*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

Thanks ladies :D

I've also been brave and put down a guesstimate of how much I think I weigh, it was my last weigh in (which was 168 kgs), plus a little more - though I do think there is more to add to that to be completely honest, despite my mum being under the impression that I lost a lot of weight before christmas. But, I'm not getting weighed until the beginning of February as I want to do this 100% focused and then book back in with the nurse :eek:

Are you not going to weigh yourself before you start? If you havent got scales you could always nip to your local boots and use those machines there, then you will know how well your doing, however saying that you will know by your clothes how your doing so ill be quiet and tootle off lol

Are you not going to weigh yourself before you start? If you havent got scales you could always nip to your local boots and use those machines there, then you will know how well your doing, however saying that you will know by your clothes how your doing so ill be quiet and tootle off lol

Nope, not going to weigh myself until February as it'll be a nice surprise as long as I stay focused on the plan. I have to admit, I'd be too embarassed to use the ones at Boots and my home ones broke last year and I just didn't bother to go out and buy new ones. :eek:

Well done for taking a guess, if you aren't being weighed until the start of Feb and are following the plan from the start of next week you may lose some beforehand and surprise yourself :) You sound really focussed though and we are all here to help out with anything you need to know etc :D xx

Thank you :D everyone has been so lovely so far and I can see it keeping me focused at times as I'm going to make myself come on here at the end of every day, even if it's just to write down what I've eaten

The trick to SW working this time is minimins, I love it here :D

The trick to SW working this time is minimins, I love it here :D

Yeah, I'm pretty hooked and I haven't been registered on here long

Having to add kitchen scales onto the shopping list for Monday so I can weigh out my cheese and other things, Mum is letting me borrow hers until next week so I can use a hexa on my chilli tomorrow night :D

Mmm chilli and cheese :drool:

hi Emmy, I just wanted to say how brave you are for taking the plunge and doing a diary! I'm like you well over the weight I should be and want to start thinking about trying for a baby soon so need to get myself into gear becuase I think I've got about ten stone to lose.

If you want anyone to chat with or support, keep in touch and good luck on your journey, hopefully we can can keep each other motivated x

I wish my fella would join, but he hates fruit and veg so he wouldn't do too well :p

Mine is awkward too. Had to get my food optimising book out and make a note of the superfree foods he willa ctually eat so I know what to add into meals and substitute (had to swap courgette for broccoli today etc) men eh! Cant live with them, can't live without them ;) xx

Mine is awkward too. Had to get my food optimising book out and make a note of the superfree foods he willa ctually eat so I know what to add into meals and substitute (had to swap courgette for broccoli today etc) men eh! Cant live with them, can't live without them ;) xx

Would that cheesy tuna pasta bake work with peas and mushrooms do you think? I have to admit I'm fussy with veg too, but I love salad so I get my superfree from fruit and salad :D Also, where did you get the recipe from hun? It looks so yummy I just have to try it ;)

Hi emily, just found your diary and wanted to wish you luck on your journey. You sound so focused, I know you'll do well.
Kat x

Would that cheesy tuna pasta bake work with peas and mushrooms do you think? I have to admit I'm fussy with veg too, but I love salad so I get my superfree from fruit and salad :D Also, where did you get the recipe from hun? It looks so yummy I just have to try it ;)

It would work with peas yes :D The only thing is the peas are free not superfree so you would have to add something superfree in too.
The recipe is in this months magazine but i'll pop it here for you :)

Serves 4, free on extra easy

375g dried pasta shapes, 8 spring onions, finely sliced, 3 courgettes, coarsely grated, 200g frozen sweetcorn, 250g pot quark, 100g fat free fromage frais, 2 tsp dried herbs, 400g can tuna drained, 120g cheddar cheese (If making for 4 it counts as HEXA, if doing it for 2, halve it or count 6 syns)

I made a few tweaks, i substituted half an onion for spring onions, i changed the courgette to broccoli, kept the sweetcorn and added a red pepper too.

to make it I cooked the pasta and halfway through chucked in the broccoli and sweetcorn to soften them, whilst it was cooking i gently fried the onion and pepper in some fry light, then I drained the pasta, tipped it back in the saucepan, added the onion and pepper, stirred in the quark/fromage frais, the can of tuna and half the cheese.
Popped this into an ovenproof dish, sprinkled over the rest of the cheese and then put under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes, till the cheese was bubbling and browning.

Sounds complicated writing it out but it was really so easy!!
xx

EDIT:: Just seen you've said to add mushroom in as well, that would be fine, if you were taking out the onion and courgette i'd suggest adding something else superfree, or you could change the sweetcorn to baby corn..which is superfree :) x

I don't know where I got peas from lol, I might try taking the seeds out of a few tomatoes and see how that goes :D

Can't wait to try it

I'll probably do like you did and put philadelphia in instead of quark as I tried it once and it made me gag and I've never been near it since :eek: Just so long as I syn it where necessary it should all be good :D Would it be ok to freeze as well? Chris won't touch fish so I'd need to freeze the other portions or eat it the next day :)

I've made that first step and I'm feeling quite pleased with myself :D

Breakfast - I woke up late so had a fibre plus bar (hexb), a toffee muller light and 2 satsumas, I had planned on having a pot of porridge but thought I'd be too full at lunchtime if I did

Lunch - is going to be mushrooms fried in frylight, grilled tomatoes, grilled bacon, maybe a poached egg and some beans with a pot of lychees afterwards

Dinner - is going to be chilli with a bit of pasta and some cathedral city light (hexa) sprinkled on top

Snacks wise, I might have a bag of peanut m&ms tonight (11.5 syns for the 45g bag I have) and might have another muller light

Sounds like a great food day! :) X

Back