*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

You're making me hungry :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

the fish cakes were a disaster and just fell apart, and I just got really fed up and threw it all in the bin :( so I ended up having steak and mushroom instead

Food plan for tomorrow

Brekkie - grapes, cherries, muller light
Snack - fibre plus bar (5.5 syns)
Lunch - bacon and tomato pitta bread (hexb)
Snack - banana
Dinner - chilli con carne stuffed pepper
Snack - velvet crunch crisps (4 syns), natural yoghurt mixed with options (2 syns)
Total planned syns - 11.5

Chris is on a training course on monday so I think I might finally try the quiche recipe :) was thinking I could use 2 hexas of cheese (and maybe syn a bit too) and have half the quiche for dinner on monday night and then the other half the following day for lunch :D

Morning Emmy have a good one,
Shame bout the fish cakes but steak and mushrooms yummy,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, I'm sick, yet again :( not a dodgy tummy this time but a sore throat, blocked nose etc.

I was hoping to get people's opinions on something. When it comes to things like tunes or halls soothers or cough mixture. Do we actually syn them? Or do we just use what we need and keep our syns for stuff that we really want?

It's just that I'm having a really good focused day today despite feeling yuck and I don't want to ruin it by going over syns because of cough medicine etc

Hi everyone, I'm sick, yet again :( not a dodgy tummy this time but a sore throat, blocked nose etc.

I was hoping to get people's opinions on something. When it comes to things like tunes or halls soothers or cough mixture. Do we actually syn them? Or do we just use what we need and keep our syns for stuff that we really want?

It's just that I'm having a really good focused day today despite feeling yuck and I don't want to ruin it by going over syns because of cough medicine etc

Now that's a good question. I am inclined to ignore them, but I don't usually stay on plan when I'm ill. :eek:

Maybe I'm not the best person to answer your question then. :rolleyes: Have you tried Sudafed Blocked nose spray to clear your nose and sinuses. You don't eat or drink it so it would be free. Then only the throat stuff to worry about. Again I use Ultrachloraceptic Spray (sp) and it works really well and is only a scoot or 2 every few hours. Can't be sure but I'd call it negligible for syns.:D :D

Hope you get some relief somehow. :)

Hey hun, you can get sugar free lozenges/medicine if thats any help? xxx

hey sweetie, most sugar free cough sweets are 5 = 0.5 syns if they're not sugar free they are 0.5-1 syn each ....if you need cough mixture most are 1.5 syns per 2 tsps but if you buy Pavacol-D it's sugar free and therefore syn free.
Hope you feel better soon hun :hug99: xxxx

Sorry to hear your not feeling well hun, big hugs :bighug:

My mam is feeling the same at the moment too, and it's horrible to see her suffering - she really doesn't look well at all.

Hope you're feeling much better soon xx

Get well soon Emmy :bighug: xxx

I'd love to just have a week where I feel great from start to finish, one whole week please.

* has properly kicked in today and I mean properly :sigh: So looks like I was wrong when I said it was here :8855:

Food plan for today -

Brekkie- Banana, grapes, muller light
Snack - Strawberries
Lunch - mug shot
Dinner - Cheese and bacon burger (hexb for the roll and hexa for the cheese) with a side salad
Snack - velvet crunch crisps (4 syns), plain yoghurt with 2 options mixed in (4 syns as I know I'm going to want a chocolate fix tonight)
Total planned syns - 8

Get well soon hun, have you been to the doctors to see if they can prescribe you anything?? It's good that you're still on plan though... (hugs) xxxx

Hi Emmy, Sorry I've not been on for a while. You're doing fantastically given all the horrible stuff that's going on. I think you're so motivated and honest about how you're feeling it helps everyone who reads it because we've all been/are in same the same boat at times.

I can vouch for the Ultrachloraceptic Spray and agree it's minging, I think its really hospitally tasting but it does work fast so worth it in the long run.

Hope you're feeling better soon and try not to beat yourself up, you're making such good progress x

Back