Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Ooh....I love shopping!
Those are gorgeous outfits!

Stay positive spangles just think next week could be your whoosh week, it's your first week after you step up so your body is clamping down but next week will be great I'm sure x

Love it, love it all. I have a lovely black pencil dress to wear to an (early) Christmas do on Friday with my face TUK shoes.
Sorry you gained though Spangles, though we all know its not a real gain and you will be back on track within days ...... xx

ForumRunner_20111115_223400.jpg

spangles said:
ahh, now - my ebay habit is out of control at the moment. i bought a dress for now to wear to my friend's show at the end of the month:

a dress for work, in the new year:

(got it on and done up, but it looke sprayed on - anyway, it will, eventually, look better on me than the model. where's *her* hourglass, hmm?)

and jeans that look a bit like this - which are for the end of the journey, as they're a small 16, as far as i can tell...

Dont be down spangles, You know you couldn't have tried any harderand you didn't blip so here's to a big loss next week! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right. Just had my ultrasound - it's not gallstones. Liver and kidneys also looked fine. Waiting to see GP now.

Scales still haven't shifted - surely I'm due my 'whoosh' soon...

spangles said:
Right. Just had my ultrasound - it's not gallstones. Liver and kidneys also looked fine. Waiting to see GP now.

That's good news and bad at the same time, hope they find out what's going on soon.

Your whoosh will come soon x

spangles said:

Ahh good to hear, wonder what's gone on, hope the gp can give you some answers. X

Spangles you have been brilliant and this and you will get your whoosh! I just know you will. Hang in there! Glad that gallstones, kidney etc are all in the clear!

so, GP is still concerned, because the bloods they did when i went to A&E are worrying, with relation to my liver.

they keep asking me how much i drink - apparently the last 4 months teetotal are irrelevant. so before that i was a bit of a binge drinker. fortunately, they have comparative blood tests from 2010, which i had for fertility, and they show much better liver enzyme levels (18 then, 138 now, fwiw), despite the fact that i was a much heavier drinker then.

I don't think it's booze.

I think it's gastritis (inflamed stomach lining) caused by stress. gastritis can be caused by a bacterium too, so I also have to give a stool sample. which will be tricky, as this diet has a tendancy to make me rather 'fluid'...

as well as that i'm having about a zillion blood tests for just about everything - including rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism.

so, yeah - they don't know, but they're taking it fairly seriously.

I'm glad they are taking it seriously, it's horrid living with pain. I'm sure the blood tests will give them a clue.

There was no suggestion to stop the CD was there? X

nope - no suggestion it could be diet-related.

Oh! Spangles, I hope they get to the bottom of it. At least one thing they have ruled out is that it is not diet related. Hopefully results will come back soon and you won't be kept hanging on for too long hon.

they haven't ruled it out, as such. they just haven't suggested it might be.

Morning love, just thought I'd stop by and wish you a happy friday! Got any exciting plans for the weekend? X

Ohhhh Spangles.

BUMMER. Katie who used to have a diary on here also had mystery pain and freequent water infections (which I dont think you mentioned) when she started to lose weight on CD.

It could be gastritis, it could be a stomach ulcer, it could be hiatus hernia...no point summising, it's best to let the docs do their thang, in the mean time as worrisome as it is, its probably a good idea to take extra special care of yourself, especially the stress that you are under at work.

I have just been nominated as our "wellbeing champion" at work because of the inordinant levels of stress that we are under - I am getting some holistic therapists from our local college to come and provide "time out treatments" and having "fun day fridays" where everyone can do something which they find fun (not at the same time of course) but often we are all so busy that my team run around like headless chickens (I sit in my office/ivory tower) and we are all totally disconnected. This is an opportunity to connect as a people in ways which dont have any real purpose but have meaning! I think working in government funded/private enterprise type services you are always up against the interestes of the government agencies and their envoys (in your case probably ofsted) and their performance matrix and your academy's need to ballance the books and bring everything in on a surplus.

Gah...anyway. I am off today - well working from home, so I better go and do some of that.

edit@ violetta -

well yes, yes I do. Thank you for asking. :)

Tomorrow I am having my hair did (the blonde stripe has long dark roots, and it generally needs cutting).

Then I am going to look for some cheapy winter boots that fit my calves but are smart enough for work.

Then in the evening I am going to the Carter USM gig at the Brixton Academy, and then I'm guest-listed to the afterparty, cos my mate is Deejaying at it. (Woo, get me with my guest-list-for-an-early-ninties-indie-band-after-party status...).

In eight matters, i have lost half a pound. woop-de-do

Last edited:
Back