Defector from Cambridge....

hanloje

Silver Member
Hi everyone -

I'm having to stop Cambridge due to really bad asthma and not being sure whether it's the mealpacks or something else :cry::cry:

However, I'm determined to do low carb before I can go back on it (if I can)....

Just wanted to say hi, would be useful to hear from people who've successfully LC'd and lost loads... just to make me feel better!

hey, hope you ok

have you checked to see if you have an intolerance to milk/ lactose?? i know that can set asthma off sometimes, also stress so try and relax.

I started earlier in the year at 13st exactly, I done LT for 3/4 weeks lost a stone,too little cals for me kept fainting so changed to low carb then lost another 1st and 4lb, but then the stress of sis wedding and working crazy hours put it on hold. tried a few times to restart not in the right frame of mind though.... But then at the weekend I was in the right frame of mind so started on sunday. Thats me at the end of day 3 with the worst over and in ketosis again

so my restart weight was 11.9, but i checked this morning and already down to 11.2 ( but i do tend to hold a lot of fluid!!!)

you will do great on low carb if you want to (that's the trick, really wanting it)

x

Aww thanks for the encouragement, it's all new to me but I'm getting there slowly and determined to keep losing!

Hi Hanloje

Another new diet - poor you, what an upheaval!!!! How're you getting on? What diet are you doing? I'm sort of following South Beach as my maintenance plan - low fat/good carb. Thought about Atkins but don't fancy all the fat if I'm honest, need to consider my cholesterol!!!!

Good luck - you've so far I'm sure you'll do fine - I know how determined you are to get to target!!!

Onwards and downwards

Carol x

Hi Carol - At the moment I'm following Atkins induction plan, if I'm better this two weeks then I'm going to go back to W8 as I was fine on their packs.. if I'm no better I can start back on CD as it's obviously something else causing it all.. all very confusing for me and everyone else to follow I'm sure!

Just keeping net carbs to under 20g for the next few weeks and not eating any processed food, cooking from scratch should show if my allergies are better.

How are you finding SB? I haven't even read up on that? but may be an option when I've finished my two weeks??

Thanks for the good wishes anyway. !!

Hi everyone -

I'm having to stop Cambridge due to really bad asthma and not being sure whether it's the mealpacks or something else :cry::cry:

However, I'm determined to do low carb before I can go back on it (if I can)....

Just wanted to say hi, would be useful to hear from people who've successfully LC'd and lost loads... just to make me feel better!

Hiya!

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your low carbing xxx

have you heard of the Juddd diet? I know some ex cambridgers are now using it for maintainance...there is some evidence that it helps with asthma and arthritus and other inflamatory complaints, it might be worth a go

Back