Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Not control 'freaky' but definitely controlled, in every good sense. After all thats what you need when maintaining right? Control?
You always seem to be doing this diet right in every sense :)

Giant cous cous?! never heard of it but never been a fan of cous cous at all, glad you are enjoying it all!

It is going to be nice to get out and be more social food wise. Has your DH been eating the healthy meals you make? When I cook healthier my DH almost always loses more weight than I do.

no - at the moment i don't want to cook bigger quantities because then i can't be sure i'm getting the right amount for me. if i do cook double, as with the chilli then because i eat both halves i know the cals are correct over the two days.

ControLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Whilst I'm stuck on ss & hate it right now, it's also a huge relief for some people who have disordered eating. No food means no bingeing. Or a 20 minute deliberation post diet about whether to eat a biscuit. I've been thinking about my own foray back into the food world, some months from now, following your diary. As a returner I know I went wrong by presuming being thin would beat the disorder. Which it didn't. But this time I'm learning more. I like the rigidity of ss, removing choice. I think it's a good way to continue, like you are now. I'm thinking of always having the same weekday breakfasts to remove choices. Also strict rules such as no eating in the car (my usual binge location) specified snacks each day & working meals out weekly. And if I'm feeling like I will binge, leaving the house for a quick walk. As lame as this sounds, the quick increase in heart rate works wonders for my bingeing urges. I agree, control is the way forward.

am buying more ebay clothes and took some up to date measurements: 43"/31"/43" - so that's 8" off the bust, 13" off the waist, and 12.5" off the hips.

you're all-round more slinky, though...

and significantly lighter!

We have the same waist too.

i could do with your waist!

i am 36,34,35
that is latest CDC's measurements though and she's not a great measurer, will have to check it myself really, i have only rechecked the waist on occasion.

I just did mine this morning and I'm 43, 35, 40 which is odd because my waist has always been the bit of me in the past that was relatively slim (compared to hips and boobs). Maybe that's where it will go from next as I'm still carry lots of abdomen flab I think? If you don't mind me asking what cup size are you in now? I always struggle to find a bra that's a decent fit, especially now I'm changing weight quite often. The latest bra I bought is a 38FF and seems to fit reasonably well.

oh, i've come unstuck with bra sizes recently: i ordered a bunch of 32G/GGs and the're comically small in the cups. I just got carried away with the hope of all those extra styles you can get below an H-cup.

Anyway, my current bras are 34HH and are too big all round, so I guess I'm a 32HH, or possibly, hopefully an H.

I started as a 36K.

BordersGirl - have you been to bravissimo? if your waist is only 35, you might need a smaller band size and a bigger cup size. There's only one inch between my waist and my underbust size.

Thanks! You may well be right. It's the overspilling of the cup I always find to be my problem. I'm going to go to bravissimo and treat myself to some decent bras as soon as I get to goal. I'm in what I hope will be transient sizes at the mo so am shopping on t'internet (and not being overly lucky!). I see that quite a few 'normal' shops are doing bras in bigger cup sizes these days but they're either of a shape that I know I'll just fall out of or like the sort of styles matron would wear :). Should just bite the bullet and get a few that fit rather than filling my drawer up with ones I wear once and then decide don't fit well I guess.

simply be own brand are very hit and miss with sizing, and M&S are useless for larger cups. however, fantasie, freya etc are excellent (though fit can vary between styles: the bravissimo website has lots f reviews which can guide you).

Does the back band ride up at all at the back?

Basically, if you cut the shoulder straps off, your boobs should still mostly be supported, and most people wear their back band too loose. this is for a couple of reasons. way back when bras were invented they were made of non-stretch materials. so they said you should measure around your ribcage/underbust, and then add 3 inches or whatever, so that you'd still be able to take a deep breath. Now we have stretchy bras, your band size *is* your ribcage measurement. Places like M&S still use the old sizing because otherwise they have to stock a huge range of cup sizes. very expensive.

the other reason is that if you're used to an ill-fitting bra, trying on one in the right size can feel a bit constricting. I mean, if you can't breathe, it's too tight, but it should be really close to the ribs.

For every back size you go down, the cup size goes up, so essentially, the cups on a 38FF and a 36G are the same, so that would be the one to try next (assuming you don't bulge out of this bra at all). the wires should sit flat to your ribs in front, too - if they don't, you need to go up another cup size (36GG).

the difference is in comfort (no more back or shoulder ache) and shape - you look thinner and your waist looks smaller with a well fitting bra. I remember the first time my mum took me to rigby and peller when i was 18 (there was no bravissimo back then). M&S had measured me as a 38DD and actually i was a 30FF. All of a sudden i stopped looking matronly and frumpy and i was like "ba-zoingggg". Of course back then, (1992) almost no-one made bras that size and forget pretty colours. The most daring was a black granny bra - and they cost £60 each!

Since i've lost weight i've made do with three bras every time i've dropped a size. how good you look in clothes is so much to do with what you wear under them - i really urge you to just get one good bra now. you've earned it!

When bra shopping now, I very rarely buy a bra in my "official" size (38e). For me, it's more a case of seeing what might fit and trying a load of different sizes on- I've got bras in my drawer that vary between a 36 and a 42 and d-g cup :D

But then I'm the same with clothes- I've got stuff that is labeled as a 16 and fits and stuff that is a 24 that fits!! I just cut the labels out of the 24's :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to post all that :). The band on this one feels pretty snug. I can breath (thankfully) but I know it's round me, more so than the other bras I have (IYKWIM) but they are all a bit too loose round the band now. It doesn't ride up the back and the wires sit against my ribs underneath but start to pull away in front where the wires end where they usually add the little bow. Does that mean I need a bigger cup size? That's usually where I get the problem if my boobs actually fit in the cup to start off with. I'm not bursting out of this one like some of them I have :). I have a G cup in the drawer that I burst out of a lot more than this one so it's definitely a 'make' thing. I don't think that this one uses the straps at all to hold them up - I'm pretty sure that the band does that although how I don't know. I reckon I could lose at least a stone overnight without my boobs :)

I have some nice Fantasie bras from when I got to goal before but I was at least a stone and a half lighter than I am at the mo and they don't fit yet (think they're like 36F or something). Might need to take a trip into town and whip my t**s out to try a few on :). I hate trying on bras outside my house though, but given my track record of having things that are abandoned in my drawer just because I couldn't be arsed to return them it sounds like a more cost effective option.

Lol Jez, that's exactly what I do, especially if it's outer wear and people are likely to see the labels :)

I've just spent the last week going crazy buying bra's and matching briefs :D. I don't think I've bought a bra for about 2 years LOL. They were all in the sale at Debenhams & Allders so I thought I'd indulge myself. I was measured and got 34G. They feel great and make my clothes look good (I always put on clothes when I try bra's). I'm 13 pounds away from the goal weight I was a few years ago and at that time I was wearing 32G, so I'm hoping I'll get some wear out of the new stuff I've bought.

that reminds me i've bought some sports bras for the upcoming gym assault - OMG expensive! tried them on in Debenhams then bought from Amazon as on offer but even then over £20 each!

i've bought 4 sets of exercise clothing as hope to go at least 4 times a week and don't want to have the excuse that my stuff is in the wash, all too easy to forget to keep up with the washing and then decide you cba.

Oh brill. What make did you get? I swear by shock absorbers. They have a run bra and the puppies don't budge in it LOL. It's a bit expensive though at over £35 :O

Bordersgirl - sounds like you need a 38G but in a style with good coverage so you don't fall out! the wires definitely should sit tight to the chest in front.

Back