lincsbren, I was expecting much worse but I like them.

Just tried one of the coconut ones like I said I was going to earlier. I made a correct guess, disgusting just like the peanut ones are. Think I'll be sticking to the shakes just like I have done for 7 or so weeks.

I don't understand why there isn't more variety of soups, the chicken one tastes awful, why don't they make a tomato one? anything else apart from chicken which doesn't even taste like chicken.

I tried the peanut flapjack on day 1, didn't like it very much, found it too dry, but now i'm on day 3, I must say, its getting a bit more palatable, but saying that, I do take gulps of water or sips of coffee with each bite!

I tried the peanut flapjack on day 1, didn't like it very much, found it too dry, but now i'm on day 3, I must say, its getting a bit more palatable, but saying that, I do take gulps of water or sips of coffee with each bite!

well funnily enough love i tried the soup a few years back on this diet and hated them, and tried the flapjack and spat it out, i dont think i was mentally ready for it lol........and i was only on it for 10 days back then

anyway this time im on week 8 or so and love my soups and look forward to it every day and now ive just tasted a peanut flapjack again, took a small bite expecting to chuck it up like last time, and was pleasently surprised, made a coffee and im now sat taking tiny bites and swallowint them down with the water and coffee, im able to swallow it, they are still rank but i can actually eat them now, dunno if after so long on it my statebuds and palette have changed etc........

confusing how i go from them making me feeel sick to being able to eat them, slowly yes lol

I quite liked them!
I mean, under any other circumstances I would have thought they were minging!
But I just liked the fac that I had something to eat.
And the fact that they're so dry, it makes it harder to chew them. So because I eat them slower, they last me longer.
Lol, probably psychological, but all little bits help eh?

I quite liked them!
I mean, under any other circumstances I would have thought they were minging!
But I just liked the fac that I had something to eat.
And the fact that they're so dry, it makes it harder to chew them. So because I eat them slower, they last me longer.
Lol, probably psychological, but all little bits help eh?

lol yeah in normal times you would not touch them lol but when your on this its something to eat haha, well im currently almost half way through this flapjack and its taken me 30 mins up to yet lol

k does anyone know why ive eaten half of this and why i feel bad, like ive cheated, like im bloated and got real tummy ache now? i actually now feel fat again

They do make you feel a lot fuller than the shakes!
And I think you just feel like cheating, because you've eaten something and you've only been drinking for a long time.
Don't worry, they won't make you gain weight ;)

They do make you feel a lot fuller than the shakes!
And I think you just feel like cheating, because you've eaten something and you've only been drinking for a long time.
Don't worry, they won't make you gain weight ;)

yeah thanks hun

no i need advice, i took some sennakot lastnight and normally it makes me go but not in a bad way, just makes me able to go

but anyway, since eating that half of flapjack ive had terrible tummy pains, had to literally run to the toilet, almost didnt make it:eek::eek: is this flapjack not agreeing with me, i do suffer from bad IBS but havent had it sincebeing on this diet

Not good Nat, prob best you avoid. Just had the coconut one, one word-minging. But peanut one is ok.

lol but i dont know which it is the flapjack or senna

hi i have about 3 per week and sometimes find i only need 1/2 of one so i have had 1/2 at 12 then the other 1/2 at 3pm spliting it up helps.

hi i have about 3 per week and sometimes find i only need 1/2 of one so i have had 1/2 at 12 then the other 1/2 at 3pm spliting it up helps.

yeah well i only managed half lol

Well Guys n Girls
I tried the peanut flapjack on Thursday for dinner. I ate okay but an hour later it made me feel quite unwell. Had a nasty tummy ache and I did have my meds half way through it. So knew it couldn't be me having meds on an empty stomach. The following morning still had the tummy ache went back to pharmacy and was told it is to be expected and in future not have any more.

I didn't think they tasted all that bad but the only thing I didn't like was texture.

same here love, made my tummy rather bad and painful, but im gona get some more tuesday n see if i get used to them

same here love, made my tummy rather bad and painful, but im gona get some more tuesday n see if i get used to them
Hi NatalieAnn
Tuesday is also my day and will be my 2nd wk but will go in on Monday.
How long has it taken you to lose 33lbs? I'm just curious as I now have a further 95lbs to lose and just want calculate how long it could take me.

I eat peanut flapjack every morning for my breakfast :p They do stink and taste revolting when on their own, but I found that when I break them into tiny bits, and soak each bit in a spoonful of coffee with a sweetener, they're a bit better. I've also found that they're even more edible soaked in mint tea - that really surprised me. It takes me 30 minutes to eat one this way; I find it a bit therapeutic way of starting my day (I normally eat my breakfast quite slowly anyway.....).

natalieann with regards to having terrible tummy ache - it could be oats. Also, have you had tests for celiac disease?

Yuck! I can actually taste that flapjack again while I read this thread. And I could barf at the thought of an out of date one. 'Twas indeed akin to chewing poo. Actually how very dare they even call them flapjacks - should be called poochews. It would be more honest. And it's catchy! :)

how funny i was feeling abit down until i read your post youve had me cracking up i took one bite and seloyaped it back up and went for a shake lol defo cardboard

That's so weird, because I've only just started to like them!

Got a few to take to work rather than entertain the huddled masses with my virtuoso shaking exhibitions at lunchtimes. I was making quite a name for myself though - they were selling tickets to the people in the office next door and everything. :p

Back