Definitely losing it this time!!!! Soooom's Diary

soooom

Hi, I did post a diary thread elsewhere but since I am CCing i think this might be a better place for it to go :)

In 2008 after losing 1 stone 9 and going from 12.9 to 11stone, in the following 3 years I have gained it all back, plus an extra stone on top :rolleyes:.
I did it last time by using Paul McKenna's book, I can make you thin, but I didn't feel it was structured enough and after a while I just found I'd stopped doing it. I also didn't feel it was all that healthy as it encourages you to only have in your cupboards foors that you want to eat - in my case chocolate, crisps, pizza etc - not all that nutritious!!

So this time I have decided to CC and have begun using MFP, which is brilliant. I have also started going back to the gym and am aiming for a minimum of 3 x per week with that.

So I started on Monday and so far so good, although I do seem to be slightly down on my cals, I think I need to get more snacks in - I don't know - according to MFP (btw - add me - smulho99!) i'm only averaging 900-1000 and i'm really aiming for 1200-1400. Its strange though because I haven't felt hungry :confused: and I have been eating a LOT less than before I started this. I calculated I was eating arounf 3000 cals before :eek:. Basically I was gaining just over 1lb per month:eating: No wonder none of my clothes fit!!!

So today:

Exercise

1 hour of swimming

Food

Breakfast
1 Potato cake (148 cal) with 3g butter (21 Cal)
Fruit Salad which I split in half and ate half for lunch too - Banana, 20Grapes, Apple, Splash of Orange juice - 250 Cal altogether

Lunch
Ryveta wholegrain crackerbread x4 (80 cal)
Morrisons reduced fat soft cheese 30g (29cal)
Banana (89 cal)
Half of fruit salad (125ish cal)

Dinner
Quorn chicken fillet (55 cals)
Half small onion - (14cals)
Half carrot (8 cals)
Frozen petit pois (34cals)
Mashed potato with skimmed milk (156 cals)

I am also going to have some apricot with plain yoghurt shortly.

Snacks - Fuit factory raisins and apricot 14g box (41 cal)

Today has been a bit of a slog really. Started with a row with my OH who took it upon himself to decide I should have a lie in before we went to church for good friday serviceand not wake me up...except id told him I needed to be up at 9 to make my breakfast first! GAAAH! :rolleyes:

I made it to the gym this afternoon even though I really wasn't feeling it today, feeling slightly achey after swimming/gym 4 times this week, which is more than in the last 6 months!! 350 Cals burned made it worth it though I guess. Now im lay on my sofa trying to summon the energy to go and make tea for myself as OH is out drinking!

Breakfast: total - 494 cals
1 Potato Cake - 148 Cals
2 Scrambled Eggs - 225 Cals (Inc butter&skimmed milk)
Glass of orance - 110 Cals

Lunch (total 424 cals)
4 x Ryveta crispbreads - 80cals
1oz of mild cheddar cheese - 110 cals
1 Tbsp Branston Picke - 16 cals
Banana - 95 cals
Orange squash - 4 cals
Tesco low fat cherry yoghurt - 119 cals

I will be making low fat brocolli soup for tea, probably eaten with a ryveta cracker bread, or oatcake.

Snacks: 2 BBQ snack a jacks - 80 cals
Exercise - c25k + extra running/walking totalling 50 mins - 280 cals
Shopping (walking) 20 mins - 72 cals

Definitely try and up your calories, you'll probably find that you lose more. Your body quickly adjusts to you eating a lot less and so just because you don't feel hungry doesn't necessarily mean you don't need the extra food. You could try adding fruit juice, nuts, avocado and things like that to help bump up your calories in healthy ways. Good luck :)

Back