decisions... decisions :s

northerngurl

back once again
Ok...

its a choice here between two things...

I'm feeling a little flat today, i was unwell with a stomach bug that started on Thursday last week, it had left me by Saturday (sorry if TMI) and started TOTM from hell on Sunday :(

Had my weigh in at 3 o clock today and have lost only 1lb :( Yep i know its a loss but i feel a little deflated as looking at the loss overall across 3 weeks, a total of 6lb has gone (was hoping for more)

I was advised to move up to 810 as I was too weak to do my exercise classes.

So the dilemma is... do I go back to SS/SS+ for a couple of weeks to shift more weight more quickly? (and give up my exercising)

Or.. do I stay on 810 and hope that the measley loss this week is down to fluid retention?

I suppose there is a 3rd option.. which would be to go onto SW or something as I really hate the thought of a 1 - 2lb loss each week after virtually starving myself each week.

Any thoughts or advice girls/guys?

Ta in advance xx

Debs

You've got the Week 3 'curse' (in more ways than one :D :hug99:). Even without TOTM, it's actually really common for you to have a smaller loss on either week 3 or 4 of doing Cambridge - something to do with fat cells shrinking but your body desperately trying to maintain your weight and therefore retaining water (temporarily).

If you hang in there, you will see a bigger loss next week. I'd stick with 810 if you want to do exercise classes (the difference in average weekly weight loss between SS+ and 810 is tiny anyway).

Hope this helps x

I'm in the same situation as you Lily and the only reason I don't want tomgo up the plans as I thought you come out of ketosis on 810 and for me that's the major advantage of CD

hiya :)

thanks for that... :D i think i have had a bit of a 'wanna hide under my duvet day' at work and just felt a bit disappointed this afternoon.

Got a monster headache but gonna have an early night and get up in a better frame of mind tomo..

Gonna stick with 810 this week and see how I get on x

Debs x

I'm in the same situation as you Lily and the only reason I don't want tomgo up the plans as I thought you come out of ketosis on 810 and for me that's the major advantage of CD

You're on the cusp of ketosis in 810. Some people stay in, some don't. But being out of ketosis may not make you as hungry as you think it might, so it's well worth a try at some point.

If you want to do 810 and stay in ketosis, it's best to avoid some of the more carby foods on the 810 plan like cottage cheese and stick to pure protein foods (and practically zero carb foods) like eggs, meat and fish.

Back