*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Ragu pasta bake for dinner tonight as I had some turkey mince in the fridge that needed to be used :drool:

So far today I've had

Melon, mango and pineapple
chargrilled chicken followed by yoghurt
Think I might have some tomato and cucumber with mayo for lunch as I'm not overly hungry just a bit peckish

EmmyR1984 said:
I am spoilt :eek: he was insisting he didn't want to do, but I kept on at him until he caved :giggle:

Good girl lol x

Ladies, I'm having a really horrible time this morning, I'm so close to comfort eating and I really, really don't want to. One of my aunties is giving me grief again :mad:

In 2009 when my dad died C and M (dad's sisters) promised me that they would always be there for us, whatever happened. And to be fair to them for about 6 months they were there, checking on how we were doing etc. We made sure they were invited up for things we were doing like when mum went through my dad's things (she made sure they were there, though they were just like vultures out for anything they could get), we scattered the ashes (in a place that he used to take us as kids that they had no connection to) and had a bit of a memorial thing for the anniversary of his death

And slowly but surely they started distancing themselves from us to an extent where last year they had the nerve to turn around and sayd that they wanted to spend alone time where we'd scattered the ashes on the anniversary of his death. They didn't want us there, but my mum wasn't having any of it and she planned our own little thing saying they were welcome to stay if they wanted to.

We knew they were going to be shitty with us because a couple of months earlier my brother had had an argument with my uncle, which had all blown up over my brother making a sarcky comment about the film about Margaret Thatcher. And at this point I tried to get a bit of good feeling between the families again and told C in a fb conversation we were having that we were planning our wedding for 2013 and would be looking for the wedding rings when we were on holiday in turkey (the one we're going on in just over 1.5 weeks) and all C could say was make nasty comments about why we were waiting so long, were we sure we could afford it, why were we waiting so long to tell my fiance's parents (we wanted to tell them in person, not over the phone), why weren't we just having a registry office do and the worst one "why don't you get the rings from argos for £20 like normal people do?!?" and then she went quiet on me
wacko.gif

Since then she hasn't bothered with me whatsoever, she hasn't been in touch at christmas or my birthday, or my mum's birthday. She comments on mum's photos and she'll sometimes like mine of my dad but that's as far as it goes.

Last time we went to turkey I didn't take any liquids on the planes. But this time I want to take some moisturiser and lip balm because I'm trying to take care of my skin. So I put a status on fb asking if anyone knew what size bag to take and I had some helpful and some not so helpful replies
rofl.gif
And it came to a point where I'd decided what bag I was buying and had ordered it from ebay (we don't have a big selection of shops where we live and ebay is a godsend), and then a few hours later C pipes up "why dont you just buy them friom wilkos????". Now bearing in mind this is pretty much the first time I've heard from her since last year and she comes up with a comment like that. I know it probably doesn't seem like the most arsey response, but to me it is (given that she hasn't bothered with me for about 10 months).

I'm so close to cutting her out of everything, out of my life, out of the wedding and just blocking her completely on fb. I really, really don't want her at the wedding because I have this feeling that she's just going to be looking down her nose at us and judging everything because we're not having a formal reception, we're just going straight into the disco afterwards. The only thing that makes me keep her in my life is how disappointed I know dad would have been if I didn't keep the lines of communication open. :sigh:

Oh Emily how awful , you've got so much going on at the moment planning your wedding and the very close holiday you don't need any of this hassle anytime let alone now , I can't really comment on what you should do but I know your really upset about it and angry and I fully understand the feeling to comfort eat , but em you have come so far do you really wasn't them to ruin this in your life aswell? I know it's easy for ppl to say this , I struggle wiv comfort eating as you know,
Emily you are the better person don't let your aunts make you see differently,
Big hugs xxxxx

Yvonne x

I've had breakfast and I'm sticking at that, I won't let her ruin things.

If I knew why she was being such a cow then maybe I could do something to change it, maybe I could make things better somehow, but I just don't think it's possible because I'm seriously at a point where I don't want her in my life

Hi Emily. It's YOUR day and if you don't want the stress and worry of having people like that there then I'm positive your Dad would understand x

As for comfort eating , please try not to. I hope you haven't and the fact you came on here instead gives me hope that you know it won't help. I had a moment yesterday and trust me - you don't feel better afterwards!!!

Just concentrate on your holiday for now and have a fab time there :bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

EmmyR1984 said:
I've had breakfast and I'm sticking at that, I won't let her ruin things.

If I knew why she was being such a cow then maybe I could do something to change it, maybe I could make things better somehow, but I just don't think it's possible because I'm seriously at a point where I don't want her in my life

Phew! We were typing at he same time!

To me it sounds like plain old jealousy and you can't fix that x

I had a pot of pineapple, a muller light and 2 of the weetabix oaty bars (one as a hexb and one I synned - 4)

Oh yeah, we definitely know she's jealous, she had to get married quickly and at a registry office do because she was 7 months pregnant with her twin girls. But it just doesn't give her the right to make me feel so awful because we're doing our wedding the way we want to.

I've literally just had to beg Chris not to go on there and say anything because he's really gunning for her as it is :sigh:

I'm going to ask him to nip across to the garage and get me some fruit so I can stay at home today and stay on plan, plus I need to double check the cases yet again as Chris was messing with them last night :giggle:

Can someone please shoot me? :sigh:

I came to mum's thinking that as she hasn't seen me since thursday she'd be happy, but nope, all she's done is moan about finding cover for Chris on tuesday (so I've cancelled my dress appointment so we can come back on monday night after manchester), moan about finding cover for while we're in turkey, and moaning that he won't have any holidays left for us to go to London in december. I really just want to go home :(

Nope. Won't shoot you but will give you one of these :bighug: x

Em, I just read your posts today. Really sorry to hear about your aunts. Ignore them. Some peope have something bad to say about everything and everyone. For your wedding, it is your day. you & Chris choose how you want it to be and who to invite. As for your mum, probably she has had a bad day. Does Chris work for your Mum (what business is she in if you do not mind me asking). Please do not give up as you have come so far and doing so well. Instead of you getting yourself upset and turn to food, let them stew in their own juice. Just ignore them all. Big big hug.

Morning lovely Emmy, hope you have a lovely sunny Sunday sweetie :hug99: xxxx

Em, I just read your posts today. Really sorry to hear about your aunts. Ignore them. Some peope have something bad to say about everything and everyone. For your wedding, it is your day. you & Chris choose how you want it to be and who to invite. As for your mum, probably she has had a bad day. Does Chris work for your Mum (what business is she in if you do not mind me asking). Please do not give up as you have come so far and doing so well. Instead of you getting yourself upset and turn to food, let them stew in their own juice. Just ignore them all. Big big hug.

Chris is a carer for mum, along with my brother and my brother's gf oh and one of my brother's friends. She's in a wheelchair 24/7 and suffers from curvature of the spine, plus loads of other things too xx

Back on it today, I went off plan yesterday, but didn't have over 1800 calories I think. I just had one of those afternoons where I couldn't be bothered to do any cooking, so I had weetabix and toast, plus a big pot of blueberries :giggle:

So far today I've had some melon slices and about to go and get an oaty bar for my hexb.

At the moment given people's attitudes I was so close to cancelling the whole thing yesterday, but have come up with an even better idea, it just depends on whether we can afford to do it. I've contacted a company in turkey where we could get married on a boat out there and then have a honeymoon in a villa, then we could do a humanist ceremony over here on the day as planned, so people still get to see a ceremony, just not the official one if that makes sense?

Cases are pretty much packed, just a few extra bits to go in and we still have plenty of room for anything that we want to buy out there :woohoo:

Great plan Emily :). That way it really will be your day. No stress x

Back