Deflating the Bouncy Castle

egbert - cortisol is a hormone produced when you're stressed. it makes you hungry.

diva - thank you! i used to write a really well-read blog about style and clothes (it had an international following, no less)... but it fell by the wayside when work became hellish.

kira - now, now. i think we established without much room for argument that any resemblance between my husband and david tennant is purely a figment of my own wistful thinking.

yup. still in bed. might have a bar soon so i don't leave it too late.

Hey! spangles, how have you managed with the hunger pangs? Did they wane throughout the course of the day?

haven't been hungry today at all. it's a work thing.

Gosh!Cortisol must increase significantly when one is stressed - enough to cause hunger pangs even when in ketosis! The science of how the body works is pretty amazing. No! Don't worry I am not going to go on about one of my theories!! Scientist I am not!

That's means tomorrow should be a good day for you. x

Honestly cortisol is one of my demons! I am convinced it's partially why I developed PCOS.... Look at the research about cortisol and fertility and the impact it has on early miscarriage ( which I have experienced 2 of! )

Now I flat out refuse to get so stressed, I was so desensitized previously the only time I knew my stress levels were through the roof would be when I would forget where I was going, honestly I would be in the car going somewhere and flat out forget where!

spangles said:
This post is about poo. You have been warned. It is not coy.

So, normally I don't suffer from the constipation common on a vlcd. For the last ten years ago i've tended to the runs - especially when eating dairy or fatty food (did it stop me eating pizza? did it f*ck...) - and that's kinda carried on during CD.

Anyway, I keep a mental note of when i've had a poo on CD and it's rarely gone past two days. And it's usually pretty loose. I've had to take senakot twice. But I quite often find i get the urge to go after a liquid pack, and i always try to capitalise on that, cos if i wait it goes away and then who knows how long it'll be til next time.

So this week I was kinda feeling a bit heavy in my lower abdomen, but also, I was having some loose poos most days, so I assumed I was fine. Anyway, just now I went for a wee and realised - as you do - that there was a poo coming. A proper, solid poo. So I think 'woohoo' (cos everything that leaves your body is weight lost, right?) - but honest to Jarvis, it did *not* stop coming. Veterans of CD will know that there just isn't that much being passed through, cos there's so little going in, but my-oh-my... I wish I'd timed it. I got up and looked before I dropped the loo roll in and it had covered the whole area of the loo floor, as it were. Which for a solid CD poo is monumental.

ANYWAY - I'm dead chuffed. I feel so much lighter, and can't wait for tomorrow morning and a weigh in.

Reckon it's those slim and save mealpacks I've been having. Took a while for my system to adjust and they're more bulky anyway. But fancy you can be constipated and have the runs at the same time! Who knew?!

:D

Just read through your diary over the last 2 days! I love it! You are so inspirational. I I do half as good as you il be over joyed! Anyways I've quoted this piece because I have just loled to myself! So funny. Keep up the hard work x

thanks honey.

and yes, kira. i hope for a good sunday.

OMG!! I have just had to stop what I was doing in order to post this!!!!

Reached page 37 of your diary ( was re-reading) 12 November 2011 and saw the before, middle and Novemeber 12 th photos!!!!! You look AMAZING!!! You are AMAZING!!! You have a GORGEOUS figure!!!

How much more GORGEOUS will you look at goal?! You'll look tiny!! Your body shape is all so in proportion even when you started SS. Off to finish reading ......

thank you, sweetheart! what a lovely thing to say. nearly time for the next set. hopefully the weekend after next. (they're at two stone intervals).

Had read your diary previously and commented on your pics back then too... but clearly it went out of my mind and when you see them again almost 2 months on ... wOW!!! Er! Also noticed my spellings mistakes and the wrong words!! This bloomin' iPad!!!

I cannot wait to see your next set of pics!! I am so envious of your proportionate body shape!! I've got the top half of a slim person and the backside of Nicky Minaj/ serena Wiiliams even at a size blooming' 8-10!

Come off it who doesn't want to be a size 8 with the booty of nikki Minaj? I will swap you any day!

Ha! Ha!! I won't hAve choice when I reach goal!! Unless darling husband forks out for liposuction for my "Bouncy Planets" as my 7 year old calls my bottom cheeks!!

Haha I think it's great to have a "back off" as my BF eloquently calls a behind!

kira, kira, kira - move to south london. my girls at school will tell you that a big round bum is the only kind the boys like. honestly - they talk about getting implants!

Haha maybe it is a south London thing as I'm from there too!!

Ha! Ha! Does having lived in islington for few years count?? Maybe one has to be South Londoner?!! Must feed kids now! Crickey not one bit hungry!! Yeah!!

I am getting quite excited about the impending presence of food in my life. also scared. but excited. and a little obsessive - as i'm sure it will come as no surprise to hear. I am most intrigued by what i'm going to eat at work. for the stepping up phase, yes - but after too. low-carb lunches and lots of healthy snacks. I get to work about eight and i'm there til six on average, and i didn't used to take anything to eat. Then at morning break i bought two subs from the canteen, and carbohydrate-coshed myself until about 3.30pm, when i'd be screaming hungry again. whereupon i'd eat a week's worth of snacks (i used to get a graze box every day) and on a really bad day stop for a huge box of cream cakes on the way home. and then have dinner. :/

so, anyway. what i've noticed a lot about step 3 onwards, and dietchef too, is that i can structure myself something to eat before school, at morning break, at lunch, and mid afternoon. and then have dinner! I have to accept that i will eat, and plan for that, rather than trying to aspire to not eating wherever possible and for as long as possible.

anyway, because the answer to all slightly scary feelings (in the absence of food) seems to be to spend money, I have bought myself this rather fetching purple bento box:

278524.jpg

I can put my lunch (salad / soup) in the bottom and my brekkie plus snacks in the top. sorted.

Back