Deflating the Bouncy Castle

Well done your willpower is epic! How do you feel today? Should be proud of yourself! Lucky you weren't there a few days earlier or you could have seen a stressed out mum trying to get her son into a suit with the help of four assistants (me!)

Well done Ms Super WillPower. SOunds like you are still going strong. :)

Yeah - still going strong. I am going through a really resentful phase with it at the moment. have just come home from a friend's wedding party, early, because you know what? - turns out i really do need to be drunk to have a good time.

i'm feeling hard done by and deprived. i need a slap, really. It's just knowing that i'm only a third of the way through, and still have six months or thereabouts. it's miserable and it looms ahead of me.

spangles said:
Yeah - still going strong. I am going through a really resentful phase with it at the moment. have just come home from a friend's wedding party, early, because you know what? - turns out i really do need to be drunk to have a good time.

i'm feeling hard done by and deprived. i need a slap, really. It's just knowing that i'm only a third of the way through, and still have six months or thereabouts. it's miserable and it looms ahead of me.

You don't need a slap you need a freaking big pat on the back as you keep making the right decisions to continue improving your life. There isn't anyone on here who has more dedication than you and no better reason for doing this whole mental cd journey. You are 1/3rd of the way my friend, that's huge, you've done so incredibly well and you're a bloody inspiration. Don't feel sad honey bunch, keep strong and you'll be there in no time x

You don't need a slap you need a freaking big pat on the back as you keep making the right decisions to continue improving your life. There isn't anyone on here who has more dedication than you and no better reason for doing this whole mental cd journey. You are 1/3rd of the way my friend, that's huge, you've done so incredibly well and you're a bloody inspiration. Don't feel sad honey bunch, keep strong and you'll be there in no time x

What she said.... :)

You know what spangles my dear, you WILL feel like that, there are days where it's all too restrictive and you pine for the freedom of the old empire of kebabs and chips following vodka fueled nights on the tiles, feel them, accept them, mourn them, because sadly they have no part in your life anymore. You will turn a corner, when your weight is lower, boy will you have a good time when you are out, it just seems to happen, soon you will be prancing about in the most fabu clothes, and heels, being dang sexy....so say F you to drunkeness and HELLO to va-va-voom confidence that you cant shake a stick at.

What they both said....!

With brass nobs on!! Keep going you are doing brill, but events are so hard but it's only short term pain for long term gain ( not weight gain of course)!! Xxxx

Hope you have a better day lovely lady, love us lot x

Attachments

• 298345_bunch_of_daisies.jpeg
    298345_bunch_of_daisies.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 32
Have just come home from a friend's wedding party, early, because you know what? - turns out i really do need to be drunk to have a good time.

Spangles, this is the reason I have become a social hermit! I have been to friends weddings but on those days I have to admit I was a failure and as such I had 3 weeks off in a row and put on 5lbs...

You have done so well to stick to it, you are such a strong and inspiring person. Keep your chin up and think of the end goal, the longer you stick to the diet, the sooner you can think about starting your family - plus this might be a good time to say that when that happens, you wouldn't be drinking for 9 months anyway :D better get used to the lack of alcohol. :)

Spangles, you are one of the most inspiring people on here, you certainly do not need a slap! xx

well done on everything Spangles, maybe the diet could also be a mean to learn how to socialize in other ways ? I haven't been as social as I am now for a long time, I just enjoy being around people so much more than with my added pounds ;) I'm not a big alcohol drinker in the first place, but I've missed my traditionnal glass of wine with my lover on saturdays evenings. but I managed to do some other fun things instead and I think it's fine, one thing drives another away, keep seeing people and having fun ;)

Thanks all so much - I read Vi's first post and burst into tears... :eek:

It's odd - all day at a family gathering, and all night at the party I was getting lovely compliments, from people who haven't seen me since this all started. I was a size 24 then, and yesterday i wore a size 18... qnd i am someone who loves getting compliments and i am happy to look better because i'm ALL about the clothes, but - i don't know. I think i was just a bit glum to be experiencing it in a ddifferent way to everyone else. My family don't drink often, but when they do, they get pissed. My friends all drink like thirsty fishes all the time, and i just felt removed from them. disconnected.

what Illa said about finding other ways to have fun... it's scary. I've spent the last, what? 22 years? as a party girl, a hedonist, a raver, one of the pisserati - and it has come to define me (that and the clothes). But if i don't want to end up back here - and i can't - then that will have to change, at least a bit.

and yes - if i do manage to get duffed up, i'll have to knock it on the head completely for a while, and even then - i won't be able to spend all weekend getting over a hangover if i have a small person making unsympathetic demands on me. I've tried with my nieces and nephews, and 'let's play a game of Lying Very Still In The Dark' never seems very popular for long :rolleyes: :D.

Blimey - I'm 37 and finally having to face growing up...

anyway, better today. less grumpy. Life goes on and the ocado man will be here presently with all my foods for 810 week, plus a load of other non food things to make up the minimum deliver order. Turns out that even if you buy organic, free range, sustainable everything, it still doesn't cost £40. Which can only really lay blame at the door of my previous prosecco habit...

Anyway, dithering over when to start 810. By the book it should be tomorrow, cos i started on a monday... but my weigh in isn't til tuesday afternoon, and i don't want to have two weigh ins affected by food. I'm thinking tuesday evening for my first meal, though my husband thinks that's a bit odd. he doesn't understand the boost of a good weigh in.

Ah hello, you're back :)

Soz didn't mean to make you cry, meant all that shiz though. Glad you're having a better day too. I'd start after your weigh in otherwise you won't be able to see the difference if you see what I mean. So I agree tuesday dinner... What are you going to have, I know you've been planning.
xxx

right well - i have bought:

7 x yeo valley organic fat free yoghurts (150g)
2 x raw peeled indonesian king prawn tails (200g)
1 x the black farmer organic chicken breasts - 2 pack (325g)
1 x quorn mince (350g)
1 x fresh dill
1 x cucumber
1 x sliced mushrooms (350g)
1 x ready trimmed tenderstem broccolli (80g)
and a box of eggs that i forgot to order so husband has just bought from sainsburys

so:

2 x mushroom omelette
2 x grilled chicken with broccoli
2 x grilled prawns with cucumber, plus dill yoghurt for dipping
1 x quorn with mushrooms and a tomato soup pack.

all my ingredients will err under the approved weights, but otoh, i shall be using spray oil to make my omelette. also, on the days when i'm not having prawns, i will put some water flavour in my yoghurt.

Ready for action so to speak :) I've decided to move up to step 3 tomo, so a bit nervous about about the whole carbs thing but will do it properly this time. No dicking about with mangos and plums!
Good luck my love x
ps See i'm so nervous i've double abouted ;)

ooh, i can't resist a mango, though. that short season when the alphonse mangos are in the shops is heaven.

anyway, good luck. do it by the book... and if you feel queasy at all, don't force yourself too soon, petal.

Love mangos had one on a trip in the Dominican and never again they just bite in to it, I had to use a towel to get the stuff out my teeth lol

Glad you are feeling more upbeat. You are doing amazingly and have incredible willpower. Believe me, when you are pregnant you don't mind the alcohol lack too much and after they arrive you just can't be bothered anyway. I don't think I got drunk Till mine were both a good few months old and then it just didn't feel the same. Hangovers while they are small babies is better than once they are moving though! At least as babies they just want quiet cuddles, feed and they stay still, once they can get up and bounce on you it is so much worse! :)

You meal plans sound lovely. Hope you enjoy this week. Do you go back to SS after?

And when they get to about 7, they bring you lemonade and nurofen in the morning......... x

Yup, back to SS for another 12 weeks, the another 810 week, then 2 more weeks of SS, then I have to start the seven weeks stepping up, ready or not, or I won't be finished by my holiday.

Back