Decided to stop SS..

C.J.

I want to be slim !!
Hi Everybody..

Well ive decided to stop SS,
Im going to carry on with VLCD, but im going to use slimfast shakes and a meal from 790 plan,
Its just getting a close to Christmas and could do with saving a bit of money,

Hopefully i will loose another half a stone doing it this way.

Ive told my CDC what my intentions are and she is happy with my decicion.

Also another reason i feel i have to do this is because i have bleed every day i have been on SS, so 52 days of bleeding is getting to me a bit now..

Ive lost 2 stone and 5lb doing SS, and really happy with that,
I'm back in a size 12 jeans so really chuffed with that !!

I will still be checking in to this website lots,

xx

Thats a shame, but at least yo've taken the sensible approach. Can I ask why you are bleeding?

Cost is always an issue, sometimes it is just not possible to do things the way you would like.
I have been told that Slimfast products have a lot more carbs and calories than CD, I have just checked and a typical shake has 216 calories as opposed to 136 with Cambridge. It is still really low but something you might want to bear in mind when deciding how much of what to eat.
Good luck with your new regime, I'm sure your success so far will spur you on.

Cost is always an issue, sometimes it is just not possible to do things the way you would like.
I have been told that Slimfast products have a lot more carbs and calories than CD, I have just checked and a typical shake has 216 calories as opposed to 136 with Cambridge. It is still really low but something you might want to bear in mind when deciding how much of what to eat.
Good luck with your new regime, I'm sure your success so far will spur you on.

yes your right about the calories in slim fast, but the 216 cals is if you make it with milk,
If you make the shakes with water like CD they have the same cals as CD..

x

Bless you hun, not fun to bleed for that long :( - I'm surprised you have any energy left at all!!!!:eek:

Sounds like you've made the right decision for you, and that's always the best way ahead... you've lost a fab amount already, and, if you want to, you know you can always do something else too. It's a win-win situation.:D

The best thing of all is that you are in control and doing what's best for you! Just brill. :cool:

Good luck on the new regime.. am sure you will feel lots better once matters gynaecological return to normal too!:)

Last edited:
Thats a shame, but at least yo've taken the sensible approach. Can I ask why you are bleeding?

hiya..

I wish i knew why i'm bleeding!!

I have he new contriception rod in my arm and that stops all sight of your periods, but after about 4 days of been on SS ive bled every day..
Just spoke to my cdc and she says now i'm coming off SS things should settle down.

HERE'S HOPING !!

hiya..

I wish i knew why i'm bleeding!! :(

I have he new contriception rod in my arm and that stops all sight of your periods, but after about 4 days of been on SS ive bled every day..
Just spoke to my cdc and she says now i'm coming off SS things should settle down.

HERE'S HOPING !! :rolleyes:

Hi Cara

Just wanted to post real quick because I was only mentioning last night to my CDC that I'm on the contraceptive pill which I don't finish until Sunday (so should probably start bleeding around Tues/Wed) and I've had a show already.

I wonder if it is weightloss. I've got PCOS and don't have periods naturally and I remember the Gyni telling me when I was trying for my son that just a 5% weightloss can make a difference to periods.

Don't think it's anything serious Cara and you've done fantastically well on the diet so well done.:)

Good luck with Slimming World :)

Hi hun, I've heard that as your body loses fat (especially around your middle) your hormones go a bit mad and an excess of hormones causes an onset of bleeding. not sure how true that is but all the time I was bleeding I took comfort from the fact that at least I must be losing Fat LOL

yes your right about the calories in slim fast, but the 216 cals is if you make it with milk,
If you make the shakes with water like CD they have the same cals as CD..

x

... but bear in mind that CD shakes have all the vitamins, minerals and protein that your body needs unlike slimfast. Perhaps consider taking a multivitamin every day to make up for this and make sure your 'meal' has plenty of protein.

Good luck!

Hi CJ

Was only thinking of you as I trondelled past the slimfast in Tesco this afternoon as you gave me the head up about the slimfast plan.

I'm so glad you feel you are ready to make the next step.

Hope the bleeding sorts itself out in time. Strangely enough for me rather than a regular 28 day cycle I have had a regular 27 day cycle on CD! Very strange but quite true.

Don't forget to keep posting and let us know how it is going. I want to hear all about the holiday that hubbie has promised at goal!

You lucky lucky girl!

Dizzy x

Back