*deep breath* my journey to a thinner / healthier me

right so we are all going to emmy's this month then xxxxx

some lovely sounding stuff there emmy :eat::eat::giggle::giggle:

have a lovely evening xxxx

EmmyR1984 said:
Ahhhhh I should have put the slimming world magazine on the list for when Chris went shopping for my mum earlier.

He got me 24 pour and seal bags for the freezer so that I don't have loads of bulky boxes taking up space. So far on the list of things to make I have

Mushroom soup
Sweet and sour sauce
Chilli con carne
Bolognese
Paella
Sausage and bacon casserole

I've also just been in touch with someone about arranging a private boat trip while we're in turkey. It's an absolutely stunning boat so I'm super excited :woohoo:

And I'm also trying to persuade Chris to let us go on a quad bike safari :eek: He's having non of it at the moment though :banghead:

I'm liking the sound of all this food. Yum. The ratatouille was ok but needed more seasoning and better quality tomatoes than I used (I used value ones!).
Tha quad bike safari sounds amazing. I'd love to do that sort of thing. Keep working on Chris!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm liking the sound of all this food. Yum. The ratatouille was ok but needed more seasoning and better quality tomatoes than I used (I used value ones!).
Tha quad bike safari sounds amazing. I'd love to do that sort of thing. Keep working on Chris!!

I intend to get my own way on this one :p

I can be a bit of a spoilt cow sometimes :8855:

Morning :wavey:

Chris is going shopping for me this morning, which means that tomorrow I can get to work on cooking some stuff up. :woohoo:

He doesn't get paid until wednesday so it's just going to be a small shop for stuff for mushroom soup, chilli con carne, quiche and spaghetti bolognese, and then thursday night and friday I'm going to make some more meals to freeze as well :D

Really dreading weigh in tomorrow as I definitely think I've gained. I think the only good thing about it will be the fact that I have the week planned out so that it will soon be gone :eek:

I'm really starting to wish that the summer clothes would hurry up and come out :gimi:

I don't know where to shop this summer as I don't know what size I'm going to be. But so far everything seems to be really frumpy and icky. So I'm keeping everything crossed that over the next couple of months there is a major improvement in what's available.

I don't think I'd be too fussed if we weren't going to turkey. But I don't really want to spend the holiday in men's shorts this time, I want some girly stuff. Plus I'm a bit of a control freak and like to have everything planned out way in advance :giggle:

OMG Emily you are so organised. I'l swap you half of your organised for half my whenever apprach and we may end up with two normal people.

Is it a deal? It is something I try to work at but any improvements never last long enough. I think you'll need to take up dressmaking so you can alter all your clothes as the weight drops off, especially if you want to buy lots now for wearing in a few months time. TEE HEE at least it would save you money too. :)

I don't feel organised :eek:

I don't think I'll spend too much on summer stuff because by the time next year rolls around I'll be even smaller. But I'll probably end up selling a lot of stuff on ebay :)

I tried one of the mint muller lights today and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. The only way I can think to describe it is like liquid aero :8855:

Think I'm going to make a veggie quiche tonight so that I can have extra cheese in it :D

So tomorrow is looking a lot like this

Brekkie - Apple and muller light
Lunch - quiche (2 x hexa), tuna (5 syns) and salad
Snack - fibre plus bar (hexb)
Dinner - mushroom soup
Snack - fibre plus bar (hexb) and crisps(5 syns)
Total planned syns - 10

EmmyR1984 said:
Think I'm going to make a veggie quiche tonight so that I can have extra cheese in it :D

So tomorrow is looking a lot like this

Brekkie - Apple and muller light
Lunch - quiche (2 x hexa), tuna (5 syns) and salad
Snack - fibre plus bar (hexb)
Dinner - mushroom soup
Snack - fibre plus bar (hexb) and crisps(5 syns)
Total planned syns - 10

Is this a red day Em?

I was putting it down as a green day (have I got that right?). I figured I'd be quite full at night so would have only been on 5 syns if I hadn't synned the tuna, which will stop me from going for anything else just for the sake of it.

I've probably worked it out wrong lol

EmmyR1984 said:
I was putting it down as a green day (have I got that right?). I figured I'd be quite full at night so would have only been on 5 syns if I hadn't synned the tuna, which will stop me from going for anything else just for the sake of it.

I've probably worked it out wrong lol

Sorry! Yes green is perfectly right x

I tend to get them a bit mixed up sometimes as I stick to EE normally and will be back to EE on tuesday :)

Quiche is in the oven now, going to have half tonight and then half tomorrow for lunch. It's got mushrooms, onion and sweetcorn in as well as cheese and then tomato on the top. Hope it turns out well because I want to try making the tuna one later this week

Just got the quiche out of the oven and had a little slice :drool:

It didn't taste very cheesy though. Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve this?

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

EmmyR1984 said:
Just got the quiche out of the oven and had a little slice :drool:

It didn't taste very cheesy though. Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve this?

Do you use cottage cheese? Perhaps next time use a hexa of a strong flavour cheese like Parmesan? Only an idea. Looks good though

Nope, I just used eggs, sweetcorn, mushrooms, onion, tomato on top and mature cheddar (but it didn't seem very strong). I might have a look for a really strong cheese to use next time

I have to say I'm quite surprised with how well it turned out lol

EmmyR1984 said:
Nope, I just used eggs, sweetcorn, mushrooms, onion, tomato on top and mature cheddar (but it didn't seem very strong). I might have a look for a really strong cheese to use next time

I have to say I'm quite surprised with how well it turned out lol

When I make quiche I whisk the eggs with 175g cottage cheese, that may help. Otherwise try stronger cheese. It does look very good mmm

Back