Decision Made

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
Right gang, here's the plan.

I've been on LT for 19 weeks today (weigh in later - stay tuned!) and i'm planning waaaaay in advance here. i have decided to refeed after my first December weigh in (3rd). i'm hoping to be about 13stone by then but we shall see!

like many others i'm determined to learn how to lose weight effectively and "the conventional way" and i think 2 stone is an acceptable and achievable target. so i will refeed and then join weight watchers.

however. my boyfriend and i are planning an amazing holiday next june (dominican republic, private villa - the works!:flirt2:) and i'm thinking by my birthday 2010 (3rd April) if i'm not where i want to be, or near it (within half a stone or so) i'll come back to LT or maybe cambridge (as i'm fancying being a counsellor) to get me to goal (if not slightly under) for the fabulous holiday.

I have this really irritating trait whereby when it comes to a decision with myself - i feel the need to seek, well, approval from everyone - boyfriend, mum, friends etc. to double check i'm doing the right thing!

my boyfriend thinks i should go for this plan, he thinks itll be incredibly valuable to learn to control my weight thru a healthy diet and exercise whilst still having a concrete goal to keep me focussed. my work friends think it's a good plan too - my mum's on holiday so havent gone thru it with her yet, so i now need comments from my lipotrim friends!

so come on guys, lay it on me! xxx

Bring it on!!! You have a plan, dates in your head, a goal to focus on and the knowledge to make it work- now you need to see if you can do it. You've given yourself good time to try and lose the rest yourself, while dealing with day-to-day food issues. And if you (for any reason) don't manage to lose any more then you've a 'fall-back' plan. Remember- half the battle after LT is maintaining your losses- so even if thats 'all' you do -you'll have done fantastically!!

Oh Sarah Lou, that's sounds a perfect, sensible plan. You sound so organised, and you really seem to have your head in a good space. It's a great idea to go down the sensible eating, exercise route to lose your last couple of stone. It shows strength and determination to get things right.

WW is also a good idea as they can keep you in check with a weekly weigh in. It's a little extra that keeps you on course.

I'm the same! I have to check and double check before I made any big decision. All of my family is exactly the same, so annoying! I'm sure your Mum will be so proud of you and agree with your decision completely. I'm kind of jealous as you have such firm goals in your mind and you're so determined to meet them.

Lucky duck, Dominican Republic with a hot, sexy body, that sounds absolutely fabulous! You'll have such a fantastic time and feel great.

So I say go for it! Bring it on girlfriend! Good luck for this afternoon's weigh in but I doubt you need it as you're a weight loss machine.

X

sarah lou i have been thinking alot about this over the past few days but thinking of stopping when i have around 7-10lbs to go; but you sound like you have your plan sorted!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!! :D

2st is a decent amount to lose the 'conventional' way and i am sure that you can do it. You have your birthday and a fantastic holiday (by the way i am very jealous, the d.republic!!! jammy cow! :giggle:) as your goal and if you set your mind to it you will do it :) xxx

I think this sounds like a really well thought out plan - and crucially, one which *you* have control over. You've thought it up. you've prescribed the dates, you've thought about what you're going to do afterwards.

And I think that's the key - it's about you and about the control you can exert over your weight loss and your weight maintenance. That's true for all diets isn't it?

Your holiday sounds wonderful by the way :)

Good plan and goals at the end, that lovely jolly with your b'day in between keep focused and you will do it hon (good luck with todays weigh in).

Right gang, here's the plan.

I've been on LT for 19 weeks today (weigh in later - stay tuned!) and i'm planning waaaaay in advance here. i have decided to refeed after my first December weigh in (3rd). i'm hoping to be about 13stone by then but we shall see!

like many others i'm determined to learn how to lose weight effectively and "the conventional way" and i think 2 stone is an acceptable and achievable target. so i will refeed and then join weight watchers.

however. my boyfriend and i are planning an amazing holiday next june (dominican republic, private villa - the works!:flirt2:) and i'm thinking by my birthday 2010 (3rd April) if i'm not where i want to be, or near it (within half a stone or so) i'll come back to LT or maybe cambridge (as i'm fancying being a counsellor) to get me to goal (if not slightly under) for the fabulous holiday.

I have this really irritating trait whereby when it comes to a decision with myself - i feel the need to seek, well, approval from everyone - boyfriend, mum, friends etc. to double check i'm doing the right thing!

my boyfriend thinks i should go for this plan, he thinks itll be incredibly valuable to learn to control my weight thru a healthy diet and exercise whilst still having a concrete goal to keep me focussed. my work friends think it's a good plan too - my mum's on holiday so havent gone thru it with her yet, so i now need comments from my lipotrim friends!

so come on guys, lay it on me! xxx

VERY WISE MOVE SARAH!!! I think we all need to learn to live with food healthily and unfortunately LT doesnt afford for that; but it is a brill tool and has it's place....so, I am with you 100% and I think you are being very realistic and level headed!!!!!

aww you guys are the best!!! feeling much better about it now i've read all your comments. so hardcoring it to the end of Tanya's challenge now...

let's go!!!

I think that sounds like a great plan! You've done so incredibly well so far & will have lost a fair bit more by then, so you'll be in a position where you can push on with a more "conventional" way of losing weight. I do think it's probably quite important to learn to do it that way & if you have a goal in mind that will probably help a fair bit.

More importantly though, you've got a plan now, which you've clearly put a lot of consideration into & it must feel great to know where you're going & have it all mapped out :)

Hannah

this sounds like a very carefull and well thought out plan and i cant see no reason why it cant work for you hun, good luck and congrats on that fab holiday youv got to look forward to xx

That sounds great I think its a really good idea and one I hadn't really considered. But your're right! The reason I'm so overweight is because I'm addicted to food and being aware of the food I eat and lose part of the weight through healthy eating will teach me about food.
Thank you x. Helen.

You are really great that you have such focus and resolve. I agree with everything already posted. It is a great plan to lose the last couple of stone through healthy eating and you will remain focussed on achieving your ultimate goal. You are a great role model, well done.

I admire your determination and grit and i have no trouble in beliving that one day you will be at your goal you are very positive and focused ...to stay on LT for so long just goes to prove how serious you are :)
Your plan sounds great why would anyone not go with it good luck and many thanks for your posts they always inspire me to carry on good luck with the plan

debz x

hi i agree with every1 i think it is a great plan i found this quote and i put it on my signiture
" Believe You Can, Believe You Can't, Whichever you'll probably be right...."
and i think its so true for so many things but especially diets
GREAT PLAN and you are doing fantastic on lt
and by the way from reading your posts and knowing you on lt i think you will make a great counciler ;)

Back