Deflating the Bouncy Castle

in a good way, obv.

I've just read your whole diary and had to stop in and say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are an inspiration to everyone. I'm sorry to hear about your loss this week but please please don't forget how much you've achieved! I know it's not fair to get a small loss after sticking 100% while reading about people having huge losses after a takeaway or some other cheat.

You will get to your goal, there is no doubt because you are do determined and have a fantastic reason for doing so.

Take care of yourself, and maybe like others have said consider moving up a step. If you're not ready to introduce 'real' food adding in another pack could give you the same result.

Your low loss is your body telling you it needs more to function one week of SS+ or 810 will give you a boost. 4/5 years ago they did add a meal every 4 weeks your body seems to suit the old plan not CD as it stands now.
BUT this is up to you one week more on ss wont hurt , what was your WI after add a meal week?

minus 1lb after week 13.

6.25. so the average for the two was 3.7lbs

Please step up and not tell your CDC I would do SS+ not 810 (I have been a customer longer then a consultant) I think you have reached a wall that needs attention not ignoring with "make things worse" I would go as far as saying your CDC thinks you have cheated that's why she/he is pushing SS.

I know you 100% so step up to SS+ as a minimum and see how you go. I know you have a fight with food portion but I would say it will do you well to add the + xx

i'll do that from tomorrow. I have enough spare packs to do the packs version of SS+. Will pick up some yoghurt. How much are you sposed to have on ss+ if you don't have milk? I know it's 150g on 810...

Im sorry for butting in but i have just read your whole thread and my word what a journey you have been on and you have will power of steel!!! Im only on day 12 but having read through your diary and looking at your photos has really motivated me and prepared me better because i know it gets easier im just now more aware that there are going to be a few days that are bad and a few weeks where i dont lose as much as i hoped but the key is to stick to it!!!
You have done amazingly well and are truely an inspiration to me and many other that have only just begun our journey... Thanks so much for being so open and sharing your thoughts/feelings and experiences while on CD.
I wish you all the very best for your IVF treatment.

spangles said:
i'll do that from tomorrow. I have enough spare packs to do the packs version of SS+. Will pick up some yoghurt. How much are you sposed to have on ss+ if you don't have milk? I know it's 150g on 810...

I would do 4 packs or 3 and the meal at 200kcal with what I posted for a minimum of 5 days

cool. 4 packs it is.

spangles said:
the protein portion sizes on 810 are ridiculous, though. before CD my husband and i ate much smaller portions of meat than most people (carbs were my downfall) - no more than the size of a pack of cards. I think that's healthy. to eat the 810 appropriate amount of chicken breast you need to eat more than one, (or some kind of mutate-o-hen)... i think that certainly step 2 isn't so hot for teaching portion control.

I agree, I was weighing and measuring all kinds the other week, quorn for example is two thirds of a box. Who eats that much? I have spread it through the day before now! I dont know if it's they are all calorie controlled, so a bit like SW world you get to eat massive slabs of chicken or half a pound of prawns in pak choi stirfry. Personally my portions of savory food is not my issue, unless it's that they are well too tiny!

Going back to the slow but steady wins the race weight loss situation. I had a funny thought the other day. I think your body has a golden weight ( an imprint if you like) and Doing an extreme diet, you are likely to lose at a rate of no more than ten percent of your total amount between your imprint and your current weight week on week. I also think the body has a way of knowing that your calorific consumption is too low and adapts to it. That's why people plateau. If that happens I think you have to switch to a low carb plan to manage the glycogen and leptin and ghrelin for at least two weeks and start again.

I know this is of no use to you because your plan has a lot of structure to it. But I think definitely the lower your weight, the lower the numbers - fact!

I know you don't let this mush get you down. Just keep soldiering on, isn't it?

Oh god. I just caught up on all the action...I get so behind on the ipod app...I am just writing my peer mentoring paper so thought I would have a break and skim read.

I completely agree with what Mamma says. That and while I know that packs are allegedly nutritionally complete, you stay on them for so long I think they lose something valuable, plus you need vitamins to asorb minerals and minerals to make certain functions... function!

I would suggest going with 4 packs and taking a broad spectrum vitamin B (B5,B6 and B12) with a big omega 3&6 probably about 1500mg 3 times a day and some magnesium and zinc. They are all fundermentally important to the mobilisation of energy in cells, and that is fundamental to all human processes. You may just be opperating in skeleton staff at a celular level. Try it for 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Now I will take my advice, it worked for me in the past and I just forget to take them! :(

Happy Birthday petal! :)

How are you doing today? Are you starting the 4 shakes today? Sending massive birthday hugs and hope you get loads of nice stuff :D xxxxxx

Happy birthday gorgeous! Hope today is a brighter day

Have a good1 birthday girl! X

Thanks girls - bit shocked by my own raging last night.

I am starting 4 packs from today - Just had my one saved choc truffa bar leftover from xmas for just this occasion (dark chocolate deliciousness) and will make sure I have a pack at lunchtime, one before the theatre and one during the interval at the theatre tonight. Tomorrow I will go to sainsburys after work and have a look at the supplements Nat recommended.

Happy Birthday Spangles. Hope you have an amazing day (though I'm all about the C word on a Birthday) xxxx

Back