Breastfeeding ? Decreased milk due to SW...help!

Susiew2001

Gold Member
Hi all, need a bit of advice please...have a 14 wk old little girl who is excl bf. Joined SW properly (ie. group) on weds last week and since then she hasn't seemed as satisfied with her feeds and has started waking in the night again which she hadn't done for a few weeks. I did try SW at home with old books before but didn't go very well, hence back at group. She had her jabs last Monday and seems to have a bit of a cough, so it may just be coincidence that she's not as satisfied but has anyone else had same problem? I am following it religiously, am having all my HEs (mainly a) and between 10-15 syns a day as well as 1/3 plate super free etc. any advice appreciated! Thanks

Hello. First of all congratulations on your new baby girl!
I EBF my son for 8 months and know how hard it can be. Does your group leader know you're breastfeeding? I always thought that you could have extra hexs.
At 3 months there is a growth spurt so she may be wanting more feeds to boost your supply. I took fenugreek pills (from Holland and barretts), 3 pills 3x a day. Porridge and yeast/malt also helps boost supply. I had a bottle of Guinness every evening. You can also find recipes for lactation cookies online. Not sure how many syns they'd be tho!
Hope some of this helped :)

Thank you very much for your advice! Yes she does know, I get 6 HE's on EE, 4 of which I try to have as dairy. I will get some fenugreek tomorrow-didn't know about that. And will def have a look for lactation cookies...porridge it is from here on! X

No worries! Hope it goes well for you and your daughter. Congrats on keeping at it for this long already! Just remember that the more she nurses (growth spurts etc), the more your supply with increase. As long as she has wet nappies and continues to gain weight then you're golden, lol

Back